Best Engine Oil & Grade For Splendor

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I own an 2007 splendor+(modified).I am always confused with selecting my engine oil.[frustration]

Which brand?
Which grade?

I have been changing many oils since and I am very happy of my new SHELL HELIX 20W-50.I feel like I am riding my bike very smoothly.But I want to know that its the final output that I could get out of my bike.I always appreciate better acceleration.Also put your comments on a free flow air filter(k&n or green)

My bikes pics @ http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/8296-my-hero-honda-splendour-plus-modified.html

Attachments

Last edited:
Changing engine oils too frequently is not good for the engine. Having said that if you are happy with the performance of Shell Helix, than I'd suggest you to settle with it only.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #4
Changing engine oils too frequently is not good for the engine. Having said that if you are happy with the performance of Shell Helix, than I'd suggest you to settle with it only.

freakdude.
Thanks for the suggestion.I wanted to actually know if any better oil could help my engine heat go down sooner and gives place for more performance.As I drive my bike daily for 60km in an average speed of 60km/h.I wanted to know if a different could help.

Thanks anyways

Sorry to miss out this thread some how. But when I had caliber, I always used Active 4T or something similar. I dont remember the name. It was really good as compared to others.

freakdude.
Correction:

Changing the engine oil grade is injurious to engine's health
always use company recommended grade example 20W 40

do not go for synthetic or Semi synthetic, for a commuter bike mineral oil is good enough

usually splendor goes good with Castrol GTX 20-W-30 or 20-W-40 for 5000+ kms

Hi friends,

I own an 2007 splendor+(modified).I am always confused with selecting my engine oil.[frustration]

Which brand?
Which grade?
The stock oil grade recommended by Hero is 10W30.But 10W30 will deteriorate very quickly.The best Grade is 20W40 and 10W40 for all Hero bikes.Anything above xW40 will be making strain on engine. 20W50 and 15W50 creates lag in acceleration and may even drop mileage but will keep the engine cool as the oil is very thick,but its not recommended.

I have been changing many oils since and I am very happy of my new SHELL HELIX 20W-50.I feel like I am riding my bike very smoothly.But I want to know that its the final output that I could get out of my bike.I always appreciate better acceleration.
Shell Helix is CAR OIL,NOT FOR USE IN BIKES!!![frustration]
Car and bike uses different oils.Car oils in bike will cause clutch slips! Who recommend you that oil?

Castrol GTX is also meant for cars.:eek:
do not go for synthetic or Semi synthetic, for a commuter bike mineral oil is good enough
Yes.Get good Mineral oils.20W40 Grade.

Good 20W40 oils are:

Gulf Pride 4T Plus 20W40
Yamalube 20W40
Valvoline 20W40

the above mentioned oils are very good and will lasts up to 2000kms. For best performance replace oil every 2000kms.

Also put your comments on a free flow air filter(k&n or green)
WASTE OF MONEY! :) Replace Stock airfilter and Sparkplug every 10000kms and enjoy reliable and Smooth ride.

Shell also sells bike engine oils also, they ask me every time i visit the bunk.
Have not seen which type in particular.

Recently for Passion i was recommended an additive called Nulon which after adding to the engine, the gear shifting is smooth and pickup has increased.
And now gives a minimum 60 kmpl of mileage per litre.

Thread Starter #9
Sorry to miss out this thread some how. But when I had caliber, I always used Active 4T or something similar. I dont remember the name. It was really good as compared to others.
I also have that in mide.But the problem is there are many fakes coming up.Thats the problem

Thread Starter #10
Correction:

Changing the engine oil grade is injurious to engine's health
always use company recommended grade example 20W 40

Thanx for the suggestion

Thread Starter #11
The stock oil grade recommended by Hero is 10W30.But 10W30 will deteriorate very quickly.The best Grade is 20W40 and 10W40 for all Hero bikes.Anything above xW40 will be making strain on engine. 20W50 and 15W50 creates lag in acceleration and may even drop mileage but will keep the engine cool as the oil is very thick,but its not recommended.

Shell Helix is CAR OIL,NOT FOR USE IN BIKES!!![frustration]
Car and bike uses different oils.Car oils in bike will cause clutch slips! Who recommend you that oil?

Castrol GTX is also meant for cars.:eek:

Yes.Get good Mineral oils.20W40 Grade.

Good 20W40 oils are:

Gulf Pride 4T Plus 20W40
Yamalube 20W40
Valvoline 20W40

the above mentioned oils are very good and will lasts up to 2000kms. For best performance replace oil every 2000kms.

WASTE OF MONEY! :) Replace Stock airfilter and Sparkplug every 10000kms and enjoy reliable and Smooth ride.
http://tokooli.com/images/OLI/Shell-Helix-HX-3-20W-50-(1-liter).jpg

please see to this image.Helix is also available for bikes.Its semi-synthetic.[;)]

Thread Starter #12
Shell also sells bike engine oils also, they ask me every time i visit the bunk.
Have not seen which type in particular.

Recently for Passion i was recommended an additive called Nulon which after adding to the engine, the gear shifting is smooth and pickup has increased.
And now gives a minimum 60 kmpl of mileage per litre.
Did u get the additive from shell petrol bunk ???[surprise]

Thread Starter #13
Choice of engine oils

Hey friends,

I own a splendor + and had used a shell AX5 for a long time and was ok with it.The auto mobile owner is very close to me so he told me to try shell helix HX 3 for him to make an order.I was really amazed of this result.Oh God [clap] the valve sound and the timing chain sound reduced instantly.I am able to feel the differ in acceleration too.I have used more than 6 can for now for both my activa.

Question:

The question is can get to the next level HELIX HX 5 for petrol engines.

BTW,I only prefer shell[glasses] for its quality and pricing.Please suggest me any oil in Shell

Top Bottom