Best Alternatives to New Swift ZDi?

Thread Starter #1
as swift zdi waiting period is increased to sky high 6 to 8 months , and about 3 months of my patience still my dealer dont know about delivery time frame of car to be deliverd and with frequent petrol price hike , i finally decided to thing about new diesel car in the segment want to buy Hyundai i20 asta but worried about steering rattle issue reported by different people and also suggest some swift zdi replacement , please reply fast as i want to purchase car with in this month .[frustration]

I think the swift is not a good option anymore.
-It's costlier than the old Swift.
-It looks more or less the same. Before people start pouncing on me, let me say that most of the members here can differentiate but the average Joe on the street cannot.
-The brakes are bad. A friend has detailed his experience on another forum.
-You may get a piece which was sabotaged by workers.
-The build quality is flimsy.
-Safety is a big question mark.

Your alternatives would be
-Fiat Punto (excellent car but not selling due to herd mentality. Good discounts now)
-Tata Indica Vista (Excellent VFM. More spacious than the Punto but cannot match the Punto's handling)
-Hyundai i20 (One of the best alternatives. A bit pricey and a bad handler)
-Toyota Etios Liva (I would not consider this)
-Mahindra Verito (Excellent VFM if you need a boot)

My personal choice- Punto

1) Honda Jazz (same waiting period as swift)
3) Maruti Ritz ZXi (almost same feature as swift)
4) Honda Brio (same engine as Jazz)
5) Hyundai i20 (many owner complaint steering rattling and front suspension issue's)
6) Hyundai i10 (1.2 kappa engine. good power/weight ration)
7) Toyota Liva (practical car with very good rear space)

I would not suggest punto/vista petrol

So my preferences -

1) Maruti Ritz ZXi
2) Honda Brio
3) Hyundai i10
4) Toyota Liva

Thread Starter #7
1) Maruti Ritz ZXi (no zdi varriant)
2) Honda Brio(no diesel )
3) Hyundai i10(own it)
4) Toyota Liva(dealers network)
thanks for reply buddy [cheers]

@JazzSelect: Buddy, shubham needs a diesel car.

Considering that Figo has got some much needed additions (alloy wheel, tilt steering etc.) it is worth considering.

Then there is Ritz with same engine, better space, decent interior and controversial looks. So if you are OK with looks of Ritz, it is a more practical option than Swift.

Then there is the Punto: with the most desirable looks and best ride & handling combo. Niggles & large turning radius are the only negatives. Check out with local dealer about discounts. With good discounts, Punto Emotion could be the most VFM car.

^^ ohh i considered its Swift ZXi [confused] So for diesel preferences are different
You already rejected Punto 90 HP so my prefernces towards
1) Ritz VDi ABS (no airbags)
2) Figo Titanium TDCI ( No power windows)
3) Nissan Micra dci or wait for Renault Pulse (Excellent diesel engine but also check dealer network)
4) i20 CRDI Asta (around 8 lakh and steering rattling issue ).

No Toyota dealer network[surprise]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Hello Shubham,

How about Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCI ?
yes ford fiesta classic is good car but lack of fetures , this time i want a car with steering mounted audio control and automatic climate control . but like you suggestion [cheers]

yes ford fiesta classic is good car but lack of fetures , this time i want a car with steering mounted audio control and automatic climate control . but like you suggestion [cheers]

Then you have to select Punto Emotion Pack variant. Or even go for Punto 90HP. More value for money. You can bargain for more discounts with the dealer for Emotion pack as i got discount of 50k for the base Active variant itself.

Well, Swift is the diesel king, followed by Figo. You can choose between Figo and Punto. Both of them have lots of features and good ride and handling . D punto 90HP is really a great car, which is simply let down by bad A.S.S. .. But since Fiat would start their own independent showrooms and service stations by next year,you don't have to worry about that.

Thread Starter #15
Then you have to select Punto Emotion Pack variant. Or even go for Punto 90HP. More value for money. You can bargain for more discounts with the dealer for Emotion pack as i got discount of 50k for the base Active variant itself.
hey as u said that u also own fiat punto so i like to ask few things from you
1. fuel efficiency
2. offer u avail from dealer ?
3. low turning radius is it so ?
4. build quality ?
5. handling and suspension .
and buddy please i want a honest and impartial wording from u
thanks in advance.[cheers]

Top Bottom