Bergmann Hurricane Car Vacuum Cleaner Review

Re: Bergmann Hurricane Car Vacuum Cleaner - Review

The vaccum can be used wet or dry .I just bought a spare one so that I can keep one exclusively for wet and dry use .Just in case I needed to use it back to back for different purposes .[;)]

Great review I must say. I am confused between Bergmann Hurricane and Tornado. But I am little apprehensive of the suction power, no brush and flexible hose in Tornado.

One doubt - isn't it possible to use the Hurricane cleaner without running car on idle (Since I want to see more FE on my mid by conserving fuel :biggrin:) will it stress the battery?

And what about Tornado? Can we use that on ignition mode without starting the car?

Having the extension tube can be useful to reach the corners under seats but it can reduce the suction very marginally.I would suggest you keep the engine in running as battery drain can occur during prolonged use.Its difficult sometimes to keep track of time elapsed when you are so engrossed in vaccuming the car you won't realise the toll it takes on the battery until its too late. Go for the top end variant if money isnt a constraint .You can always chose to use the tube or not while vacuum cleaning depending on your requirements!

Thread Starter #19

One doubt - isn't it possible to use the Hurricane cleaner without running car on idle (Since I want to see more FE on my mid by conserving fuel :biggrin:) will it stress the battery?

And what about Tornado? Can we use that on ignition mode without starting the car?
I too agree with Driveright on draining the battery faster, especially the Hurricane being a 100W motor. To my surprise the user manual does not mention about running the engine at all.
Either way, I am happy to give up about 0.25 liters of petrol (for 15 minutes of vacuuming) in lieu of the expensive battery [:D].

IMG_20170106_160222.jpg

IMG_20170106_160301.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20

I tested this unit directly from battery without running engine during my wash and vacuum today. In my ~10 minutes of usage, I did not notice any loss in suction power due to running off of battery. Everything appeared just fine. Hope this clarifies our questions.

I tested this unit directly from battery without running engine during my wash and vacuum today. In my ~10 minutes of usage, I did not notice any loss in suction power due to running off of battery. Everything appeared just fine. Hope this clarifies our questions.
This confused more. So what's the end conclusion? For both 60W and 100W?

Thread Starter #24

End conclusion as in using on battery or while idling.
Sorry that conclusion is yet to be arrived, we will see if other experts pitch in. Going forward, I am going to use the vacuum without running the engine. If there is loss in power, only then I will start the engine. My typical usage is around 15 to 20 minutes, that too not continuously.

Last edited:

Sorry that conclusion is yet to be arrived, we will see if other experts pitch in. Going forward, I am going to use the vacuum without running the engine. If there is loss in power, only then I will start the engine. My typical usage is around 15 to 20 minutes, that too not continuously.
Prabhagar, you were right about using on idle. Funny thing is that Bergmann has not mentioned in the manual but on the box it's clearly mentioned that engine running is recommended. Mine being 60W when recommends, then yours being 100W should be a must. We Tiago owners have an advantage here. We can idle on eco mode and use the vaccum cleaner. This will save a lot of fuel. Attaching the pic for your reference. (I am yet to try the cleaner)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
Here is the note printed on Hurricane. They still don't explicitly warn us to not run on battery [:)].
IMG_20170221_080756.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
I have purchased Bergmann Hurricane Hi-Power Car Vacuum Cleaner (Blue) day before yesterday. Today I tested it. What I found is that power switch is not working. It remains in pressed position. When power cord is placed in 12 v socket, vacuum cleaner starts. We can't control ON or Off function by that power switch. Is it the way, it should work? I believe it should not.

Kindly pass on your observation.

Top Bottom