Being a Petrol Head...

On my way to home from school (& vice versa), there is a cement carriers enterprise. They park on the streets for their job (idiots). Yesterday, I was walking back from school, a truck was parked before me. Then this Audi Q5 goes by me. As usual, my head turns and just in time I remember that there was a truck in front of me and by the time I turned my head ahead, my nose was about 1 cm from a hook. Man, I would literally be like [frustration] because :stupid:. Dunno if this belongs here.

Guyz,I find this thread to be Awesome.But 1 thing is for sure.I simply don't understand what you guyz are telling [lol] But as I own a Cycle and Love her,I will say What I hate with people and What I did

1) People with Motor-Vehicles,Who has the Way to Overtake me,But still blows the Horn so hard behind me

My Experience - One Guy with an 06' Alto came in behind and started Honking like Nobody's Business ! What I did was I just Pedalled harder and went Faster,Hit that Sweet Brakes Hard and BOOM BAM BASH !! That Alto's Bumper Broke off with those 2 Loud hella Horns and I just pedalled away with a Bent Rear Mudguard and To my surprise,One of those Horn was stuck with the Rear Mudguard.Just took it home and I didn't know how it works so I took it to my Mech and told him I am selling this and I wanted to check if it's working and He placed 2 wires from his Stash and That thing worked good and Loud,I had an Idea and Sold it to him for Rs.350.

2) Running and Climbing onto the Carrier of Her

My Experience - My Street Friends were at a Ground,Playing Cricket.I and another friend were going to join with them.I hopped into my Cycle and in my way,One Friend Suddenly even without my permission,was running and suddenly Hopped onto the Carrier.I was furious when I lost my Control and almost fell.When I lost My control,He got off which made me even more vulnerable.I lost my patience,Put Side-stand and Beat him up real bad.He had blood allover his Mouth.He asked me 'Athu oru Cycle thaane Daa,Adhuku yen daa Adicha ?' (It's only a Cycle Bro,Why did you beat me ?),I became more Angry but didn't beat him up again.I told him "Yedhuku nee vandhu appidi ellam Yerra ? Kettai naa Yethirupen illa ?' (Why did you hop on like that ? If you'd asked me,I would have took you,No ?) and Poor Kid was My Age and He went off.

3) My Best Friend Started to hate me,Whenever I talk about My Cycle,Matiz,Samurai,Shogun Apache RTR and Now that guy has started to like me because of these !

4) I 'Talk' to my cycle whenever I wash and Clean Her !!

Has anyone had that with your Rides ?

5) I never like anybody touching,Standing with my Cycle as a Support.

My Experience - I've beaten up many friends for that

What she does for Me :

1) Never let me down : No Chain Popping,No Oil Spiil,No Suspension Hanging and No Steering Bend,No Rust,Corrosion,Dents for all these 6 Years she has been with me !

2) Be One Tough Cookie in terms of Handling !

3) A Freaking Awesome Head-turner:The BMW Dadaguru of Cycles !!

4) Never Expect anything from me !

People always comment
"He is such a good singer and why does he have more interest in Automobiles"
"He baths for 5 seconds and clean his cycle for a minimum of 3 hours and another 1 hour looking and talking at it"

My Dad is a supporter for me,He always says "Don't listen to them,What you love will defenitly have a Life and that's Love.Continue son,I am proud of you"

I just never listen to them.I know How My Ride loves me and How I love her.Thank you

Guyz,I find this thread to be Awesome.But 1 thing is for sure.I simply don't understand what you guyz are telling [lol] But as I own a Cycle and Love her,I will say What I hate with people and What I did

1) People with Motor-Vehicles,Who has the Way to Overtake me,But still blows the Horn so hard behind me

My Experience - One Guy with an 06' Alto came in behind and started Honking like Nobody's Business ! What I did was I just Pedalled harder and went Faster,Hit that Sweet Brakes Hard and BOOM BAM BASH !! That Alto's Bumper Broke off with those 2 Loud hella Horns and I just pedalled away with a Bent Rear Mudguard and To my surprise,One of those Horn was stuck with the Rear Mudguard.Just took it home and I didn't know how it works so I took it to my Mech and told him I am selling this and I wanted to check if it's working and He placed 2 wires from his Stash and That thing worked good and Loud,I had an Idea and Sold it to him for Rs.350.

2) Running and Climbing onto the Carrier of Her

My Experience - My Street Friends were at a Ground,Playing Cricket.I and another friend were going to join with them.I hopped into my Cycle and in my way,One Friend Suddenly even without my permission,was running and suddenly Hopped onto the Carrier.I was furious when I lost my Control and almost fell.When I lost My control,He got off which made me even more vulnerable.I lost my patience,Put Side-stand and Beat him up real bad.He had blood allover his Mouth.He asked me 'Athu oru Cycle thaane Daa,Adhuku yen daa Adicha ?' (It's only a Cycle Bro,Why did you beat me ?),I became more Angry but didn't beat him up again.I told him "Yedhuku nee vandhu appidi ellam Yerra ? Kettai naa Yethirupen illa ?' (Why did you hop on like that ? If you'd asked me,I would have took you,No ?) and Poor Kid was My Age and He went off.

3) My Best Friend Started to hate me,Whenever I talk about My Cycle,Matiz,Samurai,Shogun Apache RTR and Now that guy has started to like me because of these !

4) I 'Talk' to my cycle whenever I wash and Clean Her !!

Has anyone had that with your Rides ?

If you mean something like "Oh damn, I've washed all the oil off it! Idiotic cycle." or "Crap, why have got got rust there?", or the most used "OH MAN!!! THE TYRES ARE FLAT AGAIN, THE USELESS PIECE OF CRAP! THIS TIME I MEAN IT, YOU...", then yes I do talk to my cycle. [;)]

I liked what you did to the Alto guy. I don't like it when people honk at me unnecessarily, but maybe he paid a price too high for his mistake. BTW, your cycle has a solid build if this story is true!

Am not here to spoil the party, but I think you should not have beat up your friend. That results in broken friendships for not much IMO. No offence.

Thanks.

If you mean something like "Oh damn, I've washed all the oil off it! Idiotic cycle." or "Crap, why have got got rust there?", or the most used "OH MAN!!! THE TYRES ARE FLAT AGAIN, THE USELESS PIECE OF CRAP! THIS TIME I MEAN IT, YOU...", then yes I do talk to my cycle. [;)]

I liked what you did to the Alto guy. I don't like it when people honk at me unnecessarily, but maybe he paid a price too high for his mistake. BTW, your cycle has a solid build if this story is true!

Am not here to spoil the party, but I think you should not have beat up your friend. That results in broken friendships for not much IMO. No offence.

Thanks.
Bro,You got it all wrong buddy !! I love my Cycle and Not like what you thought Bro.I love her not only because She is very reliable and never had let me down even once On-road,Just because How Comfy she is and How she handles in sharp turns.

She has never Rusted even Inside the Frame,Chain-Set
I buy parts and Fix the cycle if any problem is there
I never gave her to a Mechanic other than Yearly Rebuilding (Full-Dissasembly to Bare Frame and Re-assembling) and 6 Months-General Servicing (Wheel Bend,New Lubes,Polish,Wax.etc)

What I talk is :

In the Morning (First Sight) - 'Yo Babe ! Mornin',Let's Roll Shall we ?'
In the Noon - 'It's Too Damn Hot !! I know,I know I gotta cover you up'
In an Empty Turn - 'You wanna Cookie ? (le-You wanna turn fast ?)'
After a Succesful turn - 'That's My Girl Right there,Whooo !! '
While Buying small Market Items - 'Market ! I know you hate that place gi'l'
While servicing her myself - 'You are One tough cookie,Aaah My Hands !'
When I get a scratch while servicing - 'I know that ain't you,Relax !'
When I go to tution - 'You stay here,I will be right back'
For her 6th Birthday (23rd Sept 2014) - 'You have been with me for the past 6 years,Being my best mate,Being a reliable one too,I don't know what to do because you have been invaluable to me,Happy Birthday Baby !! I am sorry,That's all I can say ! '

Bro,She was Overpriced for what she had on Paper (Just a front Suspension) but had a far better Build quality and Seating Comfort.Moreover I have the Black Edition which only 200 Cycles made.So it's rare to find.She is one heck of a Headturner.Whenever I clean her and drive her on the Streets,Everytime I see many kids with their Eyes stuck on my cycles.The Paint and Sticker quality is Top notch bro.

That guy had it coming.He used to do this to everyone's cycle bro.He later Understood that How I love my Cycle.He is a friend now.

But don't you ever tell anything like that to owners like me who loves their ride very much bro.It hurts,Seriously ! But No probs,I can Understand.

Thank you

Last edited:
@ Bharath: I was joking! I know you love your cycle very much.[clap] And then, I just experienced breaking friendships for nothing much that matters, but your friend seems to be more patient than mine!

Now, back to the topic.

Whenever my friends see my TVS XL Super, they say "Hey! That's Shrid on his Luna!"[frustration].

The same friend: "Hey, you know my WagonR? It has more power than a Verito Diesel! Even the top model! I checked on the Internet. And when put head to head with your Beat, it has a lot more power! You might not know, my car has Power Engine!" Oh yeah! This guy is just not fit to be told about torque, Diesel v/s Petrol, no such thing like a Power Engine (Poor chap invented this term because he heard about power brakes, power steering etc.), models do not make a difference in engine etc. I just said "MSIL makes great cars and their customers are even better!" and took leave.

His brother: "Hey, you heard about the Fond...something Fond...."
Me: "What? You mean Ford."
"N": "No. It's Fond. I cannot remember the model name."
Me: "Trust me, there's nothing like Fond."
N: "Oh no! They even arvertise the car! I will tell you about it."
Me: "*Man, he is impossible* Okay then. Best of luck. But are you DAMN sure that it was not a Ford?"
N:"I am, I am."

Few days pass. Riding side by side as we are, a Duster passes by.

N: "The Fond I was telling you about the other day...it is great! Just like Duster!"
Me:"*Looks like he donated his brain* Ah! You mean the Ecosport?"
N:"YES! The Ecosport!"
Me: "Well, it's a great car, but I have to tell you something...."

An earful follows.

The Fond guy has the least knowledge about cars. You will believe me if you meet him.

Rest are okay, but I am the only one who is interested in cars.

Well, just praising myself :P

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, in my term exam paper, there was a surprise essay in Marathi. The topic was "An accident I witnessed". Just wrote: "I was walking down the street, when a loud noise came behind me. Apparently a truck collided with a car (I was thinking about writing a Fiat Punto but na) and then somebody called the ambulance.... and he had a broken hand and bleeding head. Good thing he was wearing a seat belt or things could have been worse. I got his card and...." Do not so obsessed, do I?

It was boring, I know.[frustration]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well Well, Another hidden treasure at TAI.[clap]

First thing, For a moment I did not understand the intent of the thread. Then read some posts and understood.[lol]. So as petrolhead I make sure those who are my pals/family always ensure that their cars are in mint condition. I cannot take a half-hearted explanation of any SA/ASC in relations to cars. I cannot take the fact that a innocent buyer is cheated in front of me by ASC. I dont drive my cars as much but ensure that my driver never obstructs an ambulance even if it means honking for the car in front to give way. Never over-speed and be calm.

The one and only issue which I have faced till now being a petrolhead is; Atleast 7-8 times my fiance Pallavi has called off our relation. 6 times she had 2nd thoughts about our marriage. 4-5 times she complained my car-addiction to my mom and I got to listen the lecture. And always she sees me as retarded bull! May be for her my passion of cars looks like an obsession!!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom