Being a Petrol Head...

just now I came across this thread,its depicting true experiences about many of us.

Well I face it with my clients and my friends.When it happen with our esteemed clients that they insist on the genuinity of a wrong information which they believe is correct,I provide them valid factfiles for once, supporting the correctness of my words,if they still dont agree,I keep silence and if possible try to change the topic [as I dont like listening to something wrong,related to automobiles] and if still he go on speaking about it,I let him say as he feel good.
When it happens between me and my less aware friends, I tell them 3 times with different examples, if still they dont agree,I keep my mouth shut, as I believe that silence is the biggest protective and defensive weapon which human being have

Well, in case of my would-be better half, she is very liberal and friendly but still sometimes she feel automobiles as her competitor aur us din mujhe vagwan bhi nehi bacha pate hai [;)]

Lack of knowledge

A guy named nikhil from my society,a 90 % scorer in 12th exams,a topper in E&TC Engineering in all years (now in final) thinks his fiesta is a RWD car.[cry]

And when i tell him no its a FWD,he says till date he though all the cars were RWD's [frustration]

well i will stick to my words...youre not going to win any beauty contest after proving yourself. if another guy not ready to agree then better do what AHI does!!

A guy named nikhil from my society,a 90 % scorer in 12th exams,a topper in E&TC Engineering in all years (now in final) thinks his fiesta is a RWD car.

And when i tell him no its a FWD,he says till date he though all the cars were RWD's

All the top scorers are same. They fail miserably in family issues too. Strange , but same everywhere/

A guy named nikhil from my society,a 90 % scorer in 12th exams,a topper in E&TC Engineering in all years (now in final) thinks his fiesta is a RWD car.[cry]

And when i tell him no its a FWD,he says till date he though all the cars were RWD's [frustration]
Thats hilarious. But it happens with all of us and we can do nothing about it.

[lol] I have a very interesting and funny thing said by my friend.

He said to me that the roof rails present on the top of many cars is for aerodynamics purpose and not for tying up the luggage.[lol] I tried correcting him but he was not readu to listen to me and went to even say that the Maruti dealer itself told him its for Aerodynamic purpose. I left him to think he is correct and he still thinks what he is saying is only right!

How is this?

Talk about engineers.
When i was in first year, i gave an design report presentation on Cam-less valve trains for ic engines. The same event had a final year guy presenting ABS. Presentation wise, everybody praised me even final year guys who dint know me, but i lost because i was in first year!!
And the ABS guy won. After the prize distribution, his friend asked him Full form of ABS. He said Anti Braking System!!
Similarly,a quiz in college had asked me The first diesel car from maruti. I said Zen D, they said wrong. Its swift. I could not make them understand it there itself, and we lost to a second place. Feels sad!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Racerdabba!

Ask all your judges to join here, so that we can teach them the basics of automobiles first.

And just noticed a common thing amongst most of us! Whenever we get a chance to upload a picture for our profile be it TAI or any other forums or social networking sites we make it a point to either upload the photo of our car alone , we with our car or the favorite car we like! We make it a point to upload only photos of cars or something related to cars! This is what separates us from the rest!! A true petrolhead indeed!![thumbsup]

Idiotic comments on vehicles from non-automotive friends

All of us must have real life friends most of whom are not interested in cars even though they have them. Let us discuss the light hearted and idiotic comments our friends have said.

I start with some of my friends' and their friend's comments:

1. On seeing a NANO: " This would break if i just punch it". According to him a NANO is as safe as an OMNI.

2. On seeing an Ambassador: "The strongest car in the world, almost death proof."

3. On fuel: "Diesel is only for lorries and petrol is only for the rich. Way to go: Risky domestic LPG cylinder fuel."

4: Comment about an Innova after a trip in a taxi innova: " The fastest car in the world. Even faster than an Ambassador:D."

5. On hearing the price of a civic: " The buyer of the civic is stupid. Why he spends 14L for a car that seats only 4 passengers. A scorpio/innova/safari would be better. Another wild suggestion: I would buy 7 OMNI's. :Shockked:"

6. My relative, looking at my brand new Pulsar: "150cc is too powerful. Are you going racing on a track or something? By the time you put 5 gears, you would have passed your destination." :Frustrating

7. "Tata Nano is like a Pulsar with four wheels" - my colleague. He has no idea about the specifications of either vehicle.

8. "Seat belt is not needed in our country, it is just for show. Only those who returned from abroad and want to show that they returned from abroad, will use seat belts. They will also use words like 'awesome', 'cool' and 'dude'" - my colleague. This resulted in the nodding of many heads and the exasperated shaking of mine.

9. "Only L-board drivers drive with side mirrors unfolded. If the left side mirror is also unfolded, it means he is on LLR and hasnt even got his license yet. Overtake these people." - my colleague who prides himself on being a 'good driver'.

10. "Only L-board people drive WagonR" - colleague. :Shockked:

11. "I drive very safe. I never use fifth gear." - colleague

12. "Disc is always risk" (referring to disc brakes) - friend, advising another to avoid any bike that has a disc brake.

13. "Pulsar 220 sucks. It doesn't even have a carburettor." - same friend as above, trying to influence another friend to buy a Splendor instead.

14. "TVS Jive is the fastest bike off signals, because it doesn't take time to slot gears. By the time other bikers have pressed the clutch and slotted first gear, I am already at the next signal" - a proud TVS Jive owner. I didn't say anything - why spoil his party?

15. But this is the best one I have heard till date: "Diesel cars are anyday better. Whenever you run out of diesel, you can run it on kerosene." - a colleague, looking at a friend's Figo.

Re: Idiotic comments on vehicles from non-automotive friends

If you install navigation your car will be controlled by satellite-sa in maruthi showroom

Top Bottom