Being a Petrol Head...

Nicely written

I have lots of friends who share the same passion as mine and all of you guys.

More we know more technical we sound and there are chances that the others who don't know much about these things will start talking something against the whole topic.

I can share thousands of stories

Mazda Rx-8 ,it has a rotary engine .
Now one dumb guy said he wants to buy that car its so powerful. I said yeah the if you compare the power to weight ratio, that car has more potential then a V8 holden or a ford.

the guy said to me " What do you mean by that, that car is a also a V8!"

I just left the conversation saying goodluck man :)

RX8 doesn't mean its a v8 car its a 1.3 litre twin cylinder rotary technology in that engine

haha well thats one of my stories. Will love to read more ;)

Mazda Rx-8 ,it has a rotary engine .
Now one dumb guy said he wants to buy that car its so powerful. I said yeah the if you compare the power to weight ratio, that car has more potential then a V8 holden or a ford.

the guy said to me " What do you mean by that, that car is a also a V8!"

I just left the conversation saying goodluck man :)

RX8 doesn't mean its a v8 car its a 1.3 litre twin cylinder rotary technology in that engine
I hear once past 20000km most of these engines had some issues,you heard or faced any? Love how they did the doors on that car.

Vipul , you are 100% correct.

i hate people eating inside the car. Just drinking water is allowed.

People find me kind of different , that i keep noting every other cars passing me and sometimes spell their names[in highways] , like what i did in 1 or 2 yrs old.

Explaining the special feature of the car that passes to half asleep people on car.

Feel disturbed when the car is sick. I cant withstand that.

ilango[speed thirst];116497 said:
Explaining the special feature of the car that passes to half asleep people on car.
Hahaha..[lol]
Same here too,even my friends too abuse me most of the time because when they are talking of a hot girl they saw I suddenly intrude saying "Oye,have a look at this thing,this car has this this this and this"..
And they give me a very dirty look..

I also hate eating inside the car. A strict No for me. Also the second point regarding service station mentioned by Tsivipul applies to me.

Any Merc or BMW are simply meant to be chased and noticed for me and Bentley story is different(who else except me is going to follow a Bentley Continental Flying Spur for about 30 kms off the route?).

Friends,here are some of my common observations(SEE HOW THE CAR IS BETTER THAN THE GF/FIANCEE):

1)Your girlfriend/wife sulks when you care your car more than her.

2)She is disturbed because as much time you are giving to your car as well forums,it takes a lot of time from her part.Once my GF got angry only because I was doubtful that my car has some problem and I was not ready to drive her for 20 kms for her.

3)She sulks because you may suddenly get the movie plan cancelled only because your car's service date has arrived and service center has informed you that your turn has came.I have done this a lot of times,in fact once cancelled the plan only because the car got a dent on the way and I took the U turn and went to the service station to leave the car as I was free that day.

4)She is angry because on sundays you don't help her instead you simply get out with a cloth and bucket in your hand and massage your car for hours.

5)She is angry because you are afraid of handing over the keys of your car to her brother because you love your car,hence she feels second to your car. MINE ONCE GOT EXTREMELY ANGRY AS I DIDN'T GAVE THE CAR TO HER BROTHER FOR HIS COLLEGE FAREWELL PARTY.

AND MANY MORE...

Now how my car is far better than her?Reasons are as follows:-

1)My car never expects me to do any favour to her,how much ailing she may be.

2)She never gave me any orders but innocently follows my directions.

3)You can make all of your friends with you ride her at the same time but she never objects whatever you do to her as well as inside her...:tongue:Once try this with your GF and then see what happens.

4)Your car can get you a girlfriend,but a girlfriend can never get you a car.I am not talking about the arranged marriages with the GF.

5)If she malfunctions,you leave her alone on highways,but she never does it,once try the same with your fiancee and see.

6)She never expects you to waste your time on her,in fact she silently sits in the parking lots and wait for you for months.Once do the same to your wife/gf and see,she will be having some other owner.

7)YOUR CAR IS CHEAPER TO MAINTAIN THAN YOUR FIANCEE..damn true.

ANY DOUBTS???:biggrin:

Last edited:
Some more points:-

1)When you are asked to speak up about your fiancee then you soon fall out of words,but when asked to do the same for your car,you can speak for hours and are happy in doing so.

2)You ask your wife not to spend money on that expensive saree or an expensive piece of cosmetics,but suddenly you come to know about new HIDs in market and get them installed in your car for a price three-four times of a good saree or cosmetics or you don't get the gift for your GF saying that you are out of cash now and in the evening you tell her that you got bulbs costing 10000 bucks for your car(HIDs),this was also happened with me.and GF asked "Now you are really out of cash..why don't you marry that bloody tin box?"

I hear once past 20000km most of these engines had some issues,you heard or faced any? Love how they did the doors on that car.
My friend wrecked the engine of his Red 2005 RX8 in a month

and Parts are expensive.
I drove one, the power band on those engines are in high rev zone thats over 6500 RPM . Imagine a car with high rev range , how does it feel when you drive?
Ya fast but it sooner or later eats up the engine.

Well,tomorrow is my semester exam and this came to me today...

So,WHO WANTS TO PASS NOW..The hell with semesters,they come every six months but one issue of ACI comes only once...so NO SEMESTER EXAMS..ITS JUST ACI..

Attachments

Re: Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

I went to meet a friend a few days ago,he was joined by some very talkative friends of his.
My friend was looking at buying a used car & having it modded so i was giving him some tips & suggested used car prices.

And so the conversation migrated to the Honda Accord & one guy at the table starts talking that his friend got one & its 33 lakhs & not 24 lakhs new ,
i was at this point telling him there are many variants & maybe it is the V6 model his friend has bought.
He kinda started fuming as he was proven wrong & he started again talking about his friend who has the Honda Accord & he is a big car freak & expert.
It was clear that this guy was annoyed about my good knowledge of cars & wanted to top me in some way & he seemed to think a big deal about his friends Accord.

Now for the shocker which he said in such confidence over and over again without even letting me talk for a sec[roll]

He said his friend got the V6 but Honda offers an option of adding in an extra engine & making it V12 & his friend keeps mentioning with regret that he should have chosen the option [shock]
Since the guy went on about this for a good 2 minutes & did not let me even talk(he was pretty loud),what i really wanted to tell was he says it as if Asking your maid(Honda) to add more sugar(V6 engine) to your coffee(Accord V6)[frustration]

Deciding to let him stay a fool i kept quiet but more such stories(not car related) kept creeping up & i was starting to boil at the stupidity of this person dressed in formals,i silently pretended to get a phone call & walked away from the table without even saying goodbye as the gullible people listening to his stories was making it even more unbearable for me!

Re: Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

He said his friend got the V6 but Honda offers an option of adding in an extra engine & making it V12 & his friend keeps mentioning with regret that he should have chosen the option
Prads - If he is in Bangalore, why not let's get him for our next TAI or any other casual meet? [clap]

Re: Silly Comments

Prads - If he is in Bangalore, why not let's get him for our next TAI or any other casual meet? [clap]
Ha ha ya that would probably provoke us to beat him up, my friend later called me asking why i left without saying anything,i explained i was irritated,he laughed & told me the guy told him to pick up a Nissan Sunny & modify it lol.

My friend is not calling me to meet if that guy is around anymore,i have forgotten that chaps name but he shall be forever known as Accord V12 :)
But if i do meet him i want to tell him that my friend got a Tata Nano with optional V8 engine, ha ha!

"Walk home.Will be better for both you and my car"-What passenger habits do you hate?

E.g. You are driving.There is a long vehicle ahead of you,going slow like hell.But you cannot overtake it,not yet.You get the first and last opportunity,downshift,about to floor it,and your 6-Year-old nephew who was sleeping till now, wakes up due to something,and says "I want a pig,WAAAAAA!" You panic and abort the maneuver. You ask "What?"He "That dog Wadaphone or something use in their ad,sob-sob ".You reply "Pug? I'll tell your dad to get you one.". You freak out,but stay calm,and for the rest of the trip,behind the long vehicle,doing snail speeds,as your nephew dances on the seat,saying "we're going so slow",while fiddling with the climate control knobs and stereo with full volume,acting like a DJ.

Okay,so he was a little too young to blame,but what do you hat that your passengers to in/to your car?
My list:
1. Talking about how their cars are the best.What the,I'm giving you a lift and MY car is the best car you can be in,right now.
2. Eating in the car.NO.You should collect some exact change to take that S.T. bus.
3.Owning a Chevy Beat,I have to open the rear doors,since the guys just can't locate the door handle.
4.Leaving the door ajar. The sound gives it all away,does it not?
5.Opposite to point 4,they slam the door shut.What the..? It makes a deafening sound.
Addition:
6.Mistaking my beige car for a black:My mother's friend was calling another friend for lift,not mentioning my car's no. and she kept searching my car for 15 mins,after she came and scolded the earlier lift.She probably was used to exposed metal,and my car's jet black interiors made her think my car was black [lol] [frustration]

What is your list?

Thanks!

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: "Walk home.Will be better for both you and my car"-What passenger habits do you h

Some habits I hate-

1)When near the Gate, People pop open the door and jump out even before the car is properly parked/ Stopped.

2) Wife pestering something when i am concentrating on Peak traffic/Tricky siutatuon and then suddenly asking "Are you getting what I said??"

3)People messing Audio settings like EQ, Bass Which I'm keen about

4) Singing the songs loudly with Stereo... Oh my!! That voice.

5) keeping the Volume too high even after I turn it down. Same with Ac speeds

6) Eating and littering in car

7) Messing with buttons or any controls

8) bringing on Dirty boots/ Feet (esp in monsoon)

9) Crying/Pesky kids.

10) Vomiting in or outside the car!!! AHHHHHH MYHYYY!

11) Farting the perfume

12) people giving "suggestions" like Overtake! "you're too fast!" Stop! etc...

Top Bottom