Being a Petrol Head...

@ Searchingheaven Some of the above comments are really funny! And i hope all of us here atleast have one friend like that!

Automobile Enthusiasm and its Symptoms!!

Today I went to the Skoda dealership here in Meerut to have a look at the Skoda Rapid,the guy who wanted to buy the car was with me and instead of the sales guy I was explaining him what the car was.
Result:
The sales executive kept mum until I spoke and just nodded his head till I spoke.At last said the guy(the friend)"Yaar why don't you become a salesman of cars,you explain them very well and really can sell many of them by satisfying the customers".On hearing these words of him I was like [frustration].
Actually,afterwards I thought that there are a lot of people out there who really does never understand what we people want to say?Why we do so?and why do we love our cars?
For them the cars are nothing more than a set of four wheels which is just an A to B transportation mode for them or a status symbol for them,nothing else.

Well,returning back to the point.I was talking..hmmmmm[thinking].Yes,I remember,actually we all are suffering from a small disease(our favorite disease)called AUTOMOBILE ENTHUSIASM.How can we define this disease is as follows:-

Automobile Enthusiasm:

Automobile Enthusiasm can be defined as a situation or disorder in which anything which consists of wheels tends to attract the attention of a person more than anything else.While the other signs of this sweet disease are sudden excitement,increasing of heart beat and some acts of the love towards a thing being done by the person.

Well,when people see an automobile enthusiast,they simply declare them partial mad without thinking even once and throw comments like:-
"Woh nahi sunega,usse gaadi mein rehne do(He won't hear,leave him in the car only)".
"Car se shaadi kar lena(Marry the car only)".
"Gussa kyun hota hai,gaadi hi toh hai?(Why to get angry,its a car only?)".
etc etc etc..

Well,after all and everything,here are some of the symptoms of the automobile enthusiasm(Check and correct me for any wrong point):-

1):Its you and only you who wants to drive the car most of the time and when someone else drives,you simply get uncomfy and find hundreds of points to complain about.

2):You daily wash your car and if someone asks you,why do you wash the car daily then you get annoyed.

3):Your wife gets frustrated on Sundays because you are busy with your car for hours,the time when she wanted you to help her re-arrange the house.

4):Your friends complain because you want to park your car at a place you can see her or are assured that the car will be safe,instead of the place they are comfortable with.

5):You really talk to your car,you listen her when she replies.Like if my car hits a pot hole,then I ask her sorry,while the passengers give me a dirty view.But I feel that my car pampers me after that.

6):In a traffic jam,many of the fellow road users curse you only because you are not ready to squeeze your car in a tight spot which is just 3-4 inches wider than your car.

7):Your girlfriend gets angry only because you simply park the car in the parking and then ask her to go shopping on feet instead of the car.(this happens to me nearly every 5th day)

8):The petrol pump guys hate you because you take some extra time checking that you are getting correct amount of the fuel and also you come out of the car and them make them fill.(I do it regularly)

9):Your girlfriend hates you when you ask her not to eat ice cream or drink coffee/cold-drink in the moving car.And says "Is the car more pricier than me"?And you have to give a false reply that "Dear,you are priceless,the car can be bought,but you can't".

10):Your driver many times hate you because you want him to drive your way,instead of his own.Also you want him to be calm for the car as well as follow the rules strictly.

11):Your wife/GF hates you because you daily spend hours in front of the black screen reading and writing some terms that they can't even understand.In fact you laugh at some jokes that they even don't know what is being talked about.

12):At last,the biggest symptom,"You have read this entire post and are thinking if this happens with you too and then silently click on the reply box with a slight smile on your face".[drive]

AWAITING YOUR VIEWS AND EXPERIENCES FRIENDS...

Last edited:
Re: Automobile Enthusiasm and its Symptoms!!

Dude excellent post!![clap] Well all the points are damm true and one more thing I don't have a GF neither I am married but those points goes well for my other family members, relatives and friends.:biggrin:

let me continue few more points;

13) You feel very uncomfortable loading/squeezing extra passengers on board. (I feel so!)

14) You cover your car daily; if it is parked on a busy street. And if you are back home for some tine and you know you want to go again after 1hr or so, you still cover it. (I do so!)

15) You don't let others touching or standing taking support of your car in front of your eyes. (I feel very bad!)

Last edited:

@Gears:
Even i too feel very bad for the point number 15,but still I bear it to an extent.
Rest some more points:

16):You are annoyed seeing anyone driving like the person owns the road,while your friends are annoyed seeing you getting annoyed for no reason.

Let me add some more, when exploring new places and you stop for a photo shoot with car, all the members are angry, just because you are clicking car's photos.

And when on a long drive, you never get a good sleep, thinking of the next days trip.

It happens with me, but don't know with others.

2):You daily wash your car and if someone asks you,why do you wash the car daily then you get annoyed.

I clean my own cars even when there are many early morning car cleaners in our neighborhood & get asked every month by some cleaner or the other,I dont let my workers clean the cars also,my response to them is I paid lakhs for them,I drive them whats wrong if I clean them myself
, but I clean the car every two days once or depending on usage as its not good if you just wash it everyday.

Last edited:

Let me add some more, when exploring new places and you stop for a photo shoot with car, all the members are angry, just because you are clicking car's photos.

And when on a long drive, you never get a good sleep, thinking of the next days trip.

It happens with me, but don't know with others.
Well,all the above mentioned happens to me too.

Okay so some more points:-
  • Friends always get annoyed after the trip that in the camera there are more photos of the car not their.

• The GF is always annoyed to see that in front of her friends also you take care that your car must be okay and safe,the GF may go to the hell..[;)]

• Your service center guys hate you because you always inspect your car a bit too deep while taking the delivery and always find a single or two mistakes of them(This happens to me,what about you guys?)..

While on a trip to Nainital,my friends were annoyed because they were talking of beers,girls etc etc and I was trying to discuss the route to take back home.

Last edited:

Nice thread [:)] more points
  • Whenever you see any super car you rush at it - if you are driving and you change the root and follow that car.
  • While driving inspect each and every car coming from any side and keep on checking mods or new models and keep talking abut that with co-passenger.
  • Eyes always checking and hoping to see a Test car [;)]
  • If you see a Modified Jeep, Lancer etc you just keep watching it with you jaw wide open.
  • You never miss any auto show, expo in your (other) city.
  • Your wife hats you as you watch Top-gear every night at 11PM and all other auto shows, F1 , moto races and she keep complaining way you see repeat telecast also?
  • Even-if you don't want to buy car you visit any car showroom (or simply try to find a car who want to buy a car and go with him for TD) [:)]
  • You are subscriber of autocar, overdrive, Top-gear etc and in cross word you first pick these mags.

It becomes from early morning to noon, but you are 'STILL NOT DONE' with washing your car!![:D]
Hot chick in a hot car, and you keep going ga-ga over the car[;)]
Eyes on others wheels to check for alloys!!
Give your gyaan to sales/service rep so that at the end of the conversation he feels like being a big fool!
Possible symptoms of being an auto enthusiast..

I also hate the people who directly touch setting of my car audio. at ramdon they will move the setting saying that Bass is less so I increased. I hate these people....

Points from my side:

1. It always annoys if some one comments about way you drive. '
2. Check the tyres daily about wear and tear
3. Daily check if any new rattles and giggles come out of the car by keenly listening.

Well some more points to mention:-
  • You hear some noises from your car which others never listen.

• You are disturbed if you hand over your car to service station guys because you are quite doubtful if your car is safe.(This happens to me)

• If you read the mags then your collection looks something like this(Half of them are either lost or donated,else I had 61 once):-
And your room's walls too have the posters like these..

Attachments

Top Bottom