Behind The Scenes – TAI’s Official Reviews

Akash1886

Honoured Member
This thread is a perfect example of how your passion for automobiles in general and cars in specific takes you to extremes. I agree with Vibhor's point of view that many a times there is sheer time bound deadlines. I too have faced it lot of times. Driving different types of cars is a pleasure indeed but to remember every minute detail after you have driven them and are about to pen it down is a different task altogether. Whenever I write a review I have taken this habit from Vibhor to first type it as a Word File and edit it as per need after that I post and even in that I sometimes make spelling mistakes:biggrin: but if the post is in editable time limit, I make sure to correct it. Writing a review of cars is indeed a hell of a job. The TD coordinators of various showrooms don't understand why I am clicking the 80-100 pics for a car's review. I have to show them our website and then they know to some extent as to what I am doing and why I am doing. I have till now written only TD reviews and mind you, even that is not an easy job. I'll share some experiences here specifically for 3 TD reviews which I did:

1) Maruti Suzuki Baleno

20151029_114430.jpg

When the news of Baleno's launch came and the launch date was decided, I visited my uncle's NEXA outlet and got my self registered for a TD/pre-launch preview over there. Luckily, I got to see this car in detail a good 24 hours prior to launch at NEXA which helped me in understanding this car and publish my observations even before it launched. Now, the next big thing was to drive it. Mind You, Baleno's TD review was a big trouble due to mad rush for Test Drives. You'll not believe, the day when I decided to do TD, I reached the Nexa Outlet 30 minutes prior to it's opening and can you believe inspite of that I was 4th one to be given the TD.[lol] But I made sure to cover the maximum aspects of both Diesel and Petrol Baleno once again. Till the time it was about clicking pics and making videos it was fine but the moment I started to write the review, I was in a totally different frame of mind and concentrated on mentioning every aspect. Honestly, I never concentrated this much for my Class 10th Maths Exam as much as I concentrated for this review. Finally, I am happy that the review turned out well and helpful. It took me 14 hours to write a Test Drive Review.

New Audi Q7
20160102_121557.jpg

This giant of an SUV was driven by me yesterday morning. Ever since it was launched I made it a point to experience it's drive. But destiny had other plans and the ban on above 2000cc diesel cars came into play so the drive got delayed. Finally, yesterday, against all odd and evens I set my sail towards Audi Delhi and got to drive it. Now, this was the 2nd time I was covering the new Q7 so it was far easier for me to relate to this SUV. Let me tell you all, It becomes quite easy to review a niche car if you get to experience it soon after the launch or just in a day or 2 after the launch because the TD vehicles often arrive late at the dealers and the media car availability is a big issue too. So, one has to be self-motivated to capture the 1st given opportunity of covering a new launched car.

Mercedes Benz GLE

20151115_105919.jpg

This one was a rather easy one as the car was sent to my home by the Noida Dealer for the Test Drive but it was indeed a race against time. I had been given this car for 1 hour and in that I had to cover the maximum possible details of it. So, I took it for the drive as my drive was already delayed by a good duration because of non-availability of the TD Car at the Noida Dealer. I approached the Delhi Dealer and was offered the GLE 350D for TD based on availability. The day I reached, I was told the 350D was on way for a TD and would come back after an hour or so. So, had to co-ordinate with the Noida Dealer and finally the drive happened. Please keep in mind, one has to co-ordinate with the dealer/brand a lot for providing the TD/Media car. Slot booking is a major thing in getting the media car until of-course you are at the media drive of the brand.

The reviews may look beautiful and well written but honestly it takes a great effort to be precise, to proof read, align the text, remember the details and control of language has to be there. It is indeed not a child's play I tell you to write a automotive review!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Finally, yesterday, against all odd and evens I set my sail towards Audi Delhi and got to drive it.
Regards

Akash
Is that a pun :suspect:

The reviews may look beautiful and well written but honestly it takes a great effort to be precise, to proof read, align the text, remember the details and control of language has to be there. It is indeed not a child's play I tell you to write a automotive review!
Indeed!

Please do keep up the good work, Mr. Akash! And wish you a happy new year [:)]

Top Bottom