Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th Jun 2012!

@ GM88, Only major change I noticed is engine has opened up a bit now. I mean the car is quicker in reaching speeds of 140s from 90s or 100s. A gentle press of throttlle is enough. Earlier used to feel it was strained a bit. Nothing apart from this. If anything have to wait for 2nd free service, which is at 15k kms and notice the change after car gets new engine oil & all other fluids replaced.

This is the avg fuel economy I have noticed:

> City drive: @ 14-16 kmpl
> Highway drive in sedate mode (90-100 kmph): @19-21 kmpl with AC
> Highway drive in beast mode (120 kmph + ): @ 16-17 kmpl with AC
> Once I managed to achieve @24.5 kmpl for a short highway drive of about 60kms. But its not realistic to achieve all the time! Else would be wasting a car like Punto on highways [lol]

Yes, your observation about Punto's high speed dynamics is right. Its pretty stable even at 150-160 kmph speeds but considering the safety element, wont push her often to such speeds. Have set a speed limit buzzer at 120 kmph to keep a check on my speed [angel]
Those are some great FE figures there. My cousin who has the Punto drives very rash and revvs his car way too hard. Even after that he manages to get a mileage of 15-16kmpl with a mix of highway and city drive. After the second service the engine should really open up.

I just have one problem when i drive the Punto, clutch travel is a little longer than my liking and its placed a little more upright than maybe Polo and i have a habit of resting my left foot lightly on the clutch pedal most of the times(I know one should not do that, but can't help it). But i guess when you start driving it regularly,one gets used to that.
How is the original ICE performance?Have you changed the speakers or anything?

Congrats Carfreak for your 10k milestone coupled with your wedding anniversary !!

Good going with your RED hotty and expect it will give you more and more smiles ahead[clap]

I will see your Punto for sure in my next trip to Bangalore

Thread Starter #78
I just have one problem when i drive the Punto, clutch travel is a little longer than my liking and its placed a little more upright than maybe Polo and i have a habit of resting my left foot lightly on the clutch pedal most of the times(I know one should not do that, but can't help it). But i guess when you start driving it regularly,one gets used to that.
How is the original ICE performance?Have you changed the speakers or anything?
Yes, clutch travels longer in Punto. Initial impression for me also was like - Why on earth this clutch travels so much! But as you told, its just matter of getting used to it. While driving Alto, even I used to have similar habit like yours - resting left foot lightly on clutch. But now with Punto, have done away with this habit. Its not good for clutch life. Well, Punto's clutch play forced me to do away this habit [lol]Now my left foot is either on the dead pedal or on the floor. One thing I have noticed is that Punto's clutch is butter smooth to operate.

Have to admit that Punto has one of the worst OEM speakers. For sure an upgrade is needed. But as of now staying away from replacing them as my family doesnt have any complaint. As it is, my wifey says that Punto gets more attention than her [;)]

Congrats Carfreak for your 10k milestone coupled with your wedding anniversary !!

Good going with your RED hotty and expect it will give you more and more smiles ahead

I will see your Punto for sure in my next trip to Bangalore
Thanks a lot for your kind wishes. For sure, we will catch up next time. Still regret for missing out last time when you were here [frustration]

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes. For sure, we will catch up next time. Still regret for missing out last time when you were here [frustration]
Don't worry buddy, we may meet very soon as I am offloading lot of my work at Rajaji nagar in few days, so it may require my quick visit for the discussion/monitoring[:)]

Hey carfreak, COngratz for completing 10K. I know it is great feeling when we see 10K on our ODO. But the difference would not be much that you could notice. There is bit of difference after second service though. But not huge or noticeable.

I wish you lotz of happy miles ahead.

P.S. I have just completed 27k yesterday. [;)]

Thread Starter #82
Don't worry buddy, we may meet very soon as I am offloading lot of my work at Rajaji nagar in few days, so it may require my quick visit for the discussion/monitoring
This is great! [clap]

Hey carfreak, COngratz for completing 10K. I know it is great feeling when we see 10K on our ODO. But the difference would not be much that you could notice. There is bit of difference after second service though. But not huge or noticeable.

I wish you lotz of happy miles ahead.

P.S. I have just completed 27k yesterday. [;)]
Thanks for the wishes!

PS: Man, am jealous! You are spending superb amount of your time with your beauty [:D]

Hmm,

One completes 10000km and other complete 27000km and celebrate themselves [cry] none of them call a friend from Hyderabad to gesture a party[lol]

Hmm,

One completes 10000km and other complete 27000km and celebrate themselves [cry] none of them call a friend from Hyderabad to gesture a party[lol]
Sir if I celebrate My Punto's every 1000 KM with party, then soon there will be two things happening.

1. I will be left with no money, as party will be twice a month.
  2. Second My wife and parents will kick me out of house. [lol]

Sir if I celebrate My Punto's every 1000 KM with party, then soon there will be two things happening.

1. I will be left with no money, as party will be twice a month.
  2. Second My wife and parents will kick me out of house. [lol]
No no Dharmesh, I will never allow that to happen, so it is better to celebrate every 2000km, you will be left with some money for me and less kicks save you too[lol]

Thread Starter #89
Time for couple of updates -

a) Successfully paired my Lumia 620 with Punto's Blue & Me and noticed a change in Blue & Me behaviour. Now when I receive a text message, there is a notification on MID [clap] In my earlier Symbian phone (E5), Blue & Me used to notify only new incoming calls. Since Blue & me is also a Windows product, may be its showing special attraction towards Lumia [;)]

b) Achieved this special number on the ODO while driving to office today morning [:D] Btw, so far every KM driven with Red hotty has been special !!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom