Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th Jun 2012!

How about MRF tyres to FIAT Linea. Planning to fit my Linea with MRF in the next tyre change time.
I am using MRF for all my vehicles, Am not sure how it works for the latest type cars.

Thread Starter #62
@ Ambylovers, have heard very good reviews about MRF Zlo. Many opine that its a true value for money tyre. Btw, stock tyres - Goodyear GT 3 arent bad either!

Thread Starter #63
Thanks to an autorick & a Activa, my Punto ended up with a scratch and damaged reverse light.

How it happened? - My wife was driving and we were approaching a round about in moderate speed. From no where an auto guy lands right in front of us from the wrong side. He choose the wrong side of the road just to avoid the round about. So my wife had to slam the brakes to avoid a head on collision and as usual a 2 wheeler was tailgating our car so close that he dint brake in time and rammed the rear bumper!! [frustration]

Result:
a) A scratch on the rear bumper
b) Misaligned reverse light, hence reverse light is not working. But am not getting a bulb failure indicator on MID. Does it show only when a bulb is blown?
c) Broken rear reflector
d) Most important - A dent to my wife's confidence to drive in this mad city traffic. Just when she was getting comfortable driving Punto in the city, this incident had to happen

Adding to the frustration, a traffic cop was standing by the roadside and was witnessing the whole incident just like a statue! Right in front of him, the auto guy merrily entered the road in wrong lane and managed to continue his ride.

The only saviour was Fiat's build quality! Initially considering the impact sound, I thought would suffer a major dent. But ended up with a scratch. Here is the pic

Attachments

Last edited:
@Carfreak

Thank God, that was a small one buddy !! and Yes Punto's body is really strong man !!

There is nothing your wife could do in that situation man !! so no doubts on her driving as you know there was a similar thing happened with Dharmesh Punto in Mumbai some time back, but here if you want to blame then blame the ABS which halts car so sudden[lol].

Thread Starter #65
There is nothing your wife could do in that situation man !! so no doubts on her driving as you know there was a similar thing happened with Dharmesh Punto in Mumbai some time back, but here if you want to blame then blame the ABS which halts car so sudden[lol].
Very true! Thanks to effective breaking, car came to stand still in no time. Else would have had a head on collision with the rickshaw!

To save few seconds, these people have the courage to enter the wrong side and risk their life! God save them!

PS: Friends, please wear seat belts every time you are in the car. Both of us were wearing seat belts at the time of emergency braking. So it helped us to stick to our seats and not get thrown around. Dont ever under-estimate the safety of seat belts

Last edited:
CF, congratulations on your italian beauty,looks smashing hot in this shade.Another friend owns the same shade and he did some amazing mods on exteriors to make it look punto sports,with black gloss roof,stickers job minimum but classy and 3M polishing.

Feeling very sorry to read this. Just happens that no mistake of ours, these things happens. My Punto is now having 15-20 smaller scratches over the entire body. Some due to people in brushing their motor cycles in my society and some on roads. Cannot help it. [anger]. But happy to see you had you seat belts on, else result might have been more fatal.

Thread Starter #68
CF, congratulations on your italian beauty,looks smashing hot in this shade
Thanks Vijay! Initially I was inclined towards Bosa Nova White shade but thanks to my wifey that I ended up with Exotica Red. Now loving it [;)]

Feeling very sorry to read this. Just happens that no mistake of ours, these things happens. My Punto is now having 15-20 smaller scratches over the entire body. Some due to people in brushing their motor cycles in my society and some on roads. Cannot help it. But happy to see you had you seat belts on, else result might have been more fatal.
Yeah Dharmesh, seat belts really saved the day. Its really difficult to keep ones car free from scratches and dents in our country. Sad! [evil]

Thread Starter #71
^^ Thanks. Before buying a diesel car, was wondering whether I will be able to do justice. But with Punto to drive, the story turned out to be a different one [lol] And in coming days, miles crunching will have a increasing graph for sure !

Last edited:
Wow your Punto looks absolutely stunning. Though a little late on your thread but still its better late than never. Heartiest congratulations on covering 10k kms in your red beauty. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Would love to see more pics of your italian beauty. Cheers and Drive safe

I also completed 10k kms just 10-12 days back in my Polo TDI. Here is the thread.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nt-my-candy-white-volkswagen-polo-tdi-21.html

Hehe thanks a lot carfreak. So how does your car drive after 10k kms?Any noticeable changes? And the very famous question - "Kitna deti hai?". What's the fuel efficiency that you are getting?

I have driven my cousin's Punto diesel extensively. I just love the tank like built of this car. And its super stable on highways even on speeds touching 130kmph.

Thread Starter #75
@ GM88, Only major change I noticed is engine has opened up a bit now. I mean the car is quicker in reaching speeds of 140s from 90s or 100s. A gentle press of throttlle is enough. Earlier used to feel it was strained a bit. Nothing apart from this. If anything have to wait for 2nd free service, which is at 15k kms and notice the change after car gets new engine oil & all other fluids replaced.

This is the avg fuel economy I have noticed:

> City drive: @ 14-16 kmpl
> Highway drive in sedate mode (90-100 kmph): @19-21 kmpl with AC
> Highway drive in beast mode (120 kmph + ): @ 16-17 kmpl with AC
> Once I managed to achieve @24.5 kmpl for a short highway drive of about 60kms. But its not realistic to achieve all the time! Else would be wasting a car like Punto on highways [lol]

Yes, your observation about Punto's high speed dynamics is right. Its pretty stable even at 150-160 kmph speeds but considering the safety element, wont push her often to such speeds. Have set a speed limit buzzer at 120 kmph to keep a check on my speed [angel]

Top Bottom