Beast from the East: My Landcruiser Prado

hey frankenstin please explain why does it need to change the disc brakes after 20000 kms ???i mean does it need to replace the whole assembly or just the callipers??

Thread Starter #33
Mukesh what i quoted is by driving sedately . It comes with 17inch tires ,bridgestone .

Right now i am using Dunlop Grandtrek which is somewhere around 15k each.

Vishal its just the Rotors ,well in a heavy ,powerful automatic ,all the stopping is done by the brakes unlike in manuals where the gears act as some resistance.If you see even in honda city automatic,brake pads and discs need to be replaced much much sooner than its manual counterpart.

VW touareg v10TDi s tires last hardly 10 to 15k ,now what do you guys say for that?

Man , looks like these premium SUV'S need heavy maintenance!

So Franky does that mean an AT is costlier in maintenance overall than MT? I though only the spares must be costly for AT but now i see even the normal wear and tear maintenance is more.

Congratulations for becoming the owner of such a lovely vehicle.

well in a heavy ,powerful automatic ,all the stopping is done by the brakes unlike in manuals where the gears act as some resistance.If you see even in honda city automatic,brake pads and discs need to be replaced much much sooner than its manual counterpart.
I have Land Cruiser Prado, and running 35000+ kms. Not changed anything such as break pad etc. I feel, the person driving behind may get confused due to frequent break light. By default the right leg must be on the break, and whenever needed the accelerator need to be pressed. This is the way to deal with automatic vehicles. Automatic type vehicles are designed such a way that the wearing is minimal compared to manual.

Top Bottom