Beast from the East: My Landcruiser Prado

great SUV buddy. the only put off was its petrol engine till now (i am a diesel fan). but now, when they introduced the diesel, they had this ugly facelift!

personally, i feel a fortuner looks much better than the prado, but the capabilities of the prado is something which the fortuner can only dream of.

when i was in dubai, my relatives had the prado, pajero & CRV. it was the prado i enjoyed the most, despite its petrol mill!

Here are the Pictures.
Nice ride sandeep.
I guess your's have disc brakes both in Front & Rear as well.
Happy & Safe Motoring.
-----------Next Post-----------
The face lift is just a move by toyota to attaract more buyers and it does not gel with the tuff prado image. My vehicle has done 90000km till date.
Wow 90,000 kms & still has its fresh image, Any niggles you faced till now?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Raj i took a test drive of the diesel prado with the toyota D4D engine,it cant match the smoothness and power of the petrol v6 ,Why dont you like the petrol mill,it can have the diesel prado for breakfast.
Fortuner looks good on paper,but in reality both next to each other prado is got the edge.I will post a pic of both the vehicles ,i have a fortuner too.
Mukesh it has discs on all 4 wheels.

This is a daily drive and does about 100km daily.

It costed 40+lakh onroad i dont remember the exact price.

It has a 4000cc v6 petrol engine belting 235bhp and 35kgm torque.

Electric front seats/heating too,abs ,automatic transmission ,adjustable suspension for height and softness etc, a proper luxury vehicle .

More about the 4wd and costs of service to come.

Attachments

AMG

Suspended
Looks great in stock condition.
And the house looks great too. :stupid:

How is the transmission?
I mean is it sluggish?
How many speed Gearbox?

Nice pics Sandeep. How many airbags does the Prado have? And have you done any mods on it or got some after-market fitments?
IMO comparing the Fortuner with the Prado is like comparing a Palio to the Linea. These are of 2 different segments.

Raj i took a test drive of the diesel prado with the toyota D4D engine,it cant match the smoothness and power of the petrol v6 ,
toyota's D-4D engine is not a great engine anyways. apart from reliability, it has nothing great to show. its a noisy & jerky engine, apt only for the toyota hilux.

you cannot compare that to the petrol V6 in any ways!!!

Why dont you like the petrol mill,it can have the diesel prado for breakfast.
i know, but as i said, i am a diesel fan, i dont like petrols much, so! especially i feel in heavy SUVs, diesel engines are a must! the torque of diesels drive me crazy!

Fortuner looks good on paper,but in reality both next to each other prado is got the edge.I will post a pic of both the vehicles ,i have a fortuner too.
actually, i was talking only about the looks. for me, a fortuner looks better. i know a prado is much more capable.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
raj me too a diesel fan,probably if toyota was offering a 3.0Tdi v6 like the audi or benz then its fine.Like you mentioned D4D is too boring and best used for commercial vehicles.

Thread Starter #24
AMG i think its a 4 speed box.
Arkin what fitments can be added,it comes with everything.
You are right ,prado is twice the cost of the fortuner.Well air bags i think 6 in total including the curtain airbags not sure.
Holy,I have done some estate roads and climbs ,forest trails,but nothing serious as the spares are very very expensive.

350Z

Core Team
The Prado has 5 speed Auto 'box, No? Also, It returns fairly less mileage of about 6 KPL. How much are you getting? and please share the detailed maintenance costs like other members asked.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #26
350z it gives about 5kmpl.

It has a v6 engine ,rear lsd,lower range ,A/T tyres<dunlop grandtrek>,suspension can be raised to around 3 inchs and stiffened..The best part is in lowrange L2 it is faster than a baleno ,so in offroad conditions tooo much momentum can be gained and it is got good ground clearance when the suspension is raised.

This is a monster on road,and on a straight road can go neck to neck with a bmw 530d.

HMM toyota,they are good for regular servicing but any major problem then you have had it.Once this car had a crash,rear tires were going bald from the inside ,a brand new tyre used to last just 4000km,they took 1 whole year to solve the problem.

Service costs are any where between 20 to 40k .

It needs the front discs to be replaced as well as all 4 tyres every 20000kms.

What 20 to 40k?? How much does regular servicing cost?

Seems like a costly affair maintaining a Prado. 20k kms seems to less for replacing discs and tyres!

Thread Starter #29
Service is anywhere between 20000rs to 40000rs.

Yup tyres hardly last 15000km ,each tyre is rs 21000
Front discs are 21000 a pair.

Its quite expensive,but what many people do not know is almost all automatic highend suvs chew up tyres and discs.

It mainly depends on driving habits.
Fast driving & braking surely will loose tread of tyre's.
21K [surprise] how is it buddy, which shoes it has currently.
I think they are not that costly max of 10k is acceptable.

Top Bottom