Battle of Midsize Sedans: Linea, Fiesta, Aveo, SX4?

Midsize Sedans?

• Fiat Linea

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Ford Fiesta

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Chevrolet Aveo

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Maruti SX4

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #32

350Z

Core Team
I noticed that Chandigarh city is filled with a lot of Lineas. You can easily spot one at every car park where as in Delhi the scene is different!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #33

350Z

Core Team
Recently I checked out the Linea Emotion inside out, Found the car to be good and absolute Value for Money if we compare (Only top-end) with Honda City or likes. However, the base Active or even Dynamic doesn’t feels to offer much value (or does it?) Because for the almost same price of a Linea Active, one can get a fully loaded Indigo Manza Top-End. Here’s a small comparison:

• Tata Indigo Manza Safire Aura+ (Petrol) = Rs.6,66,340 (On Road Delhi)
  • Fiat Linea Active (Petrol) = Rs.6,98,309 (On Road Delhi)

Among them, Obviously Manza is offering much value for money, But I like the looks of Linea and would still lust for it though. Hopefully, things would change with the time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@350Z, your confusion is quite right. Manza certainlly offers great value for its price. But Linea is not in that segment. Manza can best be compared with Dzire. Linea is at-least one leg ahead.
Its question of Mind (Manza) Vs Heart (Linea), this is true for any car buyer.

even i feel manza cannot be compared to the linea. manza is at best a budget sedan, like the Dzire.

one incident: in kerela, we saw that a person gifted his new son-in-law an indigo manza. apparently, the SIL was very happy. my uncle said, "now he is smiling & giggling but after some months, when issues starts cropping up, he will be filing a divorce! so never gift your SIL a tata car!" { pun intented, no intentions to hurt any sentiments of FILs or tata fans! }

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team
@350Z, your confusion is quite right. Manza certainlly offers great value for its price. But Linea is not in that segment. Manza can best be compared with Dzire. Linea is at-least one leg ahead.
Its question of Mind (Manza) Vs Heart (Linea), this is true for any car buyer.
RSM, You have said it dead right! It is the matter of Brain v/s Heart. My heart says Linea where as the brain points towards Manza. Though, I’m still not ready to accept the rear looks of Manza plus, I’m avoiding going for Tata brand. No explanations please, That’s a personal preference. Anyways, whenever the right time comes, expect a new thread in car and bike shoppers section.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even i love the Manza but afraid whether TASS will spoil a beauty! My experiences with TASS have never been good , so i feel Linea will be better. But at the price of a base model Linea you will get a fully loaded Manza!

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
We should now include the transformed Verna in to the league too. By the way, I was going through some posts in our ol’ forum and discovered that Linea’s introductory price during the launch was Rs.5.95 Lakhs (Ex. Delhi) and secondly, I’m still unable to find the pictures of Active variant, I know the difference is not much but still I want to take a look and find out how the Linea Active actually looks like with Black Door Handles, ORVMs etc and also on the interiors part.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Best way to go to some good dealer in Delhi (confirm before going that you want to see ACTIVE variant only) and check it out.
I have seen on road, and frankly not much difference you can feel. But i have not seen each and every part properly.

Thread Starter #43

350Z

Core Team
Now it seems that is the only option left with me, but frankly speaking I’m not interested to visit some dealership far away just to see how the Linea “Active” looks like! Because I’ve already checked the other variant of Linea, Let’s see if I find something over internet.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team
I again had a brief look at Linea (Dynamic variant this time) inside and out at Auto Links while on the way to home, this evening. There’s not even a single doubt about the looks of this car, even Dynamic variant which does not offers extra chrome and other frills looks very beautiful, just like what we see in images. Even the Manza was showcased next to it, and looks nice as well. However, there’s no car in the segment yet, which can actually compete with Linea in terms of looks. My initial impression has been good like previously, and build quality is solid, being a typical Fiat, but on the inside, some of the plastic quality, door pull lever to be precise, disappointed me. First, It feels weak and second, it does not adjusts properly back to its position. Nevertheless, rest of the interiors is good and spacious enough, although tall passengers have to compromise a little with headroom.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vibhor, you are correct in your conclusion about Linea. It is indeed better looking in its segment, even 2 segment above.
Regarding door pull lever, I am not sure, in my Punto (Emotion) its made of steel. One thing I will tell you, some of the plastics, like boot release lever, fuel opener lever etc does look weak, but all of them have metal inside and its quite strong. I never had any issue with any of them till now.

Top Bottom