Battle of Midsize Sedans: Linea, Fiesta, Aveo, SX4?

Midsize Sedans?

• Fiat Linea

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Ford Fiesta

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Chevrolet Aveo

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Maruti SX4

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
So these are the cars which you are considering for your buy?? If its petrol i would for Linea and if diesel i choose Fiesta!
Actually I was say the opposite. When it comes to Diesel, it has to be the Linea over the Fiesta. Petrol is a different. The Fiesta S wins over the Linea. But for someone who is not the sporty type, the Linea petrol also fits the bill.

i would listen to my heart & buy the linea.
I love Linea for sure and my heart is just pushing towards it. But considering the long run, VFM and over all maintenance, I will listen to the my brain [;)]
Even if you listen to your brain, the Linea wins. It makes a great VFM car.

I will pick the new SX4 with Leather option from the above list.
Sorry but I just don't like this car. It was originally designed as a softroader (by Fiat) and later converted to a sedan for Suzuki.

Attachments

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team
Fiat has terribly increased the price of Linea, The Petrol base Active variant costs somewhere Rs.6.5 Lakhs On Road and Dynamic at Rs.7+ Lakhs! Now why do I feel that we still have only a few choices for sedan in Rs.6 – Rs.6.5 Lakhs Budget? Also, Any idea how much "Premium" is charged for the Tuscan Wine "Premium" color shade?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Did they increase any price recently?

The special colours will cost you Rs. 5000 extra.

The current offers on Linea -

Total benefits up to Rs. 44,000 including

• Exchange bonus of Rs. 10,000
• 1st year insurance – Benefits up to Rs. 26,000
• 26 months extended warranty - Benefit up to Rs. 5,350
• 24X7 Fiat Roadside Assistance – Benefit up to Rs. 3,000

Here is Linea price list :
Fiat Linea Active 1.4 (90bhp, Petrol, Manual, 11.4kpl) Rs.6,54,340
Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.4 (90bhp, Petrol, Manual, 11.4kpl) Rs.6,81,568
Fiat Linea Emotion 1.4 (90bhp, Petrol, Manual, 11.4kpl) Rs.7,49,625
Fiat Linea Emotion Pk 1.4 (90bhp, Petrol, Manual, 11.4kpl) Rs.7,82,100

Fiat Linea Active 1.3 MJD (86bhp, Diesel, Manual, 14kpl) Rs.7,49,631
Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 MJD (86bhp, Diesel, Manual, 14kpl) Rs.7,81,050
Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD (86bhp, Diesel, Manual, 14kpl) Rs.8,28,174
Fiat Linea Emotion Pk 1.3 MJD (86bhp, Diesel, Manual, 14kpl) Rs.8,85,769
Yes, its an expensive but VFM sedan.

Sorry but I just don't like this car. It was originally designed as a softroader (by Fiat) and later converted to a sedan for Suzuki.
Yes SX4 is originally Fiat Sedici and that is one of the reasons why I like it. The hatch back version is an awesome car in my view. I think Suzuki had done a great job converting this softroader to Sedan (which Suzuki is selling worldwide) as it gives the customer a sedan with good ground clearance. Agreed that there are pros and cons. I am just wondering what would have been the story if FIAT had introduced Sedici in thier Indian product line. I have a feeling that it would been another success.

I like Linea very much but the engine power disappoints me. Probably its good enough for a very calm and smooth drive. Don't know how it will behave in hilly terrain, when the car has 5 people inside, with languages in the boot and AC is on. Hopefully they will introduces the new power plant with added features. However I am concerned that the price tags will go further high, just as in the case of Honda and SX4.

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team
Can someone post the pictures of Fiat Linea Active? I'm unable to find them anywhere on net. I'd like to see what are the noticeable changes in Active and Dynamic Version. Also it looks that top-end Emotion is hot pick among buyers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Well, According to Fiat Linea website there are a few exterior changes in all three variants, which include:

- Fog Lamps: No in Active - Yes in Dynamic - Yes in Emotion

- Door Handles:
Black in Active - Body Color in Dynamic - Chrome in Emotion

- ORVMs: Black in Active - Body Color in Other two

- Radiator Grille: Black in Active - Silver in Other two.

- Side Molding: No in Active - Body Color in Dynamic - Silver in Emotion

Drive Safe,
350Z

from the reviews i read in tai i think fiat has improved their service and strictly focusing on customers. and hearing about low quality parts for first time, why are they poor quality?

@ umang: two of my friends have got a fiat- the linea & our very own 'vroom' (naveen) has got the punto.

the linea guy had to face quality issues from the very beginning like AC knobs popping out & glovebox lid not closing, etc. add to that the poor A.S.S who is unwilling to help.

last heard, even naveen was upset with his fiat.

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team
Some quality niggles such as falling monograms etc were reported in first lot of Lineas but Fiat has now rectified all possible issues and there is no doubt that Fiat is trying to improve their services. They aren't taking the market for granted and that is clearly visible. However, Some of the people who are upset with servicing of particular area could be because after all the dealers/workshops are run by individuals, Just that they have authorization from company (Like some other member also mentioned earlier elsewhere), So it is possible that those guys are taking things lightly, Not Fiat.

Drive Safe,
350Z

see, ultimately to a customer, what matters is what product he has got & what service he is getting. nobody is bothered about the company's willingness & attitude, we are bothered about the treatment we receive in the A.S.S we go. we are bothered about the quality of our particular car.

if a car is giving trouble or an A.S.S is bad, its the company's responsibility to take care of its customer & not vice versa. because we are ultimately buying a fiat.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team
In my view, Everything takes time to get Established. Any popular Automotive company we see in India didn't became well-known overnight, The super-car maker Lamborghini initially produced tractors! So, A car maker can not say OMG I beat my competitor just next day after debut! Nevertheless, The main point which is being highlighted here is that everything takes time and improves gradually, Also the fact is Fiat is one of the most preferred brand in its home town including other countries. I'm not going partial towards Fiat here but just that we should always allow equal time to everyone. However, Inspite of launching so excellent models in India, After sufficient enough of time, If Fiat still fails due to their own A.S.S or whatever, Perhaps I'll support to what you say, But for now - Definitely Not.

Drive Safe,
350Z

the linea guy had to face quality issues from the very beginning like AC knobs popping out & glovebox lid not closing, etc. add to that the poor A.S.S who is unwilling to help.
Though i don't like to fall in Fiat A.S.S discussion, but most of the issue is heard from the people who don't own Fiat.

The problem you mentioned above with Linea, is sure not a major quality issue. If some plastic cover is not fitted properly, you can't reject a much better car. Except few exceptions, i have not heard of any important mechanism failure in Linea.

With regards to A.S.S, so many people have big issue with Maruti (Our own Peter - see how pathetic service they provided), that doesn't mean Maruti became bad. A.S.S mostly is your personal relationship with service people. The biggest Mahindra A.S.S center, India Garage, looks always pathetic. You will have hardly space even to walk.

I own both Maruti (Alto) and Fiat (Punto) and my experience with Fiat A.S.S is far better than Maruti's service.

One can't ignore Linea's qualities/features/looks (for its price), just because some owners have some issues. This happens with all A.S.S. Fiat has very bad history in India, mainly with spare parts un-availabilities. With Tata's collaboration, this is minimized a lot (still lot more to go).

last heard, even naveen was upset with his fiat.
What happend to his car? First time i am hearing he is upset with Punto. I know, because he is active sometime in Punto Google group. He just attended Punto group meet sometime back.

Top Bottom