Basic Information on In-Car Entertainment (ICE)

*Off Topic*
I ordered a Seicane Android 8.1 Go Head unit from Aliexpress, it costed me around $80 including shipping. Now the parcel is stuck at Kolkata Foreign Post office and the Retention Reason says Invoice missing. I contacted Kolkata Customs on Twitter and they adviced me to email the invoice, which I did immediately, but it has been 10+ days since and it is still stuck.

Can anybody help me with some inputs?

Hi, Can you please let me know the twitter handle of the Kolkata Customs? Where did you contact @ Twitter ?

Don't worry, You are on the right track. Kolkata FPO is in a huge mess right now. Just recently I get out from a similar situation, Item is a Chinese Andriod Tablet and paid 1792/- customs duty for it. Below is the screenshot of the whole process. As you already submitted the Invoice, now you just need to wait. My parcel was held 09/02 to 21/02, they prepare the custom label at 19/02.

GB_Done.PNG

Hi, Can you please let me know the twitter handle of the Kolkata Customs? Where did you contact @ Twitter ?

Don't worry, You are on the right track. Kolkata FPO is in a huge mess right now. Just recently I get out from a similar situation, Item is a Chinese Andriod Tablet and paid 1792/- customs duty for it. Below is the screenshot of the whole process. As you already submitted the Invoice, now you just need to wait. My parcel was held 09/02 to 21/02, they prepare the custom label at 19/02.
Kolkata Customs twitter handle is @CUSTOMS_EAST
I am ready to pay customs duty if required but don't know how much time I need to wait.
What was the price of your Android Tablet?
Did you send the Invoice via speed post or you went in personally? I guess they also ask for Bank statement and order details along with the invoice if in doubt.
I guess I have to wait

Kolkata Customs twitter handle is @CUSTOMS_EAST
I am ready to pay customs duty if required but don't know how much time I need to wait.
What was the price of your Android Tablet?
Did you send the Invoice via speed post or you went in personally? I guess they also ask for Bank statement and order details along with the invoice if in doubt.
I guess I have to wait
Thanks for the twitter link.
If you go to the Kolkata FPO at their counter they will tell you to forward the invoice to their email address (which I believe you already did). I did the same (12/02) as you can read it here. After more than a week later finally see some activity (21/02) - Here you can see that here. Now finally I got the package upload all the shipping label and packet size there.
I send the following to that email - (1)Electronic Invoice as PDF format and the (2) screenshot of 'Order Page' (3) 'Paypal Payment Page' (4) 'Bank A/C Transaction Page [Grayed Out other info]' and a (5) page of Indiapost tracking page with the tracking of the same.
Price of the tablet $150 but it seems to me they charge customs duty according to the declared value which is 42 Euro.

T
Thanks for the twitter link.
If you go to the Kolkata FPO at their counter they will tell you to forward the invoice to their email address (which I believe you already did). I did the same (12/02) as you can read it here. After more than a week later finally see some activity (21/02) - Here you can see that here. Now finally I got the package upload all the shipping label and packet size there.
I send the following to that email - (1)Electronic Invoice as PDF format and the (2) screenshot of 'Order Page' (3) 'Paypal Payment Page' (4) 'Bank A/C Transaction Page [Grayed Out other info]' and a (5) page of Indiapost tracking page with the tracking of the same.
Price of the tablet $150 but it seems to me they charge customs duty according to the declared value which is 42 Euro.
Thanks for your valuable inputs. Now keeping my fingers crossed for my order

Hi all,

I have purchased Blaupunkt San Marino 330 HU for my ertiga. I have no plan to go for an amplifier.

can anyone suggest me better speakers (for all 4 doors) which can give me good bass and clarity. can spend upto 7-9 for 4 speakers.

My HU out is mentioned as 4 X 45 watts.

Thanks in advance
You can check out some Sony speakers, I currently have a Sony Head unit with 2 Sony speakers and I like the Bass output although the car NVH leaves a lot to he desired but well, I am no Audiophile either

IMG_20190306_152959.jpg

So finally the got my Seicane H505K delivered and did a DIY Installation.
Had to pay customs duty of Rs 1037. Customs duty was charged as per the item value declared on the CN22 form at $27.20

Last edited:
If I get 2Din stereo with in built navigation will they install the antenna at the the middle of the roof ? The driver side radio antenna will be removed ?

If I get 2Din stereo with in built navigation will they install the antenna at the the middle of the roof ? The driver side radio antenna will be removed ?
Why to install the GPS Antenna on the Roof? The GPS antenna bundled with the Car Headunit is not weather proof and not built to be exposed to the outside elements.
I have mounted my GPS antenna inside the Dashboard just below the windshield, so that there is not much signal issue. It is working fine.

Ok, thanks I din't know that. So the one on the roof is only for radio signals. Why some cars have it on middle of the roof with the black color plastic, my father city has one and on newer cars it comes with elegant shark finn antena. Mine is the old style at drivers side which you can extend but I keep it very short.

Ok, thanks I din't know that. So the one on the roof is only for radio signals. Why some cars have it on middle of the roof with the black color plastic, my father city has one and on newer cars it comes with elegant shark finn antena. Mine is the old style at drivers side which you can extend but I keep it very short.
Yup, the antenna on the roof is for radio signals. But some modern cars have the GPS antenna also integrated on the outside for better signal.
Factory provided GPS and Radio antenna are weatherproof

So if I upgrade my stock HU the radio antenna will be the same ? On uderpass the signal is quite poor and sometimes there is no signal at all. I am looking to get Pioneer HU

Last edited:

Top Bottom