Basic Information on In-Car Entertainment (ICE)

The Head unit is stock. The amplifier has frequency and level settings apart from xcover and bass boost. If i turn on the bass boost the speakers just start crackling.....
In stock HU, if you can find these settings, try this out -

Bass = +2
Treble = 0
FADER = 0 (if having 4 speakers, otherwise F9 or maximum forward setting)
BALANCE = 0
EQUALISER = OFF

On your mobile, set settings to Auto or FLAT (Bass boost, treble/clarity/3D OFF) if playing from your mobile phone. If using USB, no issues.

On the amplifier, try this out in sequence.

HPF = 100 Hz
LPF = 60 Hz (if want tighter bass, decrease this and vice versa)
BASS/TREBLE BOOST = OFF
GAIN/LEVEL = Set HU to 75% volume, increase the level till the speakers start cracking, decrease a bit (if you listen to one particular volume, say 14, set it accordingly till you find output is good enough for the volume)
MODE = 4Ch (if using all 4 channels, else 2CH)
LPF/HPF/FLAT = If there is any such setting, move it to FLAT

If you still find anything missing, pump up the BASS setting on the HU.

Hope this works. Do revert back.

Last edited:
hey taigers, as 6*9 speakers in my alto k10 started to give a krrrrrr sound , so today went to market to see up some new speakers an sub. saw alot of thing jbl,blaupunkt etc and some AUDIO GENIOUS showed me some sub like Jvl,Hamaan ,Panasound .
i want to ask that are these kind of brand will give enough quality bass, because the one of hamaan sub is very good because its very less space consuming..?

hey taigers, as 6*9 speakers in my alto k10 started to give a krrrrrr sound , so today went to market to see up some new speakers an sub. saw alot of thing jbl,blaupunkt etc and some AUDIO GENIOUS showed me some sub like Jvl,Hamaan ,Panasound .
i want to ask that are these kind of brand will give enough quality bass, because the one of hamaan sub is very good because its very less space consuming..?
Straight answer, No. These subwoofer are for people who want it for the sake of having a subwoofer in the car. Even entry level JBL and Pioneer can be put in similar custom-made compact boxes for a much better sound. Price would be more or less the same.

These are fakes of JBL (JVL, sounds similar), Harman Kardon (Hamaan), Panasonic (Panasound, sounds similar), Xplod (No Sony, only Xplod) and many others are there. So if you are not on an extremely tight budget, get good branded original products. Decent 6x9 speakers to replace your current ones would be a better option than opting for these local subwoofers.

okay, and if i coose an 10 inch jbl or rf sub, is it possible to have an small box for it. i mean is iti possible to get bass in a small box .box like given in attchments
Yes. For that you will have to look up the T/S parameters of these subwoofers in their official websites. If the volume required for the box is 1 Cubic Feet, then the box can roughly be around 12 inches each side, which is compact right? 10" woofers usually have the required volume at around 1 Cubic Feet, so finding one will not be difficult.

You will have to build an airtight (sealed) box though, if you want good bass in small dimensions.

t/s parameters ? and are there any bass rich 6*9 speakers?
T/S parameters will be listed in official webistes or product manuals available online. You let me know which model you are interested in, I will find out the required volume of box.

Bass rich 6x9 = Pioneer or Kicker or Polk Audio.

i was thinkin about rf r1s412 , n wat about jbl 938 , s959 6x9 's ?
For R1S412, a 13" per side box will be enough. Go ahead! Do note that JBL GTX1200 and Pioneer Champion series offer more punch at this price, and will require a similar size box (1-1.3Cu Ft).

JBL GTO series is very well-known and has a decent mix of bass and vocals. If bass is your priority at the cost of slightly poor vocals, get Pioneer 6x9 coaxials.

ohkay bro , my priority is sound quality , with bass. seriously saying m not in favour of adding sub , coz smtyms its just irritates

whats your car sound setup @ice_wise?

ohkay bro , my priority is sound quality , with bass. seriously saying m not in favour of adding sub , coz smtyms its just irritates
For a small hatchback like K10, a decent set of coaxials will be enough and value for money. Spend on some good brands like JBL (GTO series or S699) or Pioneer (don't go for TSA--- series, it is outdated; choose any other series) after listening to them. If you are also looking for SQ over bass, JBL should be perfect.

I have a Swift 2009 Vxi.

Setup -

Kenwood DPX 5130BT - Rs. 13990
Hertz HSK 165 - Rs. 14900
Hertz ECX 165.5 - Rs. 7490
JBL GTO 1004 - Rs. 11900
Pioneer GM D8601 - Rs. 14990
Polk Audio MM1240 DVC - Rs. 17990
Dampmat Damping Bulk Pack (36 Sq. Ft.) - Rs. 10650
Dynamat Damping Bulk Pack (36 Sq. Ft. - Already there (Cost 15k)
Focal PK21 x 2 - Rs. 9980
12AWG Wire - Rs. 800
Spacers, Couplers, Connectors - Rs. 2000
MDF Plank for Amplifiers - Rs. 800
Subwoofer Box - Rs. 2000

For a small hatchback like K10, a decent set of coaxials will be enough and value for money. Spend on some good brands like JBL (GTO series or S699) or Pioneer (don't go for TSA--- series, it is outdated; choose any other series) after listening to them. If you are also looking for SQ over bass, JBL should be perfect.

I have a Swift 2009 Vxi.

Setup -
Thanks bro. does coax need an amp? Because GTO 949 and s959 are 100 watts rms and my HU gives 50x4 . does adding an amp will increase sound quality. If yes, then which amp to choose?

Last edited by a moderator:
thnx bro. does coax need an amp? , coz gto 949 and s959 are 100 watts rms , nd my hu gives 50x4 . does adding an amp will increase sound qualty ,and if yes , dn which amp to choose?
Bro coaxials do not necessarily need an amplifier, but adding one will increase the sound output and clarity definitely.

If your budget is around 5k, get JBL GXA644SI or Blaupunkt EMA455 or Blaupunkt 470SF or Kenwood 8406. All are good amplifiers. If you can spend more like 10k, get GTO1004 or JBL 804EZ.

Top Bottom