Basic Information on In-Car Entertainment (ICE)

Hi Arijitb, after long time i see your DIY in the head unit. Congrats for the new Gen audio system. Does this support all the video file format like .mkv etc
Hi,kannan.cnkr

It is a really long time hearing I'm from you,

I checked it and Yes this device can handle any mkv file which I throw its way but if the Audio is AC3 then it can't output the audio. That's all I found so far.

Hello, everyone, I would like to upgrade to a Andriod Head Unit from my Current Sony WX-900bt 2 Din Head unit on my Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT. Will do a DIY Installation with the Factory Harness Adapter . I only have 2 front door MGA speakers.
I am inclined towards this (link - >) Andriod Head Unit CK1018 . 1 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM.
My User Review Made for Gearbest & They Published It.

Same unit as this one, except from a different seller on Aliexpress.
I would also install Steering Wheel Control along with the unit.
Is it still a good choice? Or do I need to buy a more expensive one?
As per my requirement or expectations from the Andriod Head Unit, its is very simple. Navigation via Google Maps, Music player, Radio. Nothing fancy

Last edited:
Hello, everyone, I would like to upgrade to a Andriod Head Unit from my Current Sony WX-900bt 2 Din Head unit on my Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT. Will do a DIY Installation with the Factory Harness Adapter . I only have 2 front door MGA speakers.
I am inclined towards this (link - >) Andriod Head Unit CK1018 . 1 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM.

Same unit as this one, except from a different seller on Aliexpress.
I would also install Steering Wheel Control along with the unit.
Is it still a good choice? Or do I need to buy a more expensive one?
As per my requirement or expectations from the Andriod Head Unit, its is very simple. Navigation via Google Maps, Music player, Radio. Nothing fancy
Hi....none of your link work - it shows about blank.
Also recently I find out about Pioneer SPH-C19BT though it is a single din unit, the concept is excellent...It becomes an Andriod HU once you connect your phone to that. A low end Andriod Phone and that unit will be excellent.

Hi....none of your link work - it shows about blank.
Also recently I find out about Pioneer SPH-C19BT though it is a single din unit, the concept is excellent...It becomes an Andriod HU once you connect your phone to that. A low end Andriod Phone and that unit will be excellent.
Yes, I have came across the Pioneer Head unit but I decided to rather get a full 2 Din andriod Head unit instead.
Sorry for the Blank links
Here is the link below: (The Unit below has Suzuki wiring adapter)
US $78.85 40% OFF|Seicane Android 6.0 Double Din Universal Car Stereo with Quad core Navigation Function for Honda Kia Nissan Suzuki Toyota VW -in Car Multimedia Player from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:
Ok...according to the picture I did not understand Grey Color plastic adopter - Looks likes it is a power antenna adopter (correct me if I'm wrong) which is not used anymore, also what is that Radio Jack doing in the harness. For the radio reception, you need to connect car's own radio antenna jack which is there behind the dash.
Now about the Blue color part - Why there is 3 GND PIN ? Before ordering make sure you check your Car Side Harness Pin configuration, Once you familiar with that you can reconfigure the PIN of any Suzuki harness.
P.S: My Car (MS Ritz VDI) don't have the Steering Wheel Control So I'm not familiar with that, so can't comment on that.
HTB16Bg.kTCWBKNjSZFtq6yC3FXaY.jpg

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. The antenna port could be a part of optional motorized antenna. My 98 Safari had one.
2. Multiple grounds are often there to arrest interference and boost stability of voltage. You can see similar phenomenon for PC SMPS.

Last edited:
Here is the link below: (The Unit below has Suzuki wiring adapter)
This harness may work with your car out-of-the-box , make sure that KEY1 and KEY2 which I assume for the steering mount control are placed exactly same position by the Car side harness, else you will lose the control, I will say uninstall the existing HU and thoroughly check before spending any money. Also look for the current HU's body which stays behind the Dash - Is it single din, If it single din then you may not able to install the faceplate.
I strongly recommend identify the following harness wire which is GND, 12+, ACC and ILLU wire at the car side along with steering wheel control wire too.

1. The antenna port could be a part of optional motorized antenna. My 98 Safari had one.
2. Multiple grounds are often there to arrest interference and boost stability of voltage. You can see similar phenomenon for PC SMPS.
thanks, bhvm for the info, Car side harness usually provide one GND and leave the rest blank, so I think that 3 GND pin not a big deal as I thought it was at first look, Rest of the pin are there where they should be....I think this harness will work for him.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
yes, It could be compatiblity thing. having multiple Grounds so will work on any one position of car side grounds.

Thanks @bhvm and @Arijitb
I did remove my current headunit (Sadly I forgot to capture any pictures, will surely click some pictures soon) and it is a 2 din unit with the Celerio Radio Front Fascia along with the metal brackets to hold it in place.

The Grey connector along with the main Blue power harness is female port for the Car antenna,I found the Male side of the antenna wire dangling inside the dashboard.

I dont have steering wheel mounted controls as my car is VXI variant. So I think my current steering mounted Bluetooth remote will work with the Andriod HU as per the Aliexpress seller.

I will update with Pictures of the Wiring harness soon.

Here are the pictures
20190123_133513-2016x1134.jpg

The Head Unit with the Front Fascia
20190123_133503-2016x1134.jpg

Mounting Brackets
20190123_133450-2016x1134.jpg

Rear I/O
20190123_133623-2016x1134.jpg

Power Harness Adapter for Suzuki
20190123_133633-2016x1134.jpg
20190123_133655-2016x1134.jpg

View of the Wiring Adapter
20190123_133740-2016x1134.jpg
20190123_133749-2016x1134.jpg
20190123_133822-2016x1134.jpg

View of the male part or the Power wiring harness connector of the car

@Arijitb I forgot to ask, How's your Android Head Unit doing so far?
Is 1 gb RAM enough for the specified used?
Well, I don't have expectations of smartphone like fluidity from a Head unit, but just expect it to remain lag free. Would like to hear your inputs.
Android Head Unit Model - CK1018 is being branded by different sellers in Aliexpress so its confusing. Off late, I heard a few complains on the Seicane Unit that I was eyeing
Although I am in no hurry to get a Android Head Unit

@Arijitb I forgot to ask, How's your Android Head Unit doing so far?
Is 1 gb RAM enough for the specified used?
Well, I don't have expectations of smartphone like fluidity from a Head unit, but just expect it to remain lag free. Would like to hear your inputs.
Android Head Unit Model - CK1018 is being branded by different sellers in Aliexpress so its confusing. Off late, I heard a few complains on the Seicane Unit that I was eyeing
Although I am in no hurry to get a Android Head Unit
About my CK1018,
Please note that 2GB partition limitation is not there anymore After I report to their YT Channel...now all unit comes with 16GB space (12 GB usable) as per reported by other buyers, so you can load many apps. I was similar concern about 1GB RAM but found out that custom UI running on the top of Android 6.0 is extremely fluidic by launching and navigating through default apps such as Radio, Music Player, Video Player, BT Player, Settings etc and the UI with large icon extremely helpful during driving.
Sound Quality is extremely good comparing my MGA Pioneer Unit which drives Four 6.5 inch JBL Coax Door Speaker, Even FM Radio sound too details. I use Hiby Music Player with fine-tuning on the top of HU's inbuilt EQ to enjoy huge Music Library, The inbuilt Music player doesn't have folder play option which I hate...for casual driving Amazon Prime Music from my phone to HU via BT Route.
My unit is still working fine so far.....Please note this unit don't have any Off function, once it got power via ACC it always ON, it is possible to switch the display off but that is it...this thing can be rectify by using a switch at 12+ or ACC wire.

Anyhow before investing, I like you to watch this video so that you know what out there now.

Hi all,

I have purchased Blaupunkt San Marino 330 HU for my ertiga. I have no plan to go for an amplifier.

can anyone suggest me better speakers (for all 4 doors) which can give me good bass and clarity. can spend upto 7-9 for 4 speakers.

My HU out is mentioned as 4 X 45 watts.

Thanks in advance

*Off Topic*
I ordered a Seicane Android 8.1 Go Head unit from Aliexpress, it costed me around $80 including shipping. Now the parcel is stuck at Kolkata Foreign Post office and the Retention Reason says Invoice missing. I contacted Kolkata Customs on Twitter and they adviced me to email the invoice, which I did immediately, but it has been 10+ days since and it is still stuck.

Can anybody help me with some inputs?

Top Bottom