Basic Information on In-Car Entertainment (ICE)

Bro coaxials do not necessarily need an amplifier, but adding one will increase the sound output and clarity definitely.

If your budget is around 5k, get JBL GXA644SI or Blaupunkt EMA455 or Blaupunkt 470SF or Kenwood 8406. All are good amplifiers. If you can spend more like 10k, get GTO1004 or JBL 804EZ.
okay thanx brother, confused between JBL - CX S697,GTO 949 and GTO S959.

okay thanx brother, confused between JBL - CX S697,GTO 949 and GTO S959.
Choose between the 2 GTOs. I have used GTO949 earlier and they were good for "mixed" listening taste, i.e. not too much bass, not too much vocals/sharp tones. They were pleasing to the ears.

Audition each one and see.

thnx bro. does coax need an amp? , coz gto 949 and s959 are 100 watts rms , nd my hu gives 50x4 . does adding an amp will increase sound qualty ,and if yes , dn which amp to choose?
That 50wX4 is not RMS wattage . Its maximum power of your HU. RMS power of most HUs is approximately 20-22 watts RMS per channel. By connecting 100w RMS speaker to HU means you will get 1/5 th of its potential .

Last edited:
That 50wX4 is not RMS wattage . Its maximum power of your HU. RMS power of most HUs is approximately 20-22 watts RMS per channel. By connecting 100w RMS speaker to HU means you will get 1/5 th of its potential .
Most of the time you will get 1/5th potential but when you turn the volume up, the output in HU channels increases gradually from 15-20w to 50w (where it maxxes out) and when the volumes are high, the speaker will also get around 1/2 or 1/3rd power.

Most of the time you will get 1/5th potential but when you turn the volume up, the output in HU channels increases gradually from 15-20w to 50w (where it maxxes out) and when the volumes are high, the speaker will also get around 1/2 or 1/3rd power.
Yes but on higher volume sound quality will decrease , there will be lots of distortion .

Today , i tested out gto949 in a polo ,vocals was gud but there was very less bass.as compared to my sony xplod Xs-Gtf6937 , it was like 1/2 to 1/3 , which was quite suprising n shocking .

Looking for Car - aftermarket head unit information

Hi,
Can any one tell me, what is the percentage of High-end Car head-units (with 7 Inch display size or more) sold compared to the total number of head units sold in India?
Any help in finding this information is deeply appreciated.
Looking forward to your responses.
Regards
Soum

Re: Looking for Car - aftermarket head unit information

Hi,
Can any one tell me, what is the percentage of High-end Car head-units (with 7 Inch display size or more) sold compared to the total number of head units sold in India?
Any help in finding this information is deeply appreciated.
Looking forward to your responses.
Regards
Soum
I don't have any information regarding this, but can i ask why do you need such information? if you don't mind.

I don't have any information regarding this, but can i ask why do you need such information? if you don't mind.
I am working on a project that requires this data, that's the reason.
Can you help me on the required information?

Last edited:

I am working on a project that requires this data, that's the reason.
Can you help me on the required information?
May be you can contact local ICE dealer for your query, i think they will be able to help you with this. Anyways best of luck for your project.[:)]

Does it punch???

Well, hi guys[:)].

Only a small question......
Does the TS-WX305B and the TS-A936H have the heart-thumping punch[thinking]

Also, do they also have the deep, low bass[confused]

Please help......

-S.N.​

Hello guys, I have been requesting some suggestions for upgrade of my ICE on this thread but I was quite unfortunate to receive any attention from the gurus. Therefore I decided to post here.

I was looking to upgrade my car's ICE, the car is Chevrolet Beat.
I had banged my head all over internet last month and finally made the partial upgrade. I need your expert assistance to complete the upgrade.

I have already upgraded below items:
  1. Android HU - JOYING 7"
  2. Front 6.5" Components - Polk Audio db+6502
  3. Subwoofer - Pioneer TS-W3003D4 12"
  4. Mono Amp - Infinity - Kappa One 800 Watt
Pending upgrades:
  1. Rear Coaxial 6.5"
  2. 4 Channel Amp
Rear Coaxial - My car has stock location for 4x6 inch speaker at rear but it has been a pain to find a good replacement which could be a bang for the buck. So I finally decided to put a 6.5 inch in the stock location or may be on parcel tray. At this moment I am confused between two speakers as both of them have good reviews. I need your advice to finalize the same. The speakers are:
  1. Polk Audio db+652
  2. Pioneer TS-D1602R
4 Channel Amp - Currently my front components are powered by the newly acquired HU but I feel they sound under-powered. Hence I plan to get a 4 Channel amp which could power my front comps and rear coax. I have shortlisted below amps based on the RMS requirement of speakers but suggestions for another items are welcome.
  1. Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP
  2. PIONEER GM-A6704
  3. Sony XM-N1004
I have already spent some considerable amount for the setup and once I have installed the rear speakers and amp the damage to the pocket would further elevate, therefore I could not go for dampening. Though I may plan to do so in near future when I have some cash to spare. Kindly suggest a value for money brand for the same which should not cost me a fortune.
Please feel free to suggest me per your expertise even if I may have forgotten to mention any particulars. Your suggestions are valuable to put my hard earned money to some good music..
I appreciate the efforts well in advance

I know this not an active thread but I didn't find any other suitable one to ask,

My question if I buy an aftermarket harness suitable for my car which is SUZUKI product and the harness type is 'SX4 - Grand Vitra 2004 harness' which I find is accurate fit, my question is - the function of the color-coded cable is universal right? I mean the basic function like

1.battery constant
2.ground
3.acceries
4.antena constant
5.illumination
6.four speaker level wire i,e eight piece of wire with (+) (-).

They must be the always same right one harness to other?

I know, that I always can go to the installer but I can't let go of the learning opportunity first.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Arijitb hello and thanks for making this thread alive once again.
Do let me know some foreground like why do you want this harness and what you want to do with it?
Is your stock harness damaged?

Color codes are usually standard but manufacturers many times do not shy away from using proprietary codes to prevent users from fiddling around or having an non-oem Accessory. Usually, a quality harness would come with a wiring diagram. The diagram should also be found on the back of your HU showing all connections.

Also inviting our fellow member ICE_WISE to shed more light on subject.

Last edited:

Top Bottom