Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16 (2009) - Midnight Black

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations! I like the speedo-console of Yamaha FZ. It has a very racy and sporty touch.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think the stock tyre is also the same size right , what's the cost of this one?

I like the tread pattern a lot!

Hi deville_56. Dude, I too own FZ but never faced the problems you have mentioned regarding the chain noise and the bike shaking at speeds of about 60. The mileage is really less. I get 36-40. I have managed to reach a top speed of 105 (without pillion) and it was achieved without much fuss although the engine felt a little bit strained. I have this bike for 2 years and have never faced a single niggle till date. My overall experience with this bike has been splendid.

Thread Starter #84

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi deville_56. Dude, I too own FZ but never faced the problems you have mentioned regarding the chain noise and the bike shaking at speeds of about 60. The mileage is really less. I get 36-40. I have managed to reach a top speed of 105 (without pillion) and it was achieved without much fuss although the engine felt a little bit strained. I have this bike for 2 years and have never faced a single niggle till date. My overall experience with this bike has been splendid.
Chain rolling noise is there in all open chain bikes, barely noticable. Bike never shook at 60 [evil], it was little vibe when it cross 56 and reach 60, characteristic of FZ [:)] (economy changing to power). No issues with bike other than a broken clutch spring till date.

Thread Starter #88

deville_56

Honoured Member
Barricade was having tough time when I was away. Sheer ignorance, not even washed or oil changed [anger]. It kept changing hands and thrashed. Now back n my controls.

Battery dead. Bought new TAFE Speed MF with two-year warranty.
Photo3145.jpg

Oil changed to Shell Advance AX7 Semisynthetic, pretty cheap, only Rs. 315.
Photo3146.jpg

Grab rail paint peeled off, got it powdercoated.

The seat and the rear alloy footrest and the like could be blacked out as well.
Seat will be full black soon. Rear set will be untouched as chances of peeling off is high. Or else get it powdercoated at a later stage.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #89

deville_56

Honoured Member
Barricade turns Two today.

Another trouble-free year gone

Around 15k km from last anniversary nearing 34k km in two years.

Two paid services. 12+k spent on spare and labor [evil]

Major chunk - 6 liters of oil (2k). A set of tyres (5.8k). New battery (1k). Chain Set (1.1k).

Air Filter x2. Brake pad x1. Brake liner x2. Oil filter x2. Spark Plug x1. Clutch cable x1.

Issues so far: Loose clutch cable, changed.

Front wheel bearing gone. Will be changed soon.

Average mileage: 45+.

New addition: Custom LED indicators.

Still smooth and trouble free [evil]

Photo3960.jpg

Snaps may follow, rain out here

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations and happy birthday to barricade. Can you share some pictures of LED indicators?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom