Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16 (2009) - Midnight Black

350Z

Core Team
Deville, Well yours is probably one of the most tastefully maintained and customized FZ. Great that she’s serving you trouble free in each kilometre. Do keep updating us.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #64

deville_56

Honoured Member
Deville, Well yours is probably one of the most tastefully maintained and customized FZ. Great that she’s serving you trouble free in each kilometre. Do keep updating us.

Drive Safe,
350Z
58 kmpl is a really good figure:smile:.
Thanx. It's now kinda owner's pride and neighbor's envy [evil] almost all 150 cc friends of mine [Unicorns, Hunk, and RTR] getting frustrated on my mileage figures [:D].

PS: Do update your Estilo thread too.
Sure.

Thread Starter #65

deville_56

Honoured Member
Changed oil today. Butter smooth again. Before change, revving felt hard and strained, but now running fine.

Upgraded headlight to 60/55. Now even buses flashing for me to dim despite running on low beam[evil]

Cool Deville! The all black avatar is also looking great!

Your FE figures are great actually! My Pulsar also returns the same figure these days!

BTW does your tyres need a change now?

Barricade crosses 20k km. No workshop visit for past 5k km, still going strong. Now comes in full black avatar [evil]
Lovely Pictures. Bike looking good and you are getting good milage.
5K running - Do check all Oil levels. If Bike do not have petrol no harm but less/no/bad Oil is most harmful for Bike health.

Thread Starter #68

deville_56

Honoured Member
Cool Deville! The all black avatar is also looking great!

Your FE figures are great actually! My Pulsar also returns the same figure these days!
Lovely Pictures. Bike looking good and you are getting good milage.
Thanx [evil]

BTW does your tyres need a change now?
Thought the tyre was over at around 15k km, but still it looks as if I can safely squeeze at least 25k km out of that.

5K running - Do check all Oil levels. If Bike do not have petrol no harm but less/no/bad Oil is most harmful for Bike health.
Barricade is maintained by myself and the oil change is taken care of at every 2.5k km. I hate those ASC morons half-heartedly or maybe nil-heartedly treating my bike. So no workshop visits [evil]

Thanx [evil]
Barricade is maintained by myself and the oil change is taken care of at every 2.5k km. I hate those ASC morons half-heartedly or maybe nil-heartedly treating my bike. So no workshop visits [evil]
[clap] Hum. That's the best way. It is great !!! knowing bike basic maintenance operation by yourself is very good and much appreciated.

I am a new member to this group. I have an Yamaha FZS bought one and half years back and has completed 16000 kms. I have a problem with my FZ, since purchase. The front wheel feels unstable. While negotiating curves, the feeling is that the front wheel would skid. I have shown it to the service centre several times, but the complaints still persist. Please advice me as to what i should do.

The FZ S is my fifth bike. My unicorn ( first version ) developed this same problem one year after purchase. Most probably after the service centre tinkered with the front fork, during routine maintenance.
I have not tried another FZ. It is not due to fear, because the problems minimize when I have a pillion. Negotiating even a 45 degree curve, especially to the right, at speeds above 30 kms per hour, gives the feeling that the front wheel would skid.
Is there some place in Cochin where I can take my FZ S ( other than Shinrai and PSN ) where they will attend personally.

Thread Starter #73

deville_56

Honoured Member
Update!! Barricade crossed 23k km. Still running on all original factory installed hardware including the chain and tyre [evil]. 90% FZians never crossed 15k mrk on the original chain and tyre. Premature chain set change is bad diagosis from ASC from my experience. They ask to change once the chain starts making noise beyond their control. I've done 8k km after they told me to change the chain. There is limitation for their chain lube spray. They charge 120 bucks for clean and lube with that thing and it won't last long. I've been using 4T/gear oil for lubing, which is very much effective than the spray. Also, my wheels are holding well and lots of grip left. A bit worn in one side because of low pressure. Started touring with xbhp guys and now I feel my bike need some oomph. I don't prefer ripping, still with majority riders on 220s/Ninjas/RE/A180, I gotta catch with their pace. Joel came up with a tempting package and I'm planning to get them stage by stage by saving some "M." First FFE and then the big bore 180 cc kit. Average FE now is a very sweet 48 kmpl.

I am a new member to this group. I have an Yamaha FZS bought one and half years back and has completed 16000 kms. I have a problem with my FZ, since purchase. The front wheel feels unstable. While negotiating curves, the feeling is that the front wheel would skid. I have shown it to the service centre several times, but the complaints still persist. Please advice me as to what i should do.
Sorry for later reply. Try annother FZ as Ilango said or get your bike rode by another guy and if it still persist get it checked outside. I don't face any such issue, I can tilt the bike with absolute confidence from as low as 20 kmph to 80-90 kmph [evil]

Last edited:
Regarding the unstable handling at curves, after running from pillar to post, I rummaged the net for discussions regarding unstable handling and the sort. On listing down the reasons for unstable handling on an A4 paper, I finished one full page. With the information available, I myself checked the alignment of the front and back wheels using the string method, and found that the two wheels were not in alignment. Next I found that the front wheel was not in the vertical plane. It had a slight slant. The top part had a slant to the left. Next I found out that the distance between the centre points from the swing arm pivot and the back wheel axle were not the same on both the sides. This meant that the markings on the swing arm for aligning the back wheels were wrong. Armed with these information, I approached PSN Yamaha, at Palarivattom, Cochin. They took the front suspension to a laithe, and have aligned the T-stem and the front forks. This has somewhat corrected the problems. I will be getting back to them after riding the vehicle for two weeks, when the parts bed in. Till then, bye.

Top Bottom