Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16 (2009) - Midnight Black

The HID I mentioned is a chinese brand with one year warranty. Both high and low beam are HID's. The price is 2200 and was bought from Bangalore.. But beware, its cop magnetic..

hai dileep i also have yamaha fz-s and i tried searching all the shops in trivandrum and cant get NGK G-Power for my bike. So please tell me where you bought it for your bike, im also in trivandrum?

Hai dileep,im also in trivandrum and i also got an fz-s and i searched the whole city for NGK G-PoWER iridium spark plug and i couldn't get one.
So please tell me from where you got it for your fz.........?
FRoM DeAdLy RiDeR FrM TVM

Thread Starter #34

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hai dileep,im also in trivandrum and i also got an fz-s and i searched the whole city for NGK G-PoWER iridium spark plug and i couldn't get one.
So please tell me from where you got it for your fz.........?
FRoM DeAdLy RiDeR FrM TVM
G-Power available at Amritha in Bakery Junction, under the flyover.

Thread Starter #35

deville_56

Honoured Member
The 15k km report

Just gave the bike today for the 15k km service aka last free service at 15700 km [:D] reason being overcrowded ASC. They are unable to handle the volume they sell. It has been the third time I am taking the bike for last free service and had to return unsuccessful as waiting list was even full for the next 2 days and I can't leave it there for that much time and they didn't have space to park mine. Situation was same with both dealers and I decided to service it myself. Did everything except oil change and was to change it in two days and then started all the troubles. My clutch return spring broke and chain started making weird noises making the ride feel risky. So decided to get it serviced.

Took it to the ASC to get it diagnosed, the guy testdrove and said no probs other than a near wornout chain that is making the sound. No chain in stock and it takes 20 days to get one. The guys there are very helpful. He said a thorough clean and lube can make it last till the next service while the chain set cost 1k+ + 20 days after booking. He gave me appointment for Friday, but I insisted I will leave it there and want it tomorrow evening. He was a bit hesitant as he didn't want to take the risk of getting the bike scratched in the tight parking. My only intention was to get it done, so left it there at my own risk.

This time I'm gonna get oil change from there.

Jobs to be done includes regular service, thorough chain cleaning and clutch return spring change and estimate given was 400 INR. Will get it back by 530 PM, but they never made it late till now. Usually bike will be ready by 2-3 PM.

No extra expense on maintenance other than routine consumables and mods. So far it's a reliable piece of machine. Clocked 15700 km in 10 months. Mileage constantly varying from 35 to 56 depending on the load, city/highway cycle and rider [evil].

6 oil changes till date and gave it for 7th with Yamalube at first change and then Motul 3000 4 times, then elf Moto 4 Gold. This time Yamalube as ASC is gonna change. Total 7 liters oil.

Oil filter and gasket changed two times.

Spark plug changed once.

Almost 1800 for consumable till date.

088.jpg

090.jpg

095.jpg

Hey Deville your bike is looking cool!

And did you create the problems in your bike by your servicing or was it normal?

15k kms in 10 months is amazing man , my Pulsar has clocked 25k kms in 3 years.

Great to know that FZ is reliable but the spare parts availability is a bit of a concern. 20 days is a bit too long IMO.

Thread Starter #37

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thank you thank you.

And did you create the problems in your bike by your servicing or was it normal?

Great to know that FZ is reliable but the spare parts availability is a bit of a concern. 20 days is a bit too long IMO.
I swear in the name of the god, I din do any thing [sad]. It was normal. The broken spring was not noticable. I spotted it when I was cleaning the engine with diesel. Chain life is very short for FZ, 15k km is what the service guy said me. Noise started after all the dirt was gone off the chain . Dunno what happended actually. It subsided when I sprayed WD40, came back when I applied oil.

Me and my brother work in same place in different shifts. 17 km one way. So daily two times the same route resulting in high odo readings

Spare is issue as per them is due to the unexpected boost in sale of FZ. They are not able to meet the demand, but everything is far far far better than Honda. We were forced to sell the ever reliable Unicorn just because of the ignorant attitude and fraudulant after sales of Honda. Honda's waiting for spare is 45 days to 3 months and they are not sure about the availability. Yamaha guy always give estimate with leeway and turn around will be very less. I booked FZ-S red panel once and they quoted 15 days then and delivered within 5 days. If something go wrong, there is satisfaction guaranteed customer care [clap].

Well seems like i will consider Yamaha for my next purchase rather than Honda , Bajaj and TVS. So expecting your bike tomorrow?

Thread Starter #39

deville_56

Honoured Member

Yeah yeah, Expecting by 3 PM.

Top Bottom