Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16 (2009) - Midnight Black

Thread Starter #16

deville_56

Honoured Member
Fourth service done 2-3 days back. Time for some mods [evil]

Removed saree guard. Added some matt black. Bought FZ-S air scoop/guide. Result [:D] up to you.

Mileage: Nothing less than 45 kmpl.

Issues: Nothing major till date.

Last edited:
Looking cool!!

How about a HID kit , Bosch skoda type horns and pinstripes on your bike like FZ sports edition(preferably red)??

Thread Starter #19

deville_56

Honoured Member
Looking cool!!

How about a HID kit , Bosch skoda type horns and pinstripes on your bike like FZ sports edition(preferably red)??
Reliability issue is stopping me from going for HID. Branded stuff are too costly and cheap ones are not reliable. Heard about Numak, but they are not reponding to my mail. They sell made in India xenon bulb with German ballast and comes with one year anywhere in India warranty. Their ad says "mouthwatering price".

Already got Bosch Symphony hidden inside the tank panel. There is silver pin stripe, barely visible in snaps [evil].

ilango[speed thirst];29920 said:
Cool bike ,

Add some projectors !!
Saw an FZ with projector and angel eyes. Looks odd in such big unit.

Looking for 4300k HID, which is cheap and reliable. Any gud brand???

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21

deville_56

Honoured Member
ilango[speed thirst];29930 said:
Try thinking of different model , place the projector in a different way!

sketch it
Projector units can be placed only one way and that too needs lot of work. there will be lot of room left inside the headlamp unit then.

Thread Starter #24

deville_56

Honoured Member
no room for two. else gotta cut the reflector and base. No tools for that job [:(]

any idea of Carbon fiber vinyls???/

Thread Starter #26

deville_56

Honoured Member
fund shortage yaar. No money for experiments. No more prototyping. Direct execution. [evil]. So 99% projector setup ruled out. Looking for Carbon fiber stuff for the middle panel of the tank. Some guys over some forum said 300 buck including fixing. Some other saying arnd 1k per sq.ft. Here nobody heard of such vinyls and only designer ones available is the chequered flag. [frustration]

Hey Deville my friend got HID in his Hunk for about 1.6k , don know about the brand but its without B/W!! He got it done 3 months back , its still working well. But thing is it works only in high beams and then in prolonged use for more than 5 minutes it automatically gets cut-off and we have to switch over to our normal yellow bulbs then!!

cut-off after 5 minutes will really be useless. Especially in highway.
And I've heard that one brand offers HID at cheap rate with one year Warranty. Dont know the brand name and price details. Details are with one of my friends. Will update once I get the details.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29

deville_56

Honoured Member
I am looking for bixenon 4300k, normal yellowish one. The one mentioned in Hunk might be xenon-halogen combo [dunno what ppl call them[:)]]; xenon for high beam and halogen for low beam. Need more brightness in low beam as I will be driving slow in highways [45-60, lots of patience left [;)]] and don't wanna screw up fellow riders. I use highbeam/passby to flash only at other highbeamers.

Heard Numak is a good affordable brand, but idiots are not responding to my mail and their production/marketing base is in Cochin.

Oh yeah what you are mentioning is correct , the Hunk which i told has yellow light in low beam and bluish white light in high beam!! This light is very powerful and can stun the opposite traffic surely!!(We use it for rash drivers and high beam drivers in city)[evil]

Top Bottom