Banglore Meet at Autocross Championship (Pics @ Pg.12)

Which Date is Most Suitable For You?

• Total voters
Re: New year B'lore Meet - 08.01.12

Avindu,Kanakapura Lake will be good as it is very near,but my question is will it be crowded as 8th falls on Sunday
I'll be around that place this weekend. I'll check and update by next Monday.

Where is Kanva Reservoir located? any landmark?
About 70Kms on the mysore road and take right before Channapatna. Its worth visiting, early in the morning. So, we have to be there before the sun rise. Here is a pic I took last year.

Scorp1.jpg

While we await the member count, lets decide a place. Here's some :

1. Kanakapura lake - 40 Kms (There is a place called Blue. They have set up a small resort there, with activities such as Volleyball, Cricket, Paintball, ATV's, speed boats etc)
2. BR hills or MM Hills - around 150 Kms
3. Kanva Reservoir - 80 Kms
4. Nandhi Hills/Skandagiri - 80 Kms5. Muthathi/Bheemeshwari/Mekedatu - around 100 Kms
I will be updating soon as I have some uncertainities...
Guys please ignore Skandagiri. I have visited 2 days before and this place is banned for some days due to some incident happened over there. I had to return before 10 Kms.... [cry]

Hi Avindu, place is good . What about considering Nandi hills too.
Sure. Please add any other place too. We can finalize the place 3 or 4 days before the meet. Say around the 3rd or 4th of Jan.

I will be updating soon as I have some uncertainities
Take your time, no hurry.

Guys please ignore Skandagiri. I have visited 2 days before and this place is banned for some days due to some incident happened over there. I had to return before 10 Kms.... [cry]
That's sad, but I guess you could have gone to Nandhi Hills. So, if we do finalize on Nandhi hills, then we can check Skandagiri too (if they do have it open in Jan)

8th is too early my friends. Im not sure of others but many will be back to city of their christmas vacations on 2nd. Cant this be moved a little further?

8th is too early my friends. Im not sure of others but many will be back to city of their christmas vacations on 2nd. Cant this be moved a little further?
8th suits many of 'em, and this meet is for new year celebration!

Avindu that place in the pic you have posted looks good and a better place for us to meet so we ll try zeroing to that lake.

MM Hills is more than 150km. It's around 227km one way IIRC. You guys can consider Lepakshi too. Nice place for a photo shoot.
Did my PM reached you? And what about your decision for the meet bro? you promised us to meet after your engg exams,think you have holidays at JAN?
We'll keep the meeting place within 100kms radius so that we can enjoy more having talks than driving so long!

I'll post pics of the Kanapura lake this weekend and also the activities held at that place. We may then decide between the Kanva Reservoir and Kanapura lake. In the mean time, please do suggest any other place.

I can think of a resort near Srirangapatna. Its called 'Young Island'. The place is serene and adjacent to the cauvery river. There is a swimming pool too. Besides this, the food is delicious. This is around 110-120 Kms one way.

One other place is 'Talakad'. I guess its around 130Kms though (one way)

Interesting to see another meet happening. This time on 8th will be tough but will try my best.

My suggestion on the venue -

Mekedatu - is a good fun place and the drive is good as well of about 100kms. Will be fun but Sunday's are usually crowded

There's another place off Mysore road, something like a Ramagad or so where there's a temple on top of a hill and you have to climb up.. will be good fun to drive there and on the hill.. though no food/snacks available there.

Another good place to drive around is in the Ragihalli forest range near Banerghatta Zoo.

Kanakpura lake sounds good too.

Thread Starter #26

Interesting to see another meet happening. This time on 8th will be tough but will try my best.

My suggestion on the venue -

Mekedatu - is a good fun place and the drive is good as well of about 100kms. Will be fun but Sunday's are usually crowded

There's another place off Mysore road, something like a Ramagad or so where there's a temple on top of a hill and you have to climb up.. will be good fun to drive there and on the hill.. though no food/snacks available there.

Another good place to drive around is in the Ragihalli forest range near Banerghatta Zoo.

Kanakpura lake sounds good too.

Please try as much as possible to attend the meet..

Thanks for your suggestion. [:D]

Am waiting to see where the venue will be,I feel most members can only be certain of attending as 8th approaches & Vishwas i got your pm,I appreciate your effort

Thread Starter #29

Which place to be decided ? I think Kanakpura lake would be better as it is near and we can spend more time.. [;)]

Top Bottom