Bangalore To Shirdi Route

Update :
Finally we have fixed our date and starting tomorrow morning at 5am form Electronic city, Bangalore and will be halting for 1 night at Hubli. The question I want to ask now about the Bandh tomorrow?

I am looking for suggestion if I should start tomorrow or wait till saturday morning?
Ok, good. Yes, there are mixed opinions about the bandh. It looks like all services such as public / private transport, oil/gas, etc will be affected. Although essentials such as milk, vegetables, medicals, hospitals, etc will be exempt. Since it is not held by any political parties (even though they support it), there may not be outright clashes / roadblocks or so. Karnataka has given all-round support including KSRTC, BMTC, etc. But in politically active areas, it may be unpredictable.

Watch local news channels in the evening / night & decide.

If I had a plan to start tomorrow, I shall take the risk & not postpone it. I will carry on & enjoy the traffic-less roads as much as possible.

Ok, good. Yes, there are mixed opinions about the bandh. It looks like all services such as public / private transport, oil/gas, etc will be affected. Although essentials such as milk, vegetables, medicals, hospitals, etc will be exempt. Since it is not held by any political parties (even though they support it), there may not be outright clashes / roadblocks or so. Karnataka has given all-round support including KSRTC, BMTC, etc. But in politically active areas, it may be unpredictable.

Watch local news channels in the evening / night & decide.

If I had a plan to start tomorrow, I shall take the risk & not postpone it. I will carry on & enjoy the traffic-less roads as much as possible.
Thanks for your prompt reply and I also am thinking on your lines of enjoying traffic free roads. Will check the news at night. Also if you get any information on bandh, please update.
One more question:
My sister's apartment is at Hadapsar. Therefore google maps is suggesting me to take diversion from kapurhol and go via saswad to reach Hadapsar. Is it the direction ok or should I carry on along the NH and take some other route?
Please suggest.

Also if you get any information on bandh, please update.
Will do. Will be watching the news closely for further developers. I have to travel for a weekend trip @ 3/4am on Sat early morning.

My sister's apartment is at Hadapsar. Therefore google maps is suggesting me to take diversion from kapurhol and go via saswad to reach Hadapsar. Is it the direction ok or should I carry on along the NH and take some other route?
Please suggest.
Let me check with my brother. I guess, it will take some time. In the meanwhile, if @GrandRK can pitch in, nothing like it.

This is what I got from Google https://goo.gl/maps/FqJvc2gk5Bq .

Last edited:
In the meanwhile, if @GrandRK can pitch in, nothing like it.
You called me and i am there [:)]

Thanks for your prompt reply and I also am thinking on your lines of enjoying traffic free roads.
Sometimes there is unnecessary jam on these "Bandh" days. The jam is created by heavy loads parked on the road in zig zag manner. I have faced this once as they keep very small width of road for usage

Please suggest.
Hadapsar is located at east side of pune hence Kapurhol road is good to reach there instead of traversing through whole pune city.
The only problem here is that the exit on NH4 towards Kapurhol is not properly marked. In my above post i have told you about HP COCO pump, do keep a keen eye on right side of NH4 to find a median gap. You need to make "U" trun here to take Kapurhol road.

On this road you can visit "Prati Balaji Temple" and "Shri. Dutt Kshetra" at Narayanpur. The roads are single lane with sparse traffic and good in quality. As soon as you reach Saswad, you will get mad rush for few kilometers after which again you can do good speed as road becomes wide.

Do check "Hotel Garwa" between Saswad and Diveghat, they have clean washrooms. Enjoy descent of Diveghat and go straight to reach Hadapsar. I too stay there ...[:D]

You called me and i am there [:)]

Sometimes there is unnecessary jam on these "Bandh" days. The jam is created by heavy loads parked on the road in zig zag manner. I have faced this once as they keep very small width of road for usage

Hadapsar is located at east side of pune hence Kapurhol road is good to reach there instead of traversing through whole pune city.
The only problem here is that the exit on NH4 towards Kapurhol is not properly marked. In my above post i have told you about HP COCO pump, do keep a keen eye on right side of NH4 to find a median gap. You need to make "U" trun here to take Kapurhol road.

On this road you can visit "Prati Balaji Temple" and "Shri. Dutt Kshetra" at Narayanpur. The roads are single lane with sparse traffic and good in quality. As soon as you reach Saswad, you will get mad rush for few kilometers after which again you can do good speed as road becomes wide.

Do check "Hotel Garwa" between Saswad and Diveghat, they have clean washrooms. Enjoy descent of Diveghat and go straight to reach Hadapsar. I too stay there ...[:D]
Great to know that you also stay there. The exact place is keshavnagar, Mundhwa, Hadapsar. We will meet then when I am there as I hope that Hadapsar won't be a very big place! Please let me know your contact details. Your contact will be handy in case on any doubt in and around pune [:)]. I hope to receive blessings from Lord Ganapati while in Pune on this Ganapathi.

I will check again before going to sleep about latest updates about Bandh.

Great to know that you also stay there. The exact place is keshavnagar, Mundhwa, Hadapsar. We will meet then when I am there as I hope that Hadapsar won't be a very big place! Please let me know your contact details. Your contact will be handy in case on any doubt in and around pune [:)].
For reaching Mundhwa, take a flyover from Hadapsar (Gadital) turning left. After descending the flyover you will see one more flyover and Vaibhav Theatre on left. Take the flyover which will be showing straight for Pune and Right for Ahmednagar. You need to take right above flyover and descent along with Noble Hospital on left.

Keep going straight by passing Magarpatta Main gate, Seasons Mall on left (while Amanora at right). You will reach one more flyover over railway line, take it and descent to reach Mundwa.

I have PM you my contact number, do let me know incase you need any information.
Drive Safe !!

Last edited:
For reaching Mundhwa, take a flyover from Hadapsar (Gadital) turning left. After descending the flyover you will see one more flyover and Vaibhav Theatre on left. Take the flyover which will be showing straight for Pune and Right for Ahmednagar. You need to take right above flyover and descent along with Noble Hospital on left.

Keep going straight by passing Magarpatta Main gate, Seasons Mall on left (while Amanora at right). You will reach one more flyover over railway line, take it and descent to reach Mundwa.

I have PM you my contact number, do let me know incase you need any information.
Drive Safe !!
Thanks for your number. I have saved it. I'll give you a call in case of a need. If we reach Pune early, we can meet Saturday evening as you are leaving for Mumbai on Sunday.

I'll give you a call in case of a need. If we reach Pune early, we can meet Saturday evening as you are leaving for Mumbai on Sunday.
Great instances of compassion.... Very glad to be part of this forum, without which such opportunities aren't possible.

Update:-
After an awesome drive, I had a great family reunion at Pune. I'll be starting for Bangalore tomorrow morning.

Road condition:- Really awesome road till KA-MH border. As we entered MH, roads are not as smooth as the KA side.Good amount of diversions from Satara till Pune, amount of 2 wheeler traffic increased and average speed slowed down by 30km/h, has to face a 15-20mins of jam just 1km before the Kaporhol turn.

I'll try to write a complete travelogue once I get some time from work.

Dear All, Has anyone did recent trip from Bangalore to Shirdi. I am planning to start on 21st January Sunday at 5:00 PM. I will be travelling with wife and friend by Grand i10.I have below query :

1. Is it doable in one day (Bangalore-Pune)
2. Best Route Specially before/near to Pune for Shirdi
3. Suggestions for Stops for Breakfast/Lunch and Petrols Bunks

Thanks in Advance.

Dear All, Has anyone did recent trip from Bangalore to Shirdi. I am planning to start on 21st January Sunday at 5:00 PM. I will be travelling with wife and friend by Grand i10.I have below query :

Thanks in Advance.
Answering your questions.
1) Bangalore to Pune in a day is definitely doable by Grandi10.

2) From Pune onwards you can take Pune - Wagholi - Ahmednagar - Shirdi route which is all 4 lane. Just make sure you don't use Ahmednagar bypass.

3) All through NH48 you will find good facilities.
Get tank full before getting out from Bangalore. The bunks located at Davanagere and Ranebennur bypass are good. Similarly, you can also find BPCL COCO at Dharwad bypass. Make sure you do tank full before entering Maharashtra as fuel is costlier in MH than KA.

hi White Rhino
Day 4
Ajanta caves and Ellora caves are both in the opp direction to each other.It will take more than an hour to completely see the caves,so you can cover only 1 of them in a day.
Also both of these are on the opp direction to Kolhapur.
Grand Kailash is a good stay option in Aurangabad,many more available online too.
i have been there recently, this is my TL on TAI http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/33142-mumbai-shirdi-aurangabad-mumbai.html
so plan accordingly.
wishing you a safe and wonderful trip.

Dear All, Has anyone did recent trip from Bangalore to Shirdi. I am planning to start on 21st January Sunday at 5:00 PM.
I suppose you wanted to say 5am. (or) are you planning to drive in the night? If it is a night drive, excepting CCDs no other options may be available for breaks. Although there are 24-hr petrol bunks, I am not familiar with them.

I will be travelling with wife and friend by Grand i10.
1 & 3. Definitely doable. Depending on driving style 13-15 hrs with all breaks inclusive. With a 5am start, you can have breakfast at Chitradurga (Mysore Cafe) / Davangere (Apoorva Resorts). Lunch in the stretch between Belgaum - Kohlapur, depending on your progress. Plenty of options for petrol bunks / bio breaks available.
2. There used to be (still is, but!)a 2-lane undivided carriageway (bypassing Pune) between Satara - Lonand - Nira - Supe - Nhavare - Shirur & then usual route through Ahmednagar (referred to as Nagar mostly). DO NOT take this route. In pathetic condition. Use the usual via Pune route. If you put Bangalore to Shirdi (in Google Maps directly), it will suggest this route post Satara. Hence thought to explain it to you.

It is a 4-lane / 6-lane highway all the way through, excepting Hubli - Dharwad bypass. This is your slowest corridor. Even here, you can maintain a healthy 60-70 easily. The diversions post Satara aren't a major worry like before. Fastag will work all the way through as well.

Answering your questions.
2) From Pune onwards you can take Pune - Wagholi - Ahmednagar - Shirdi route which is all 4 lane. Just make sure you don't use Ahmednagar bypass.
Exactly, go through Ahmednagar. Use Google Maps to go through the city. Google Maps will try get you to bypass again & again. Avoid it. Just use the maps to navigate through the city. For a first time (if you are), it could be a bit confusing.

Top Bottom