Bangalore TAI Meet || 21 August 2016 || Manchanabele Dam

I started at 7.30 am to catch you guys at Malgudi Vatika, my bad car refused to start, battery full dead due to unnoticed cabin light on. I started charging at 8.30am and finished at 2.30pm.

by SS80

"I think there is no point in arranging meets anymore in Bangalore. Very few members show interest, fewer post on threads too."

Don't feel like that, actually I thought of discussing couple of things in the meet like

1. PDA denial by dealers, often new buyers are denied to do pda. Every buyer has got right to do pda, helping them to do pda from TAI side somehow.

2. ASS malpractices and helping the TAI members and others.

3. Member acquisition and chapters divisions of TAI members.

-suryaputhra

Attachments

I think there is no point in arranging meets anymore in Bangalore. Very few members show interest, fewer post on threads too.
I understand the frustration. We in Kolkata have somehow gelled together well and at any meet we get the basic minimum quota of participants. Even then I get frustrated for a single absentee or non responsive member.

And I know the pain you have taken to get this on including taking phone numbers from me of members in Bengaluru whom I knew.

But it should be smoothened sooner or later. And 8 members was a good response and the Nanos look smart on those roads. Loved that picture

I started at 7.30 am to catch you guys at Malgudi Vatika, my bad car refused to start, battery full dead due to unnoticed cabin light on. I started charging at 8.30am and finished at 2.30pm.

by SS80

"I think there is no point in arranging meets anymore in Bangalore. Very few members show interest, fewer post on threads too."

Don't feel like that, actually I thought of discussing couple of things in the meet like

1. PDA denial by dealers, often new buyers are denied to do pda. Every buyer has got right to do pda, helping them to do pda from TAI side somehow.

2. ASS malpractices and helping the TAI members and others.

3. Member acquisition and chapters divisions of TAI members.

-suryaputhra
Really loved your 3rd point. If you have any suggestions please discuss here so we can follow a common practice across the country. You can actually start a thread also on it where we all can contribute,

hope you guys had a blast.

Waiting for more pics [:)]

by SS80

Hey Bro, Sometimes it happens, be cool. plan for next meet by 2017. I'm sure you will get more responses for sure.

Thread Starter #34
Finally pics uploaded

Hey all,
Yeah hoping for a much bigger number next time.

Here are the photos of that day.
I, Satish & Nagaraj, came in my Estilo & waited near the R.R.Nagar signal, later Gupta ji, followed by Varun & Shashikanth met up. To our surprise, Ashesh & Nandish had met up way ahead of us and waited there. After a couple of phone calls, we realised we were much behind them and hence started off towards the hotel.

0.1.jpg
Ashesh & Nandish - their rides

We all reached the hotel (thanks to my super slow driving) reached hotel after everyone had reached and even parked in a vacant site right next to the hotel. Here are a few photos of the same.

1.jpg

2 cars parked (2).jpg

2 cars parked (3).jpg

3.jpg
This is nice pic to show how a hatchback like mine feels in the safari territory (wheels missing in pic, with mild grass [lol]).

3.3.jpg

4member discussion (2).jpg
We all had a nice Veg Breakfast Buffet & chatted about a lot of things before finally leaving the venue and heading towards the Manchanabele dam. ShashiKanth unfortunately had to leave early due to a unforseen business commitment that came up at last moment.

5. hotel depart (1).jpg
5. hotel depart (2).jpg
5. hotel depart (3).jpg
5. hotel depart (4).jpg
5. hotel depart (5).jpg
A few clicks of our rides exiting the parking

Midway to the meet, we just stopped and me+nagaraj took the Storme for a nervous ride on narrow twisting roads. The gigantic proportions of the car are seriously a challenge. Luckily for us the view of "edge of Bonnet" made it easier to know where the nose ends. Thanks Varun for the Safari in the Safari.

7 drive to the dam (1).jpg

7 drive to the dam (2).jpg

7 drive to the dam (3).jpg

7 drive to the dam (4).jpg

7 drive to the dam (5).jpg

7 drive to the dam (6).jpg

A few more photos

8. drivee (1).jpeg

8. drivee (1).jpg

8. drivee (2).jpg

8. drivee (3).jpg
8. drivee (4).jpg
8. drivee (5).jpg
8. drivee (6).jpg

As expected the road to the dam was closed and a cop would not allow us, hence we all parked a high spot and took a few photos. We also did drive around thedam to see if there is any other opening/gate, but no luck.

11 dam.jpg

12 dam (1).jpg
12 dam (2).jpg
On our way back, I got a hang of the beast and left everyone behind and raced to a nice tender coconut break near the big banyan tree. Finally we all left the place and headed home.

members (1).jpg
members (2).jpg

20160821_120254.jpg
12 dam (2).jpg

The distant dam - nature at its best
IMG-20160821-WA0009.jpeg

Attachments

Hi,
I'm sorry I couldn't reply as I was quite busy. It looks like you guys enjoyed meeting up. Please do call me for further plans. I will surely make it a point to come for a meet. Don't forget to ping me for further meets. [:)]

Hello Friends, Lovely pictures and good to see the fellow members joining the meet up. I was searching to find if there was a thread on the Bangalore meet and that's how I fortunately landed up here.

A bit of me - Though I had joined the community sometime back in Feb'16, due to severe project deadlines and lack of time, I was almost in a vegetative state when it came to being active on the group. But like all unpleasant things come to an end, so are my deadlines.

I am going to be more active going ahead and you guys can surely count me in for the future meets. Looking forward to connect with the Bangalore TAIGERS

PS: As mentioned in one of the replies, if the PM were sent to the Bangalore guys, not sure how I missed it. Would have surely made it a point to meet you all. My loss.

Top Bottom