Bangalore - Mysore One Day Trip

Thread Starter #1
As my mom and sister came to visit me on this weekend, I did a quick trip to Mysore. I've passed through Mysore couple of times but never visited, so this opportunity to visit it.

Started at 6:30 AM from Whitefield, Bangalore. Passed through silkboard, Banerghatta road and reached Kanakapura road. I didn't take NICE road and lucky no traffic on sunday morning. There were no traffic on Kanakapura road either. Really enjoyed my drive.

First stop is Shivanasamudra falls. Reached there at 9AM. Had our breakfast there. We took idlis for breakfast and puliogara for lunch. We walked down, took a coracle ride. Don't miss the coracle ride in the falls. We can bath is falls, but we skipped as we planned to visit palace and Brindavan in Mysore. And climbed up immediately.

At 11:30 started towards mysore road. The distance is approx 80 kms from the falls. We stopped in between to have our lunch. We reached Mysore palace around 2:20PM. We parked our car in a street and enjoyed the palace until 5:30 PM. The palace is really big and worth a visit. It Wodaiyars palace. We can see many East Indian Company (British) symbol inside the palace. We went to museum too.

Then went to Brindavan garden. We were tired. Filled petrol for car somewhere in the city. Crossed Outer Ring road of Mysore and reached garden around 6:30 PM. It was dark already, went to watch music fountain, not sure for us it was not good. The music fountain is below average.

At 8PM we started towards home. We passed through Srirangapatna on Mysore road. Road is bad from Garden till we join Mysore road. It is some 10KMs. From there the ride is smooth and great. There are many speed breakers though. I stopped in some dhaba which took an hour to serve us, meanwhile mom and sister slept in car. Reached home via nice road, silboard, whitefield around 12AM. End of journey..

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Excellent photographs. Brindavan Gardens is a must visit. What Dukes are doing there?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good shots Rekharam, liked them all thanks for sharing this wonderful log, Mysore is indeed a beautiful place.

Great shots Ram, Shivana Samudra is always worth visiting and that place is a bliss when you visit especially in October/November as the weather would be calm and overcast skies donates itself for awesome photography.

Amazing pics man, the one with Dam and the boat is best one. Just a request, for people like me who haven't visited or know about these areas, it would be better to name the location in the pic, so that we can google the place and plan a trip. [glasses]

freakdude.

nice place buds

too many people , seems to be some religious place
This is Mysore palace bro, not a religious one.
And yes all religious places are crowded,down in South the places of interest are just near to the religious ones.

Amazing pics man, the one with Dam and the boat is best one. Just a request, for people like me who haven't visited or know about these areas, it would be better to name the location in the pic, so that we can google the place and plan a trip. [glasses]

freakdude.
Actual name of the falls is Gaganachukki ,Barachukki .

@Ram:Pictures has come well.

Here is my travelogue.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...oo-varahaswamy-chamundi-hills.html#post106210

Thread Starter #9
Thanks all.

@Freakdude:
As Mukesh mentioned the falls are Gaganachukki, Barachukki. (Shivanasamudra /Sivasamudra falls). From Bangalore take Kanakapura road and we need to take a left from Malavalli. People are friendly and they will guide you.

The other places in the pictures are KSR Garden / Krishna Raja Sagar Dam/ Brindavan Garden. The Palace in the picture is Mysore palace. Pictures are not allowed to take inside palace. This palace is majestic, thanks britisher for not destroying it. I wonder how many such beautiful palaces where destroyed in India.

@codename47: Actually it was crowded in KSR Garden for musical fountain event. It is too crowded :P

@Vishwas: Yes it is a beautiful place and a nice one day trip from Bangalore. I never thought it would be that beautiful. Really I have no words for Palace, it is huge and marvelous. Unfortunately I got less time in KSR Garden. I been to Sivasamudra twice during December/Jan.

@Toughguy: Thanks.

@350z: Thank you.

Last edited:

Top Bottom