Bangalore-Hassan-Sakleshpur-Mangalore-Road Condition

I wish i know a bit of creative thinking like you (Angle - photoshop color correction etc)
Nothing like that buddy. Am neither am an expert photographer nor an expert in photo editing. By practice and patience, one can easily improve photography skills. Thats it [:)]

Did any one travel thru the below roads recently ? Any idea how it is on ghat sections?

1. Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpur - BC Road - Manalore- Kasaragod
2. Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpur -Gundya - Subramanya - Jalsoor (sullya)-Kasaragod
3. Bangalore - Mandya -Srirangapatna -Hunsur - Kushalnagar -Madikeri - Sulya- Jalsoor - Kasaragod.

Heard that they were doing repairs on Sullya roads few months. So, wondering whether that is completed.

I have not traveled beyond Hassan & Kushal Nagar on both ways in CAR. This would be my first time thru this road.

If anyone has some information, please share it. Planning to start on 11th Morning.

Thanks,
appus
In blore-mangalore highway around 30km in sakaleshpur ghat section is absolutely non-motor able as on 07/12/2013. Avoid this route if possible. However road repair works seems in progress. found charmadi ghat road is in good condition. narrow road but way better than sakaleshpur ghat road. from charmadi to belur road is also good.

Hi,
Kindly dont Select this route until and unless the Road work are done. Its really painfull to operate the Vehicles in this Ghats Section.

Hello friends,
Am planning to travel from Bangalore to Mangalore on saturday morning (24-Jan-15). Please let me know what is the good route and how much time will it take assuming we are cruising at 80-90km/h.

Thank you.

As if Now the mangalore, Sakleshpur, hassan bangalore is under construction. im not sure whether its opened or not. also the bangalore, Mysore, madikeri Mangalore road was also under construction from Sampage to Puttur when i did this route on Dec 4 th 2014 may be its completed now. you can take this route or you can come from bangalore - shringeri- Thirthalli-kundapur- Mlore

Thanks buddy for the quick reply. But this route' bangalore - shringeri- Thirthalli-kundapur- Mlore ' is a very long distance.

Is there an alternate way to go from chikmagalur?
Google maps show 'chikmagalur-mudigere-mangalore', this route is 150KM. An y idea on this route.

I am planning to go to Bangalore-chikmagalur-mangalore.

if not too good not bad either.
Completed the trip over the weekend in Innova. The route taken was Bangalore-Nelmangala-Hassan-Moodigere-Charmadi ghat-Mangalore.

Our initial plan was to go to chikmagalur and come back. But the drive from bangalore to Hassan was very pleasant, 120-140kmph is effortless on this road (toll road) [clap]. This gave us the confidence to go to Mangalore, so decided to stretch the trip. But we were lost in midway and went to sakleshpur and go to know that the road ahead is closed, we need to come back and go to mudigere. Took a U turn and we lost almost 1.5hrs from this point to reach to Mudigere and the road condition was bad. cant go above 30-40kmph [frustration]. Finally reached mudigere and to the charmadi ghat. The ghat drive is also ok.
After the ghat it was all Zig zag road until we reach mangalore, this was the toughest point and not enjoyable drive. Finally reached Mangalore (Ullal) and done for the day.

While coming back took the same route till moodigere then went on to Chikmagalur (as planned initially) [:)]

Hi,
How much hours it took for you from Hassan. I am planning to visit Mangalore by this month. Whether the Shakleshpur ghat section is under work in progress?

yes the sakleshpur is still under construction. hourswise i think manza class will be in a better position to answer as he has done the stretch recently

yes the sakleshpur is still under construction. hourswise i think manza class will be in a better position to answer as he has done the stretch recently
You got to be careful while going from Hassan, GPS will take you to sakleshpur. from Hassan your next destination has to be moodigere. You can check with locals on the path from hasan to moodigere. From here Charmadi ghat, Dharmasala, and then to mangalore.

It will easily take 3.5 to 4hrs to cover this distance. You have to cross the ghat section and after that its all zigzag roads. So cant maintain a good constant speed.

You got to be careful while going from Hassan, GPS will take you to sakleshpur. from Hassan your next destination has to be moodigere. You can check with locals on the path from hasan to moodigere. From here Charmadi ghat, Dharmasala, and then to mangalore.

It will easily take 3.5 to 4hrs to cover this distance. You have to cross the ghat section and after that its all zigzag roads. So cant maintain a good constant speed.
Thanks for your immediate response. Whether the roads from Hasan to Mangalore is too bad for Sedans?
Before 7 months when i was travelling on the same way, i see they were laying roads.. Whether again the roads got damaged?

Thanks for your immediate response. Whether the roads from Hasan to Mangalore is too bad for Sedans?
Before 7 months when i was travelling on the same way, i see they were laying roads.. Whether again the roads got damaged?
You can go in sedans using the above route. The roads are good, but they are zigzag, hardly we find straight roads. Calling it highway is [frustration]

Top Bottom