Bangalore City Winter Meet (24 Jan 2014)

Location Options for the meet

• Orion mall

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Phoneix mall

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Kammanahalli

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Any other place

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #121
Guys, here is the small report about the meet.

It happened in two parts(yes a third part too-the extended meet) one at BIEC grounds and the other at Phoenix mall.

At BIEC, I first met Prads with his Brand new I20 sportz crde and later met MrRanger and his friend along with their Ertiga. We all met outside and took the visitor badges and went inside. I told them to visit the expo as they wanted as I wanted to stop at few stalls and enquire about few machines I was looking for. All of us finished the lunch at expo and after a hour or so came out and proceed to the big parking grounds where the rides are parked. We evaluated I20 and Ertiga and did a TD(thanks to Prads and Ranger), checked the braking(ABS), done some photo shoot session with our professional photo man Ranger.

My impressions about the cars

I20 sportz crde : The moment I stepped in liked its seating verymuch as it gives a good support to your body, then started the engine and wow, its nvh is too good, then started driving it, again wow what a 90bhp power delivery it has got and the revving is just like a petrol car and it is really peppy to drive this car with a light steering wheel. I did some zip zap with the car and returned. I like the car with its features and driving pleasure, I felt the clutch is little hard when I compared it with Ertiga.

Ertiga diesel : I drove this car earlier, hence drove again while coming back to my hotel. It is just like driving my Ritz. The clutch is really light, seating position is good, ICE deliver some good music. Braking is not as great as I20. No body roll found like my Ritz and overall a comfortable MPV(LUV) for a family and 3rd is not that great but can be manageable based on the person's built.

Now our friends

Prads : Met for the first time, a easy going complete auto enthusiast. He just keep talking about the automobiles and glad I learned lot of new things from him. A gentle guy to get along with.

MrRanger : Met him few times before, thanks for making it to BIEC buddy though you were supposed leave to Tirupati. Simple man, a great smile on face always, good photographer too. Enjoyed with him as usual.

Part II of the meet experience continues..

Just saw the Pics of grand meet[:D]

The Pics itself says that you guys had a wonderful time there[clap]

The only problem in Mall is, we can't park our cars next to next[frustration]

Happy to see some new faces in the meet.

Congrats each and everyone for making the grand Meet :)

Guys, here is the small report about the meet.

It happened in two parts(yes a third part too-the extended meet) one at BIEC grounds and the other at Phoenix mall.

At BIEC, I first met Prads with his Brand new I20 sportz crde and later met MrRanger and his friend along with their Ertiga. We all met outside and took the visitor badges and went inside. I told them to visit the expo as they wanted as I wanted to stop at few stalls and enquire about few machines I was looking for. All of us finished the lunch at expo and after a hour or so came out and proceed to the big parking grounds where the rides are parked. We evaluated I20 and Ertiga and did a TD(thanks to Prads and Ranger), checked the braking(ABS), done some photo shoot session with our professional photo man Ranger.

My impressions about the cars

I20 sportz crde : The moment I stepped in liked its seating verymuch as it gives a good support to your body, then started the engine and wow, its nvh is too good, then started driving it, again wow what a 90bhp power delivery it has got and the revving is just like a petrol car and it is really peppy to drive this car with a light steering wheel. I did some zip zap with the car and returned. I like the car with its features and driving pleasure, I felt the clutch is little hard when I compared it with Ertiga.

Ertiga diesel : I drove this car earlier, hence drove again while coming back to my hotel. It is just like driving my Ritz. The clutch is really light, seating position is good, ICE deliver some good music. Braking is not as great as I20. No body roll found like my Ritz and overall a comfortable MPV(LUV) for a family and 3rd is not that great but can be manageable based on the person's built.

Now our friends

Prads : Met for the first time, a easy going complete auto enthusiast. He just keep talking about the automobiles and glad I learned lot of new things from him. A gentle guy to get along with.

MrRanger : Met him few times before, thanks for making it to BIEC buddy though you were supposed leave to Tirupati. Simple man, a great smile on face always, good photographer too. Enjoyed with him as usual.

Part II of the meet experience continues..
its my pleasure RK, I would have came little early so we would have spent more time [:)]
next time will plan a full day meet so you should increase one day in your schedule
12174512073_a4256629cb_h.jpg

Last edited:
It was really a relaxed meet,to be frank i was anxious at first.I am such a person who did not meet even people i did business with(really very private),but i am glad i made this due meet of TAI after being a part of it for so long!

As Mr Ranger(Mahesh) said i feel the BIEC venue was well suited as this is a TAI meet where our cars take center stage.

@ Gurralla74(RK) a little correction my i20 is almost 2 years now(pre led variant)has done 20k(due for service) ,so has been thoroughly used. I saw how you lusted over the Evoque(hated those basic alloys) parked at the venue & was wishing we were nearer to my house so i could arrange my friends Evoque to complete the day. Lets set it for another day. As i said to you i hope to own one of the fastest cars(R35) soon over the next few years & make it part of our meet.

Let us plan the next meet at a common venue easy to reach & we can safely drive eachothers cars.

PS-On the way back from the meet decided to stretch the "i20" on NICE PES route. Clocked 160 above with AC,have to say the car is geared for not above 140km/hr. Quite understandable as cars rarely cross 120 in India.

Last edited:
Hey all!
I thought to participate, but again 29th has a doctor visit in Blore and due to my hectic work schedule was unable. I really want to meet RK n all. If you plan for Hesaraghatta make it well advance.
It seems that you enjoyed well and had a great time! the pictures are nice!
RK what happened, wearing neck collar?
Jai ho TAI

Last edited:
Thread Starter #127
^^Rayal,

I had cervical spondylosis since last one month, but now cured 90% and a neck collar to be used for some more time.

Yes, we meet some time soon buddy

@Prads : That's amazing maintenance of I20 buddy, it just looked brand new to me[clap]

@Ranger : Yes we will have a day long meet next time

Last edited:
Thread Starter #128
Part II of the meet report ..

After the meet with Prads and MrRanger at BIEC, I headed for the evening meet. Spoke to Anshuman about the Phoenix mall location and MrRanger told me to take an auto till Hebbal and from there a Volve to K R Puram. While on my way to Phoenix mall spoke to Subbu and A R Ram Sir and they told me to get down at Ramurthinagar as they are waiting for me. Met Subbu and A R Ram and proceeded towards the mall in A R Ram's Skoda. Spoke to Anshuman and he said they are waiting at the mall basement parking and the moment we reached there our members Varun560061,Anshuman,VarunV,Pras were present. Then we waited for the new Storme guy Rekharam and BreezeAkaBrio. After the arrival of Rekharam, everybody started checking is new storme and meanwhile I was checking the Enjoy of Varun and great woofer he has installed. BreezeAkaBrio and a new memer TH14 arrived to the parking lot. We spent considerable time in checking the Storme,Enjoy and Brio together. We wanted to move to a restaurant and lost lot of time deciding the same and decided to move out of mall for a photo session. After the photos and some chit chat, few members had to leave us due to their pre occupied programs, hence Rekharam,BreezeAkaBrio,TH14,Varun560061 bid bye to us. It was sad that we could not had dinner with these guys.

Then we headed for a restaurant and finished our dinner by 10.30 where we spoke to Sethu Sir and SmoothRider. It was getting late for Anshuman as he was supposed to leave to Hyderabad on next morning. VarunV was so kind to drop me at my hotel all the way and the meet was concluded with some good memories and jokes.

Will continue my experience with our members in next post..

Sorry for coming back late on the thread. I did a BLR-HYD-BLR trip over the weekend.

The meet was a great one. The pictures have also come good. Though few members had to leave early (without having dinner) we had a nice time. I did not take any pictures, will take them from Gurrala and AR Ram Sir.

The focus of the meet was the Storme duo rekahram and TH14. (Black and Silver respectively) [clap]

Also on focus was Varun560061's moving disco theatre. Man, his Enjoy has a good sound system.

Had a chance to see AR Ram sir's beautifully maintained Octy and his broken parts from his last tour fiasco.

Girish and Figoan did not bring their rides.

Pras came on this Bullet that is also a masterpiece.

thegreatv came on his Swift with beatiful alloys.

BreezeAkaBrio came in his Brio which is also well maintained.

Gurrala74 drove my Manza, comments are awaited.

@ Golden you missed the meet by a whisker.[frustration] I had sent you a message on whatsapp on the Venue.

Thread Starter #130
Experience with Members and their rides(meet Part II)

Anshuman(Manza) : I never thought it could have be so easy to get along with this guy, he is just wonderful and listen to you carefully and act instantly !! Maintained his Manza very well, the sedan I like for its acres of space. Drove it for a while and everything was pretty comfortable except the clutch which has got a bit long travel according to me. Thank you anshuman for the ride.
Rekharam(Storme) : I met him for the second time and believe me friends he is just energetic as like his Storme and a good friend to talk anything. For me there is nothing new to explore in his storme after my good experiences with our members viky,rajiv's stormes in Hyderabad, so I just left the storme for others to check and kept on admiring its stance which really attracts your attention.
Varun560061(Enjoy) : I need to thank him for coming all the way for the meet and his really a humble companion says always "yes sir". I have explored the Chevy Enjoy for the first time, looks really good in and out. Got a very good space inside, yes can be called 7 seater with confidence. Interior, seating is very good and Varun has got mind blowing woofer in the boot which produces some excellent beats.
Varun(Swift) : A soft guy with a soft petrol car !! always smiling and listen to others. His swift looks too good with those alloys and the tyres. The car was struggling to deliver power during the last meet, but he got it decarbed, so seems very good this time
Pras(Bullet) : A guy like me and Figoian, Thanks for coming from long distance buddy, liked your Buller from the heart, missed your lancer man.
Figoian : He looks a sibling of mine with nature and qualities. Thanks for picking me up buddy, really enjoyed the extended meet session.
A.R.Ram sir : Oh just forget about his age friends and he is too than any youngster and mingles with every body so well like a college going boy. His Octavia standing tall and smart. Thanks for the ride sir and the time you spent till the end of the meet.
Girish : This guys is quick and I feel refreshing looking at his smiling face always, thanks for making it buddy, unfortunately we could not spend much time.
BreezeAkaBrio(Brio) : Met him for the first time, a silent listener and humble guy. Saw a white Brio for the first time and you really maintained it so well buddy. wish we could spend more time in future meets
TH14 : A new friend met for the first time and tall like his storme and mixed with every body very quickly. Wish to spend much time with you friend and explore your Storme(silver)

Special thanks to Sethumurugan Sir and Smooth rider for their valuable time on phone during the meet. Could not talk to Raja, missed you really friend. Hope I have not left any friend [thinking]

All in all it was a good meet friends, as mentioned by Vishwas we will try for a weekend meet next time. We have invited carfreak and Visran but they could not able to join us due to their pre occupied programs.

Top Bottom