Bajaj Pulsar Initial Ownership Review

Am glad to see that they have rectified all the minor issues which you have reported! I never get it rectified here in Chennai! They remain the same even after complaining![frustration]

Thread Starter #47
very recently i have found this thing which seems to be an issue, during initial pickup, say just when i release the clutch and accelerate, right that moment of initial stage, the rear tyre seems to slip a bit, something which could be felt, mostly seems to slip a bit on left side, even that can be felt when i accelerate randomly to check those slip feel, is there anything wrong with tyre settings or something else, confused?

sorry to be opening up and old thread.
i am planning to buy a Pulsar 150. since you have been using the bike for quite some time can you post any disadvantages?

Thread Starter #49
hey sorry to dig in late and also for not able to update this ownership report regularly
What are you looking for in your bike is what needs to be seen rather then looking out the disadvantages in any of the vehicles every vehicle has its own pros and cons for each owners/individuals, so cannot comment on that.As for my ownership after 4 bikes starting from hero honda splendour to passion to tvs apache to now pulsar, well its a good combination of everything for me, good ride, better built, feels heavy then other ones i owned, suits my needs its fun to ride with mileage,easily repairable by any road side joe with availability of spares.
Disadvantage well one thing i can say is on the occassion of flat tyre the bike is pretty heavy to push till the guarage:p nothing else i felt.

Thread Starter #50
Bupming into old thread, pulsar still going strong without much of the hiccups.
Completed 16000 kms yesterday.Its been serving my purpose superbly and m loving its ride.Highways as well as city.FE has been consistent in the range of 48 to 55kmpl on mixed runs.
small niggles faced so far with chain got loose a few times,had to get the clutch setting done a couple of times with gear falling quicker on the move rather then complete cluth press.
Will post some pictures soon.

Hey guys, i own a 2003 pulsar 150(first pulsar engine), initially it was red and i had changed it to black,the engine color too changed to black and the black silencer that of the new Dtsi.
It has covered a 135000 kms a minimum not sure as the meters are changed for number of times.
The work done in these kms are valve reconditioning and piston rings change for a couple of times,timing chain changed two times and recently have to open the engine as the kicker return spring got damaged.
mileage still above 50kms in city with a decent power.
I am proud to own it.

Thread Starter #53
Hey guys, i own a 2003 pulsar 150(first pulsar engine), initially it was red and i had changed it to black,the engine color too changed to black and the black silencer that of the new Dtsi.
It has covered a 135000 kms a minimum not sure as the meters are changed for number of times.
The work done in these kms are valve reconditioning and piston rings change for a couple of times,timing chain changed two times and recently have to open the engine as the kicker return spring got damaged.
mileage still above 50kms in city with a decent power.
I am proud to own it.
Awesome man yes I feel this too pulsars have by birth chain problems but with all issues one faces still it runs superbly n delivers FE regularly.My cousin brought his third pulsar las year.

Awesome man yes I feel this too pulsars have by birth chain problems but with all issues one faces still it runs superbly n delivers FE regularly.My cousin brought his third pulsar las year.
Chain problem is due to the wheel base.
More wheel base, more length on the chain,more length on chain, more load on the sprocket.
If any one could remember,the bajaj KB100 did had the same prob compared with yamaha RX100 ,hero honda CD100 and the IND suzuki.the wheel base is more on KB100 and resulting on stability than all these.
Mine is the former one which posses lesser wheel base and the prob was less on it.
If you can adjust it every 500kms and apply oil regularly the prob can be solved, Professional adjustment has a main role too.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
New seats for my ride.

Been more then two years and company seat covers were looking feeling horrible with holes n uneven fitting, so today morning went to get new cover with increased height of 1" to have better comfort for my size n frame.
Its a custom made cover from sheets you choose from, they stitch then n there along with extra foams as one needs to have to increase height n comfort.

Thread Starter #58
Last post was unable to post pics some server issue as posting frm my mobile.
Mods pls merge pics set as posting sungle pucs, tried but unable to post sets of pics together.

Attachments

Top Bottom