Bajaj Pulsar Initial Ownership Review

Thats the biggest plus of Pulsar. My Pulsar which has clocked 25k kms now and after three years i still get something around 45-50KMPL. I have even once achieved 60kmpl when i drove sedately with speeds around only 40kmph!

Thread Starter #32
49.86 is a good figure as of now![clap]
Nways what number you got for the ride. Share some pics buddy.
Yeah, a figure close to 50kmpl is quite impressive and expect an increase after you go for services. Wish you cover many happy miles on your bike Vijay![:D]
thanks gears and Akash, yeah FE is pretty good and so is its ride as i pass more kms each passing days.Noise has settled down pretty good and is getting smoother too.Completed 1900kms.
Gears got 272 as its registered number which was my choice number and all our vehicles has got these.Would post its picture in few days.

Thread Starter #33
completed 2100kms today and ride is smoothing each passing day.Engine has settled down much and good thing is that no complains as of now.Enjoying each passing kms.Last FE figures were 50.56kmpl.

Great to know that you completed 2K kms so soon.

Congratz Vijay.

And for sure you wont have problems with Pulsar atleast for 18 months. It might start after that [;)]

And even after two years i din face much problems. My horns needed to be replaced and chain guard was changed due to rusting thats it! My bike is still running fine without any mechanical repairs even after 3 years and 26k kms on the ODO.

Thread Starter #38
guys shall i plan the second service before diwali or after that, completing nearly 2100kms, but would be out for a week during diwali, so when shall i complete second service, as i have seen during festive seasons every one want their vehicle soon, and so does the service centres, hurry up to service and deliver vehicles.

When is the scheduled second service actually? If the due date has already arrived get it serviced even tomorrow if possible else if the bike is not in a hurry to be used and serviced then you can wait to service it after Diwali.

Thread Starter #41
till i am sure, second service is between 2100 to 2500kms or 90-120 days which ever is earlier, and i am near to 2500 kms, yet some 200kms spare, so mostly either i would get it done tomorrow or after diwali.

Thread Starter #43
Check out the condition first in your local workshop. If the rush is too much then consider servicing it after Diwali.
well CD they give priority to the appointments, and i have already booked my service yesterday for monday morning 8 AM, also would be my first bike to service so wont be an issue and i would get my bike back within 2 hours[thumbsup].

Thread Starter #45
got the second service done today morning.Got late on the appointment which was scheduled at 8 am, as my younger kid was not well and had to take him to his doctor, so went one hour late.SE told me that earliest he could do is 3 hours, so i would have to come at 12.30pm.So morning work went pending, then i thought why not utilise this time, took an auto, reached home and took the keys of indica and took her to her usual service as well, which was well due one month, called up SE for my car, informed him about me coming there, reached, got the car serviced, washed and got back home by 12.30.In between SE from bajaj auto called me to inform that bike was ready, had my lunch and reached at 1pm.Bike was ready.Only oil was changed and some small issues i had noted him down,
1, neutral lamp was blinkiing since few days,
2, some noise on rear shockers with pillion rider on
3, initial pickup was not so responsive as it used to
4, to check up with FE.
First three were sorted out, which i could feel while reaching office, FE would check in coming next days.
Bike had clocked 2361kms at second service.also was given 10% discount as had booked service proir with appointment.Enjoying it!

Top Bottom