Bajaj Pulsar Initial Ownership Review

Hey isnt first service 500km or one month whichever comes earlier?

@ Sriharsha I think you are asking the idling problem right? Yeah what happened to that Vijay?

Thread Starter #19
CD: first service is due for 500 to 750 kms or 30-45 days which ever is earlier, so probably in coming days would book it.

Sri, well engine noise is yes a bit loud but heard after first service it would come down and after running a few more hundreds it would settle down.
CD no not the idling one, thats been sorted out.I had said in my previous post that engine noise is a bit on higher side compared to other bikes i have seen.

Thread Starter #20
got p's first service done on monday.Engine oil was changed and a rubber seal on one of the covers was broken so was replaced which costed some 12-15 bucks, and 200+ for engine oil.Was given 10% discount on oil as i had booked my service prior one day.Overall ride quality has improved, but there's some looseing or hardning sound of chain spokets, went today to rectify and it did improve but not completely, can still hear it.Also when you park the bike on its main stand and move its rear wheel, you can hear a bit hard sound of chain and spocket.Need to visit them once.

Hmmm i din know they offer discounts if we book our service early!

And about the chain sound its coming in my Pulsar for some months now. I told them while servicing to rectify it but still some sound is coming. Now i have decide to adjust with it , cant help the pathetic mechanics there!!

Thread Starter #22
well CD, finally sorted out the chain problem with 3 visits to them and getting on service manager's head yesterday.He called up the main mechanic and he after checking out the whole bike found out the adjustments in chain sprockets were upside down in the back side which was why the chain kept on leaning and making noise,its finally gone and enjoying my ride.It stands at some 900+ kms and yet to complete 1st month.

Congratulations Vijay on getting the problem solved! Bajaj's A.S.S is really pathetic and am totally pissed off with my Pulsar now!

900km in less than a month is amazing!

Thread Starter #24
completed 1000k's today and its stays at 1036kms today evening.Going good till now and hope it continues.
Thanks CD.

Wel Vijay, chain cover noise problem is the most irritating and common problem in P150. I earlier owned one so know it much better. Though my P180 does not have any chaincover[evil], so no irritating noise.
Nwayz ride safe on the P150. Do the servicing time to time and this beast will never let you down![clap]

Hey Vijay my brother's friend who purchased a Pulsar150cc a month ago is having the same idling trouble which your bike had. Even Mukesh's cousin faced that problem. I think this is a problem with the new Pulsar.

Thread Starter #27
no CD, its not the problem but rather tthe usual way of manufacturers of keeping the idling position on higher side and then before delivery during their pdi, they keep it back to normal is the routine way, but these dealers dont do that and you have to make them do that.This time when i went to give my bike for its first service i made it clear to SA, dont you mess up with the bike's idling, and he made sure he or no one did that.
-----------Next Post-----------
Wel Vijay, chain cover noise problem is the most irritating and common problem in P150. I earlier owned one so know it much better. Though my P180 does not have any chaincover[evil], so no irritating noise.
Nwayz ride safe on the P150. Do the servicing time to time and this beast will never let you down![clap]

Thankyou for your words gears, well the issue was not with the chain cover but the alingment of the sprockets within the cover which is sorted out.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
checked its first FE after my pulsar completed its 1000 kms and it came down to 49.86kms which is good and would be better in comind days and covering more kms.

Got my choice number as well, and got it radium stickered on its plate yesterday.

checked its first FE after my pulsar completed its 1000 kms and it came down to 49.86kms which is good and would be better in comind days and covering more kms.

Got my choice number as well, and got it radium stickered on its plate yesterday.
49.86 is a good figure as of now![clap]
Nways what number you got for the ride. Share some pics buddy.

49.86 is a good figure as of now![clap]
Nways what number you got for the ride. Share some pics buddy.
Yeah, a figure close to 50kmpl is quite impressive and expect an increase after you go for services. Wish you cover many happy miles on your bike Vijay![:D]

Top Bottom