Bajaj Launches New 2012 Discover 125ST

Thread Starter #19
Bajaj Auto launches Discover 125 ST in Tamilnadu at Ex-showroom price of Rs. 55,740

Has any of our member's tested it?

Another winner from Bajaj. I have always preferred the slightly gruff and rowdy nature of Bajaj's 100-125cc motorcycles to the stifled, castrated performance of the HH sloper engine but I have also always wished that Bajaj bikes were more durable and quality-oriented.

Last edited:
Bike certainly looks good, bajaj always come up with great design and grate looking bikes.

Last edited:
Not bad experience per se. I have always enjoyed riding Bajaj vehicles and would anyday prefer touring India on a Discover/Platina than on a Splendor/Passion. But I have seen that the Pulsars and Discovers being owned by my friends literally start to fall apart after a couple of years of ownership while the Karizmas, Splendors, Unicorns, even Apaches owned by some others hold on very well. Almost all my friends are auto enthusiasts and take care of their vehicles, so any cases of bad maintainence are ruled out. Common problems faced by them are loss in engine refinement (DTSi only), rust, peeling of chrome plating, hardening of rubber parts, rotting away of silencers, etc.

I remember reading an interview of the Product Engineer who developed the 200 NS (can't remember his name) and I remember him saying that the Pulsars (and the 200 NS) have been designed to last for approximately four years or so. The interview should still be there on the Zigwheels website.

But then, I have never owned a Bajaj motorcycle. The only Bajaj Product in my family was a Bajaj 150 and I absolutely loved it. 3 gears. 2 stroke. Super tough. Bliss. I wish I still had it.

Maybe Bajaj owners could answer your question better.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
I myself have an first batch Avenger(2005 make) with 90K on the odo which from past 2 years has hardly seen the road's, despite this she start's at first crank and she still rides smooth.

Lucky you! I wish I had heard more of my friends stating such things about Bajaj motorcycles. One of them owned the first generation single spark Pullsar 150 which lasted him for a good eight years - I rode it a couple of times and was amazed (remember, this was around year 2002) at the ease with which it could cross 100 kmph two-astride.

90000 kms (on stock bore?) for a twin spark engine is nothing short of wonderful [clap] !! Vishwanath, you MUST post a long term review of your Avenger here for the benefit of all of us.

Apologize for this off topic discussion.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
SCOOP! Bajaj Discover 100 coming Dec 2012

Bajaj is working behind the scenes to bring in a new Discover. The new bike is confirmed to be a 100cc motorcycle, and aims to make it big in the high volumes, commuter bike segment.

The Discover 100 will be built around the recently launched Bajaj Discover 125ST Given Bajaj’s impeccable value-for-money track record, expect the new 100 to be generously equipped like the larger Discover, using similar specifications, suitably tweaked for a 100cc commuter bike. The 100cc engine will be tuned to deliver excellent fuel-efficiency.

We’d hope to see a front disc brake on the upcoming Discover 100. The new bike will slip into showrooms this December, priced to win around the Rs 45,000-50,000 mark.

SCOOP! Bajaj Discover 100 coming Dec 2012 | News | Autocar India

Just read a news that the Discover brand has overtaken Splendor as the largest selling motorcycle in the world by some 2000 units or so. I leave it to Vishwanath to complete this news.

Top Bottom