Bajaj KTM 200cc Duke Launched in India

There was a slight murmur about the underbelly exhaust of the 200 Duke (mostly on online blogs/forums) regarding doubts over it's performance in flooded areas.. concerns about how will the underbelly exhaust survive the water crossings/nullahs in "Leh / Laddakh" region or manage to ride through flooded streets during the monsoon.

Here is the breaking news: The KTM 200 Duke with it's underbelly exhaust can not only

[1] Wade through knee deep water, but..
[2] One can stop and idle the engine submerged and if need arises then..
[3] The engine can be switched off with the exhaust in water and restarted even after 30 mins (in submerged condition)

Don't believe me, just watch this test video posted below..

Under belly exhaust for KTM Duke 200 - YouTube

Now we all know that the Pulsar 200NS also has a similar underbelly exhaust.. so it should ideally mean that the Pulsar 200NS should also wade easily though Knee deep water, right?
That comes as a great piece of information for me. I'm inclined on getting a Duke myself. I was a bit worried that the underbelly exhaust can be a handicap in the situations you have mentioned.

This clears everything and thank you[:)].

That comes as a great piece of information for me. I'm inclined on getting a Duke myself. I was a bit worried that the underbelly exhaust can be a handicap in the situations you have mentioned.

This clears everything and thank you[:)].
This Forum Unites like minded people,So no Thanks required brother[:)]

A leading manufacturer of motorcycle crash protection, British firm R & G Engineered specifically for the Duke 200, the company’s Aero Crash Protectors are designed to bolt on to the main engine mounts of the bike and keep as much of the motorcycle’s flanks off the ground as possible during a crash. Constructed out of Polyethylene that scrubs rather than breaks during impact, the crash bobbins are held in place using steel bolts that will absorb the brunt of the force by bending rather than transmitting the shock to the bike itself.

Apart from crash bungs, the company also produces protection for the Duke 200’s engine cases, forks, radiator and exhaust. Oh, and the tail tidy kit will really lighten up your motorcycle’s rear end, so to speak. Check out Performance Racing Store for more details.

Attachments

KTM India has introduced a complementing orange colored protective outdoor cover for your Duke 200. It not only looks good but is also functional. According to the company the cover is made up of special fabric and is completely water proof. The protective cover doesn’t allow dust or condensation droplets to seep through to your bike. It also comes with a bag in which you can carry it around or store it properly. is suitable for all seasons of the year and saves you from other substances like salts, bird droppings etc.

KTM Duke Protective Cover Price

The bike cover is priced at Rs 720 currently and the company clearly tells that this is the introductory price as of now. It is available at KTM dealers all across the country.

Attachments

Attachments

The KTM ASC at Trivandrum is such a sorry excuse compared to the one seen here in the picture. Just take a look. I wonder if they even have a diagnostic tool[confused]
That's horrible, the Garage next to my house seem to be better equipped than this. Are you happy with their service so far?

That's horrible, the Garage next to my house seem to be better equipped than this. Are you happy with their service so far?
Not really, But then again I've just done one service. I'm waiting for the Cochin KTM Store to open. Heard there might be two different stores there, One might start functioning in a month or so possibly and it should be better off than the one at Trivandrum. Bajaj can sell atleast triple the number of Dukes plus they can also double the number of Ninjas on the road in Kerala as Cochin is the most happening place in Kerala.

Last edited:
Not really, But then again I've just done one service. I'm waiting for the Cochin KTM Store to open. Heard there might be two different stores there, One might start functioning in a month or so possibly and it should be better off than the one at Trivandrum. Bajaj can sell atleast triple the number of Dukes plus they can also double the number of Ninjas on the road in Kerala as Cochin is the most happening place in Kerala.
Agree with you Cochin generates good amount of sales when it comes to Luxury good's, I am very surprised to know that till date Bajaj never had a pro-biking showroom in Cochin.
as you mentioned once the dealership get's operational Bajaj is bound to see their sales number's increasing in the state.

KTM India has introduced the KTM Raceline Sticker Set for the highly popular 200 Duke. Owners of the very capable Katoom can now pimp up their ride with this set of more than 20 stickers and give the bike a la Factory Racing livery. The set consists of stickers for fuel tank, front shock absorbers, rear seat cowl, engine cowl and even for the frame & rims. A sticker set of Raceline stickers can be bought for an introductory price of Rs. 4560.

KTM India is organizing a unique event for the Duke 200 owners in India. The event, christened Orange Day involves a track day, race clinic, service camp and a stunt show. So for all those of you who love riding to the limits, the event could be a great opportunity to learn from the experts, get your bike in shape, and finally, end it on a grand note by feasting your eyes on some spectacular bike stunts.

Orange day would take place on 2nd of September, from 7 am to 12 noon at Downtown Racing, S R No. 5, Beside Ganga Constella, Near Eon IT Park. Kharadi, Pune. You can send a tinkle on 8149442920 for further details. Event is open only for Duke owners.

BAJAJ AUTO HOMOLOGATES THE KTM DUKE 200 FOR MOTORSPORT USE IN INDIA

Racing lies at the heart of Austrian motorcycle maker, KTM’s philosophy, what with the brand having established itself as a motorcycle maker par excellence, firstly through its motocross bikes, before it branched out into building motorcycles for the street. Why, KTM’s “Ready to Race” tag line too reflects the brand’s close association with racing across the world. In line with this, the Duke 200, KTM’s first product for India is all set to enter the world of Indian motorsport. Bajaj Auto has just homologated the KTM Duke 200, a motorcycle from its Austrian partner KTM, that it manufactures at the Chakan plant, off Pune.

The homologation has been carried out by the premier motorsport regulatory body of the country, Federation of Motorsport Control in India, known as FMSCI. This is expected to result in more rallyists to use the KTM Duke 200 in rallying events like the upcoming 2013 Raid De Himalaya and the Desert Storm. The KTM Duke 200, which comes with a very potent engine and chassis package has already claimed top honors at the Mughal Rally that was held a couple of months ago, giving motorsport buffs a glimpse of its abilities.
While Bajaj Auto has been conducting Orange Days, in the bigger Indian cities, which involves the assembly of KTM Duke owners and informal super moto races being conducted, the FMSCI homologation could take this to the next levels. In India, companies like Yamaha, Honda and TVS Motors have one make races, which while giving motorcycle enthusiasts an opportunity to push their motorcycles to the limit on a race track is also a way in which budding motorcycle racing talent can be developed. Bajaj Auto, thus far has conducted workshops for Kawasaki Ninja owners but is yet to foray into the one-make racing category.

Given that Bajaj Auto and KTM plan to launch a slew of high performance motorcycles, a trend that began with the Pulsar 200 NS and the Duke 200, it is a logical step for the companies to move into motorcycle racing into a big way to promote their products, as has been the case with high performance motorcycle makers worldwide. The year 2013 will see the launch of the likes of the KTM Duke 375 and the Bajaj Pulsar 375, two motorcycles that are expected to take the Indian performance motorcycle segment to a level hitherto unseen.

Bajaj Auto homologates the KTM Duke 200 for motorsport use in India | IndianCarsBikes.in

Top Bottom