Bajaj Boxer 150 or Something Else?

Thread Starter #1
Presently I am using Bajaj CT100 for the past 6 years. Now I want to upgrade my bike to 150cc bike. Presently I am considering to buy Bajaj Boxer 150. Please review my decision of buying this guy

My usages
City drives -2 ~3 trips week – 50 ~80 kms per trip
Long drives - 4~5 trips per year – 150~200 kms per trip
Very long drives – 1~2 per year – more than 200 ~ 700 kms per trip (Not done so far. But willing to do)
My driving habit is relaxed drive. Speed is not so important factor for me. But power matters.

Why I Boxer:
150CC at lower price. (value for money?)
Absence of unnecessary plastic parts.
Comfortable with Bajaj brand

What worrying me:
I have never seen this Boxer 150 in road. (failure model??)
No disc brake at front wheel
Discover 150 can be brought by just spending 8k more.

Guys, Plsase put your views here to review my decision

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Bajaj Boxer 150 or something else

I do not find any harm in Boxer150 if pocket allows this. This should be a good and low maintenance bike with better FE.

But I suggest, do a compare with Discover as it may have Front Disc brake as well good handle bar accessories like switches and consoles.

To be honest, till date I have not seen any Boxer150 in Bangalore but this bike looks sturdy and manly. But at the end your budget, choice and instinct matter.

I have seen this bike around kerala, a small no frills bike. But the mileage will be much lesser than CT100. It is not built as a high speed performance bike so a drum break can suffice.

I too agree with Ertiga_Zmr. I also want to suggest you to go for Discover as it is better than Boxer in style & performance both. Both are of almost same price & the mileage of discover is also a little better than boxer.

If power is your sole criteria then stick to 150CC bike else you can also consider Hero Igniter a new 125cc.

Tutu Dhawan an Auto Expert was praising about this bike and I guess it has around 11 BHP which is at least 4 BHP more than your current CT100. You will definitely feel it.

My personal experience, Bajaj Bikes are having some positive points as High Pickup, Good FE and low cost spare parts but these bikes are good only for 4 years after that you will notice the ageing. I owned Calliber Croma till 0-16000 KM then upgraded to Pulsar till 0-36000Km.

I feel one should go truly based on the allocated budget and to a product which is there in market in good numbers so that you should have issue with spare parts. Stick to any one of these brand Hero, Bajaj, Honda and Yamaha.

Boxer was launched mainly as a bike which can take more luggage and targeted solely in Tier 2 cities that is the one of the main reason why we don't get to see many Boxer's in Major citie's if you can extend your budget i would say Discover 150 would make more sense

Thread Starter #8
My personal experience, Bajaj Bikes are having some positive points as High Pickup, Good FE and low cost spare parts but these bikes are good only for 4 years after that you will notice the ageing. I owned Calliber Croma till 0-16000 KM then upgraded to Pulsar till 0-36000Km.

Yes Me too experienced the Ageing factor with CT100.

Loner, amitrajput, Ertiga, Visran - Thanks for your inputs guys. It seems most of you favored towards Discover 150. I ll storngly consider your views.

you can also check out the newly launched Discover125ST which is technologically more advanced and a better over all product

Boxer is a good bike, simple 150cc no frill bike for tier2-3 city, but somehow people dont like the bike even though it is a cheap 150cc bike, i personally dont like bajaj because they keep on changing their models, So on the long run spares will be a problem.

For e.g Yamaha has 100cc Crux which sells in low volume but then also Yamaha not changed its model from last 10 years or so. but i case of bajaj you cant say when they will discountinue their model

Siva,

For your kind of usage, if budget is not a problem then, look at the following

Pulser 150, Discover 150, Suzuki GS 150, HH CBZ extreme

If budget is tough, then

Bajaj boxer 150 is just perfect, I agree with Visran as it is not seen in cities, I have seen lot of them in tier 2 towns. It is called as a rough and tough with good performance. but in this case do not think of any good resale value for this, use it till you encounter bigger problems and sell it for whatever you get out of it !!

Top Bottom