Bajaj Auto Aims To Boost Sales of Pulsar

350Z

Core Team
The Bajaj Pulsar gets yet another variant in the form of the 220 S. The S stands for street like the F stands for faired. The new 220 variant is the evil twin of the now defunct Pulsar 200. At Rs. 76,000/- the Pulsar 220 S costs Rs. 3000 less than its F sibling. Everything else remains the same except the headlight and the exhaust canister. Many enthusiasts are not impressed with the 220 S, but at this price point other manufacturers are offering 150cc machines.

Source: Motorbeam

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

A naked 220 should be interesting ... the other version has had the same looks for a long long time!!

Most Bajaj owners actually complain of too frequent changes to the vehicle (kills the resale value) and product discontinuations!!

Thread Starter #20
Hmm.. Its not Bajaj owners!

Just consider yourself buying any vehicle, and after 3 months, if they launch new model & discontinue your, what will happen ?

You can't even think about selling it.

Absolutely true ... but Bajaj has made it more of a habit than the other manufacturers.
How many versions of the Splendour are there anyway, over all the years that they have sold them in millions?? [:)]

Rather than facelifting the bike so frequently they should launch it with a new fresh face so that they dont have to come with facelifts every month.

I feel 220 will be the last Pulsar with the current bodies.

Next bike is sure shot a 250cc to compete with Ninja (Honda,etc who are planning to launch 250cc bikes) & it definitely will have a different look.

Bajaj Auto launches Pulsar 150’s 2010 edition and Pulsar 220 DTS-i

Cut and paste from a news article.

Indian auto company Bajaj Auto has announced the launch of Pulsar 220 DTS-I's new variant in the market.

The model is available in Midnight Black, Plasma Blue, Cocktail Red & Mist Grey Silver colors. It comes with a price tag of Rs. 68,498 (Ex-showroom New Delhi). The new variant features naked styling and retains the performance of the earlier model.

The bike is powered by a 21.4PS engine with 19.2Nm of torque. The Engine's kerb weigth has been reduced to 148 kg in order to attain a better power to weight ratio.

The steer fighter has soft compound tubeless tyres with disc brakes which gives it unmatchable ability on the road. The bike can attain top speed of 144 kmph and it can go from 0-60 kmph in almost 4 sec.

A company release has said, "Biking aficionados in country are divided in 2 groups for their preference in motorcycle design. Followers of the 'Faired Bikes' have the existing version of Pulsar 220 DTS-i at their disposal whereas for catering to the other group of 'Street Fighter lovers' Bajaj Auto has launched a new variant of Pulsar 220 DTS-i."

The company also launched the 2010 version of its popular bike Pulsar 150. The new version has increased power & further styling enhancement. The bike is Rs 500 more expensive than its earlier version.

True.
(excluding the LS, I am not considering it a part of the Pulsar stable yet!!)
60K to 69K with 3 engine capacities slotted in between.
Bajaj is making life difficult for the competition!!

Thread Starter #29
This is one of the best Ad from Pulsar ever.

I saw this in star movies before 2 weeks & just awesome.

Thought of posting it in Best Ads thread!

Top Bottom