Bad News! Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued.

Thread Starter #1
Dear Experts,

Today I called for final quotation from Concord and Prerana Motors, Bangalore and got a shook!

Fiat is discontinuing Punto 1.4 Emotion from this month. Is it true? Can anybody confirm? Fiat confirmed this! :( Only GP 1.4 E (pack) will be there.

They may also add the ABS+EBD ...etc in GP 1.2 E.

Please tell me what should I do? I had finalized to buy GP 1.4 E :( , cannot afford GP 1.4 E+.

My 80% use will be for week-end long drive with max. 5 person. (20% : for emergency perpous only). Not much city Drive.

As GP 1.2 L is only 68 PS ... so should I look for some other car ? (Need the car in July 2011.)

Thanks,

Did both the dealers tell the same thing?

Can somebody from TAI confirm this?

If this is true and you are sure you want only Punto go ahead with the 1.2L engine , its more than enough for our Indian roads!

Thread Starter #3
Dear cooldhaya,

Yes I called Fiat and they also confirmed this.

But not sure about the following :

adding the ABS+EBD ...etc in GP 1.2 E or will intro GP 1.3 Emotion pack?

My only concern is as 1.2 has only 68 PS so is it enough to pull the car with 5 person (full load) in the highway? Is it not underpowered?

basis, just check with all the dealers in bangalore, someone might have in stock.

And for 1.2, better to drive yourself and see if you feel it underpowered. If not, 1.2E(Pack), if it comes, should be excellent VFM.

Thread Starter #6
@RSM,

My buying plan is in July, 2nd week. So I cannot boot a 1.4 E right now.

Fiat might come with GP 1.2 E+ consisting of ABS+EBD, airbag, blue-me......to challange figo....

Can you pl. let me know wht do u mean by "underpowered" car? How can I feel/test it?

@jayadev,

No, Fiat not stopping GP 1.4 but stopping 1.4 emotion. emotion pack will be there (7.3 L in bangalore)

there will be no GP T-jet (likely)

Top Bottom