Avoid Haiku Honda (2-Wheeler), Bangalore!

Thread Starter #1
Story -

This is not a new experience for me. It was few years ago but thought of sharing it as I am newly active on this platform.

I purchased Honda Stunner from Haiku Honda Old Airport Road and had worst experience with them. I wasn't aware of PDI and its importance that time and thought its a Honda everything would be taken care of [embarass]

First day, when I went, a very rude and arrogant SA met me and said they have only 2 colors Silver and Black both of which were on display. I was really a fan of the looks, fairing and cheap price of Stunner so thought of going ahead with it. I mentioned him clearly I want a new piece, he said they have in their stockyard. I asked him to show but he denied saying that we don't show bikes in our stockyard. I said ok I would wait and order for new piece from company and he warned me it would take minimum 3 months or more because of some production problem. I checked with another dealer nearby and they said no stock of stunner so finally agreed to pay money to Haiku. I gave him 1000rs booking but he said since vehicle is readily available pay atleast 30K and I paid him and got it invoiced.

Next day paid the remaining amount. After 2days he said vehicle is available and registered. I went to check the new bike but it didn't look like brand new to me. Someone was polishing the bike. No plastics nothing. And it looked the same one which was on display [frustration]. When checked with that illiterate SA, he said the display bike is given to some guy in dealership :mad: yesterday.

Bike odometer wasn't much but we all know how easy it is for them to disconnect the cable. From then after experiencing the bike, it has given me lot of issues. Very very undergeared and runs on too high rpm, engine feels stressed above 60 like it would blast and gives very low FE 35-36 kmpl even on a 125cc bike. It looks like manufacturing defect from Honda. I tried calling Honda Bangalore office but no one ever picked up or responded.

One more ugly thing happened was during bike puja, Pandit applied lot of Haldi on bike headlight and it became yellow. It wasn't going and I tried using Tarpin/Turpentine oil and glass cracked slightly even though yellowish tone fainted considerably. I thought of taking revenge from the showroom. I went there and shouted that you have given me a cracked glass bike. They thought its because of display piece and changed the glass from another display Stunner. I was happy for this atleast.

I went to their service center and complained about this issue but all bike service centers are the same. They would do just regular washing and tune the race adjustment for FE thats it so didn't had any good experience with their service centers as well.

Next time if buying a Honda 2 wheeler in Bangalore please avoid Haiku Honda Showrooms.

Moral of the Story -
- PDI is very important for any vehicle (Main).
- Don't blindly trust any brand, any model.
- Test drive vehicles are tuned for a fine ride.
- Check dealer reputation online/offline before buying

Re: Avoid Haiku Honda (2 wheeler), Bangalore!

Buddy,

I am actually surprised Stunner is still being sold. I did not see Stunner in Silicon Honda nor in Anand Honda for some time now. I have been there a few times when buying Activa and CBR for a friend and relative recently. So, my guess is that in all probability he has given you the showroom piece.

When we are taking delivery in a day, we too have paid 1/3 amount. I did this in Hero Showroom a few years back. Nothing out of the ordinary here. My brother too paid a relatively large sum when booking his bike. He got the bike in matter of days. So, I dont see anything out of the ordinary in paying a large amount as booking.

All bikes in the stockyard will be gathering dust. They will be no where near new condition. Many times, mirrors would be broken when transporting and they fix that before delivering. Many manufacturers dont even fix the mirrors and other appendages. They are fixed at the dealer level. Polishing is always done before delivering to customer. So, nothing of the ordinary here again.

I have driven Stunner extensively 6 years back. Bike trips and all. Stunner revs high, the engine feels stressed beyond 70kph and the fuel economy was never more than 35km/L. Its a torquey engine with a good low end torque.

No comments on the Haldi issue. If its my bike, I will tell the pandit what to do and not to do.

I am not expert but if one complains about mileage, tuning the carburetor is only thing that can be done. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Avoid Haiku Honda (2 wheeler), Bangalore!

Buddy,

I am actually surprised Stunner is still being sold. I did not see Stunner in Silicon Honda nor in Anand Honda for some time now. I have been there a few times when buying Activa and CBR for a friend and relative recently. So, my guess is that in all probability he has given you the showroom piece.

When we are taking delivery in a day, we too have paid 1/3 amount. I did this in Hero Showroom a few years back. Nothing out of the ordinary here. My brother too paid a relatively large sum when booking his bike. He got the bike in matter of days. So, I dont see anything out of the ordinary in paying a large amount as booking.

All bikes in the stockyard will be gathering dust. They will be no where near new condition. Many times, mirrors would be broken when transporting and they fix that before delivering. Many manufacturers dont even fix the mirrors and other appendages. They are fixed at the dealer level. Polishing is always done before delivering to customer. So, nothing of the ordinary here again.

I have driven Stunner extensively 6 years back. Bike trips and all. Stunner revs high, the engine feels stressed beyond 70kph and the fuel economy was never more than 35km/L. Its a torquey engine with a good low end torque.

No comments on the Haldi issue. If its my bike, I will tell the pandit what to do and not to do.

I am not expert but if one complains about mileage, tuning the carburetor is only thing that can be done. Please correct me if I am wrong.
First point, I already mentioned its an old story few years ago. Its not being sold now. In my case it could hardly be called booking as I paid whole amount next day out of my ignorance. I never went to stockyard so I am definitely not complaining against that. Recently I purchased Tiago and before that i10 but cars were in pristine condition even in the stockyards!
I am not complaining about polishing, its just that they polished because bike was not looking new not sure why you see that as complain [frustration]
The problem is of cheating and getting a bike not asked for! I explicitly mentioned I don't want the display pieces kept. And in most probability, they would have used it by disconnecting odo cable but I can't confirm.

Leave alone Haldi part since its not a complaint agaist the dealer, it was something that flows with the story.
About mileage, have checked with multiple people and hardly anyone got less than 45kmpl whoever I checked with. I could have afforded a Cbr 250 in a slightly lesser mileage if I knew before [cry]

I have been to multiple service stations/shops no tuning helped. I changed front sprocket from unicorn which helped marginally but last servicing they told sprocket has to be changed and again my FE came around 35.

Oops! Missed the few years ago part
I never bought from Hyundai or Tata. So, I cant say anything there. In my little experience, I always found the vehicle covered in dust. Mind you, I personally chose the car (Ford) and bike (Hero Honda) from the yard. Maybe, it was just me.

I never got beyond 35km/L in the Stunner (2010). Heck! I didnt get more than 42km/L in my Unicorn (2009). Again, it could be my style of driving.

I am not sure if this is a coincidence but, our FNG too asked my cousin brother to change the sprocket for his FZ as it had worn out. I think it is not related fuel economy. Yamaha service person said its not required. Somehow, I feel these FNG guys are running a scam with changing the sprocket.

Anyway, I concur with you that some of these service centres are pretty bad. Finding the right service person close to our homes is indeed quite a task

HI Guys,
I brought newly Honda unicorn 2017, i wanted to give for first free service
need to know good service center, i herd very bad reviews about haiku service, Tansi marathalli
is mixed reviews , tansi whitefield too is mixed but most of it as positives. so i have booked service
with tansi whitefield. please suggest if this will be right choice , i dont want my new baby to get screwed up.

Thread Starter #7
HI Guys,
I brought newly Honda unicorn 2017, i wanted to give for first free service
need to know good service center, i herd very bad reviews about haiku service, Tansi marathalli
is mixed reviews , tansi whitefield too is mixed but most of it as positives. so i have booked service
with tansi whitefield. please suggest if this will be right choice , i dont want my new baby to get screwed up.
Yes Tansi is better than Haiku which is worst. After all free services are done better goto road side good shop.

Top Bottom