Automotive Smartphone Applications

Thread Starter #1
In this thread, let's share all the automotive related smartphone applications out there! Every manufacturer is getting into the arena and launching their own apps. Share them all here.

[Edit]

Thread is live! First post from my side is here

ASTON MARTIN LAUNCHES PREMIUM ‘EXPERIENCE’ APP FOR THE IPHONE

The James Bond-pampering British automaker, Aston Martin will now pamper users of the iphone with their cool app which it calls Premium ‘Experience’. It builds on Aston Martin’s earlier app ‘Explore’ which was released in December 2010. The new app sports cutting edge features that Aston Martin says are ‘designed to meet the exceptional standards of engineering, luxury and quality synonymous with the iconic British marque’.

Standout features include

Ignition – Experience the distinctive Aston Martin start-up exhaust note.
Accelerator – Your phone is your accelerator. Rev ‘em up and indulge your ears in pure ecstasy of engine notes of V8 & V12 Vantage, DB9, DBS, Rapide and the One-77.
Top Roads – Discover some of the best driving roads, complete with route information and checkpoint to share the experience.
Speedometer – Thanks to the motion sensors, the iphone, with a little help from satellites and inbuilt GPS will measure your car’s speed and reproduce it on screen.
City Guide – Hg2, A Hedonist’s Guide, highlights of 40 of the world’s coolest cities with the full London guide included-find the best bars, restaurants, hotels with GPS and checkpoint to share the experience. Its like your own travel guide sitting cosily in your pocket.
Telemetry – Using the accelerometers and gyroscope display the G Force placed on the vehicle with a 0-60 timer and sharing functions.
On board camera – Transform your iPhone into an onboard camera; augment an overlay of key driving data into your view. Record your videos to make your own road movie! Apps just don’t get better than this.

Push notification will allow users to see all the latest Aston Martin news and exclusive content as well as all updates via the company’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

The Aston Martin Experience app is available from iTunes store now priced at £3.49 / $5.99.

Source : http://www.autotechblog.org/

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Re: Smartphone Applications

@type-r - why don't you type in the links and information on the apps you have mentioned?

@mastersquall - There are lots of apps on every platform including Android although I must say that ios is the leader so far at least when it comes to apps.

Rolls Royce also released their new iPhone app for free of charge.

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars today announced the Rolls-Royce Phantom App is now available on the App Store. The Rolls-Royce Phantom App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch allows clients and Rolls-Royce enthusiasts to create highly bespoke virtual models, including the ability to apply unique colour and interior trim combinations. The Rolls-Royce Phantom App also features an image gallery showcasing bespoke features such as seat piping, veneer inserts, humidor and picnic sets.

Rolls-Royce prides itself on a palette of 44,000 colours for Phantom and the app lets users create the most esoteric and individual of exterior finishes. The Bespoke Colour Match feature allows limitless and unique single and two-tone paint designs. Using an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch camera, users could capture – for example – the colour of a favourite lipstick or luggage then apply it directly to the exterior of their virtual Phantom. Nearly all Phantom buyers demand some bespoke elements for their cars and the Rolls-Royce Phantom App showcases many popular options. One example is starlight headliner, a feature where hundreds of illuminated optical fibres are woven into the roof lining of the chosen Phantom model. Users can experience this interior ambiance interactively, thanks to the app’s ability to turn up or down the degree of illumination.

The Rolls-Royce Phantom App features 360-degree exterior views and three interior angles from the front, side and rear seat. It can be used to configure Phantom, Phantom Coupé and Phantom Drophead Coupé and follows the launch of the Rolls-Royce Ghost App in March last year. Rolls-Royce Phantom and Rolls-Royce Ghost Apps are available free of charge from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at Connecting to the iTunes Store.

Attachments

yup i know this. I had it before. It was pretty cool. I like the Aston app in the first post. I used it in a friend's iTouch.

350Z

Core Team

Hyundai has also released an iPhone application for their New Fludic Verna in which one can know about all the features of the car and view it 360 Degree inside out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This thread will have informations about interesting Mobile applications. The viewers can also Post about

1. Clarifications on Mobile Application.
2. Requesting an Mobile Application.
3. Showcase your Mobile Application.
4. Promote an Mobile Application.

There found a quite interesting Mobile Application for Chennai People who use to commute via Chennai Metropolitan buses everyday.

The Mobile Application Named as "GO! Chennai"

Go! Chennai is an application for finding the buses from source location to another location or destination location in Chennai.

The bus route and stage information is sourced directly from Chennai Metropolitan Official website. It will be adding more information to this application.

The quite interesting feature in this application is made to work offline hence even with out internet, users can find out the bus routes for their destinations. Liking It!!..

It got 4.4 average star Rating in the Google Play

Please click the link below to download the Application.

Go Chennai.

The innovative Mahindra BLUE SENSE® APP connects with the infotainment system of the XUV500 & can control features of the infotainment system. Vital information related to climate control, alerts, TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) etc can also be seen
The App is supported on Android phones and it is for W8 model of the XUV500
Android devices typically work like Remote from anywhere inside the XUV500
A Video User Manual has also been added in the XUV500 infotainment system to explain the key features of the XUV500 – an industry first!

Download: Link

350Z

Core Team

Mahindra has introduced ‘Talk To Xylo’ app to highlight the voice command feature of Xylo. Apple users can download it here and Android fans from here for free.

Drive Safe,
350Z

this is certainly a useful thread. I was looking for some useful car apps on android.
Now, I believe I will get more n more apps when released in market from this thread! [:)]

this is certainly a useful thread. I was looking for some useful car apps on android.
Now, I believe I will get more n more apps when released in market from this thread! [:)]
Jihu123, here's something to whet your appetite (or perhaps you already have them!)

1. Torque - Its an app to display data taken from an bluetooth OBD reader. I use it with an ELM 327, connected to the OBD II port in my City.

Screenshot_2013-02-16-17-59-10.png

2. acar - An app to keep a track of expenses (Service, Fuel Ups etc.) Has the functionality of exporting it as an excel file or a csv file for archiving.

Screenshot_2013-02-16-17-59-58.png

3. Daily Roads Voyager - An app to make my Android device function as a Dash Cam. It has fairly good functionality for a free App. And it can play back recorded video with Lat/Long and speed overlay on the phone itself, though you will require their subscription to make a standalone video file with overlay. It functions only in Landscape mode, though.

Screenshot_2013-02-16-18-01-15.png

All these apps can be downloaded from Google Play Store.

Jihu123, here's something to whet your appetite (or perhaps you already have them!)

1. Torque - Its an app to display data taken from an bluetooth OBD reader. I use it with an ELM 327, connected to the OBD II port in my City.

View attachment 82500

2. acar - An app to keep a track of expenses (Service, Fuel Ups etc.) Has the functionality of exporting it as an excel file or a csv file for archiving.

View attachment 82501

3. Daily Roads Voyager - An app to make my Android device function as a Dash Cam. It has fairly good functionality for a free App. And it can play back recorded video with Lat/Long and speed overlay on the phone itself, though you will require their subscription to make a standalone video file with overlay. It functions only in Landscape mode, though.

View attachment 82502

All these apps can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
Well, thanks for posting these up.
1 - never used OBD & don't know probably what it is other than hearing it few times
2 - will try it out this week or so [:)]
3 - that's interesting. But, its gonna drain the battery like hell! :sad:

3 - that's interesting. But, its gonna drain the battery like hell! :sad:
Very true. And that applies to most Android Apps which keep the screen ON including Google Maps. Only way is one has to use it with a charger connected to 12V socket of your car!

Top Bottom