Auto Sales Executives – Are they Informed Enough?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Firstly let me clear off that this topic is solely based on my own personal experience. It doesn’t intends to offend or demoralize a community in whole.
All right. Yesterday I payed a genuine visit to three car dealerships. Ford, Chevrolet and Maruti Suzuki. Had a fantastic time in the former two but the experience with Maruti Suzuki was surprisingly unusual. I was checking out the cars until a lady sales executive came and asked what car I was interested in. I told the budget and asked to list out the cars that fall under it. While explaining us about the features, pricing etc. she appeared to be somewhat nervous and it looked as if most of the details she was telling were just mugged up.

We wrapped up the conversation and walked out of the showroom. However, it left me thinking are most of the sales executive just speak out whatever they learnt during the staff briefing? Ask them a different question, they would usually either try to change the topic, provide incorrect information or go to their senior to find out the answer. Are they even interested enough in their job or is it all happening just for the $$$?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Female Sales Executives - Are they Confident Enough?

well, the sales lady that convined my dad to get a civic was mind-blowingly well informed. though now she has left the job but still, it left a very good impression.

i will always give thumbs down for female se.
some of them make me feel as if i am shopping for cutlery and dishwashers in car showroom.

when it comes down to cars and bikes generally it is not sufficient to be just well informed about specs in paper.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team

To add another strange point – when I questioned about the variant with ABS and Airbags, her answer was that it is pointless to spend additional Rs.50,000 for such things, because you’ll hardly need them! I mean come on man, this was shocking. :eek:

Drive Safe,
350Z

This varies upon dealer to dealer IMO! Personally i have seen knowledgeable female SE'S in Nissan , Skoda and Honda. They we good and answered almost all my questions to my satisfaction.

Female SE'S in TATA-Fiat were just average and just vomit the mugged up points! Even Toyota is just about okay. And of course as i said this varies from dealer to dealer!

To add another strange point – when I questioned about the variant with ABS and Airbags, her answer was that it is pointless to spend additional Rs.50,000 for such things [surprise], because you’ll hardly need them! I mean come on man, this was shocking. :eek:

Drive Safe,
350Z
But for me this option of airbag was not on cards, even after opting for top end version.
2 things i really miss is 4WD & Airbags [frustration].

this made me remember . when i asked at tata dealer . how is 4WD in safari . her comments "Sir,Safari doesn't need it 4WD they are no use"[frustration]

should mention it:

in hyundai showroom for i20,when i asked her i want to see the interiors , after a long wait of 15 minutes she bought me brochure and said you can look at it.
when i said i want to see it in real not in papers she took me to i10 and said it is almost similar. i went back and pointed to her that this is i10 not i20 , she apologised and took me to i20 and before i could grasp a breath she started narrating its feature like sitting in a restaurant and waiter speaks out what all things are in menu .

i personally prefer to deal with male executives. i can deal with them much better than females.

Way back in 2002 when i went to buy my zen diesel ,it was handled by a lady representative very very efficiently and well informed.No problem what so ever, same goes with my ex- mercedes .

Ignorant and foolish representatives exist ,male or female does not matter.

What all problems mentioned in the above posts were faced by me even with male SA

AMG

Suspended

BTW, what are you booking, Vibhor? [confused]

To add another strange point – when I questioned about the variant with ABS and Airbags, her answer was that it is pointless to spend additional Rs.50,000 for such things, because you’ll hardly need them! I mean come on man, this was shocking. :eek:

Drive Safe,
350Z
was she really the dealer [confused] i mean who would say that .i thought all they want is to make as much profit as possible?

dealers compromise with female SE prime reason; lower remuneration!!
Yes, lower remuneration is a factor and yes one more thing is eye candy(let's except this fact guys, I am not exaggerating). People do feel that having females in their sales does help their business.

Last edited by a moderator:

when I questioned about the variant with ABS and Airbags, her answer was that it is pointless to spend additional Rs.50,000 for such things, because you’ll hardly need them! I mean come on man, this was shocking.
This is the attitude of a lot of Male sales persons too. Therefore I agree with the below.
Ignorant and foolish representatives exist ,male or female does not matter.
BTW, what are you booking, Vibhor? [confused]
Depends which female is able to create the best impression:lol!:

Top Bottom