Auto Rickshaw Scratched on Front Bumper

Re: Auto Rickshaw Scratched on Front Bumper. Help!

Ford service centre or for that matter any reputed painter wont paint half of the bumper as it will clearly show a mismatch in the new & old (faded) paint. They will only paint the full bumper.
Raj, as said before; we have done partial painting of front bumper for Figo earlier this year (two months ago)! It costed us 1000/- odd rupees, believe it or not it does not show any mismatch. I will post a picture over the weekend for your perusal.
Thanks Guys for all the suggestions. I will go to the ford service center and enquire about partial painting of the front bumper.

thanks
I will PM you the workshop where I got the partially painting job done. Also the service adviser's name.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17

Hi Guys
Today I called up Ford Dealer and he told me that the whole bumper if replaced will cost 4000 and painting the bumper (full) will cost 4500 INR

I dont understand this. The price is too steep

Re: Auto Rickshaw Scratched on Front Bumper - Help.

Ask him the price of the bumper with painting.

He is, most probably, quoting the price of only the bumper. Painting would be extra. Confirm this.

Hi Guys
Today I called up Ford Dealer and he told me that the whole bumper if replaced will cost 4000 and painting the bumper (full) will cost 4500 INR

I dont understand this. The price is too steep
That is insane! This needs a reality check with the body shop guys.

Am curious to know which dealer you are talking about?

Thread Starter #20
That is insane! This needs a reality check with the body shop guys.

Am curious to know which dealer you are talking about?
Hi
I am talking about Talera Motors Chichwad

I also got suggestions to do the painting job from avanthi motors wagholi. Any idea on them?

Car scratched

Hi everyone this is my first post on the forum(unfortunately its about my car having a big scratch).[frustration]

I am now left with a scratch on my left lower mudguard(rear) of my silky silver WagonR.It probably happened last sunday when i got it parked in our church's parking lot.There are some remains of red paint (of the other unknown car) on my car.I am really sad and I want to know how much it will cost me to get it mented.I am attaching some of its photos here.[cry]

Please give me your valuable suggestions.I am living near Kottayam and want to know whether a touch up for this scratch will cost me above Rs. 1000 .Can a body polishing remove these.[cry]

Attachments

If the impact hasn't reached your paint which appears to be the case then a nice rubbing job would do away with almost whole of the red paint. Anyhow it is too small a patch so I wouldn't suggest a complete paint job due to cost factor. Just get the impacted area rubbed nicely and then polished. If you still find scratches then you can use those scratch remover pen things.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #26
Hi Guys
Today I got the first servicing done of my car. Regarding the scratch the rep told me that they will do the painting of half bumper and the total cost will be 2500 INR
so Guys should i go ahead with it or try local painting shops?

Advice pls :-)

If you go to a good local paint shop, it should cost u about 2000 to get the full bumper painted, probably even lower. Just get a proper paint match done.

How good are these Scratch removers? I have few on my Bumper too. Rubbing job did not fix them. Any suggestions on what to ask and where to buy? Paint shop?

Has anyone done that before I mean Painted the full bumper and how much does it cost?
My White front bumper on my swift had a dent below the bumper thanks to a huge rock & some paint missing near numb plate area thanks to my friends dog that along with lot of deep scratches & cut on the rear bumper i was charged 4500 & work is pretty good.

So could say 2300 for a decent overcoat with slight repairs per bumper & less than this if just some deep marks,but it will cost more if you want to remove the complete old paint etc

for my verna, a local paint shop guy gave me a quote of 2000 to paint the whole bumper with the exact paint shade, i had done denting on my doors in the earlier days and it was as good as original hyundai on the other hand charges 4500 and over that the consumables and taxes etc and would take more time. So some paint shop guys are really good and cheap.

Top Bottom