Auto Lock Function in Ford Fiesta Classic

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys
I want to know if we have the Auto Lock Feature available in Ford fiesta classic SXI 1.6?

Does the central locking engage automatically when the car sets off?
I checked and it does not work.
I have to manually push the lever on my window and then all the doors get locked.

Thanks

Re: Auto Lock Ford Fiesta Classic

Hi Big Daddy,

A feature like that is there in fiesta which i cant say serve any purpose.

Do the following.
lock the car.
leave for some time.
Then unlock the car.
after 3 mins it gets locked again automatically. Not during the first instance you close the door :)

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

My dealer told that the door automatically lock after a certain speed (I think 30 Kmph) which I didn’t tested though. Just surf through the ownership manual and you will find more details about how to operate and tune the remote locking / central locking.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

My dealer told that the door automatically lock after a certain speed (I think 30 Kmph) which I didn’t tested though. Just surf through the ownership manual and you will find more details about how to operate and tune the remote locking / central locking.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hi
I think it doesnt work. I ran my Car at 80 KMPH but still the doors dont get locked automatically.
You have to manually lock all the doors by pressing the handle of the drivers seat.

Can any one of the classic owners please confirm?

Thanks

Hi Big Daddy,

A feature like that is there in fiesta which i cant say serve any purpose.

Do the following.
lock the car.
leave for some time.
Then unlock the car.
after 3 mins it gets locked again automatically. Not during the first instance you close the door :)
I think this feature is there in every car. This is a safety feature so that the car does not remain unlocked if you have accidentally pressed the unlock button.

If you press the unlock button and then open any of the doors, then it wont unlock.

Hi
I think it doesnt work. I ran my Car at 80 KMPH but still the doors dont get locked automatically.
You have to manually lock all the doors by pressing the handle of the drivers seat.

Can any one of the classic owners please confirm?

Thanks
I think you will have to activate the function. Check with the dealer.

I read it somewhere that you need to do some jugglery by pressing lock and unlock buttons on remote for several time in sequential manner but not recollecting the sequence it and not heard that any one has done this successfully

If this happen let all know the process. [thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
I read it somewhere that you need to do some jugglery by pressing lock and unlock buttons on remote for several time in sequential manner but not recollecting the sequence it and not heard that any one has done this successfully.
Here is how to reprogram a key (from manual):

You can change the unlocking function so that pressing the unlock button once deactivates the central locking or double locking disarms the anti-theft alarm and unlocks driver's doors. Pressing unlock button twice within three seconds also unlocks the passenger's doors. If you want the boot to be locked while driving, press the locking button on the driver's door to activate central locking. Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons on remote control simultaneously for at least four seconds with the ignition switched off. The indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been successfully reprogrammed. Pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds will again change the function back.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Fiesta Classic does not have auto lock function. Confirmed. As per manual, ‘auto lock’ refers to the function when there is no activity in the car and central locking activates automatically within 30 seconds or so.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fiesta Classic does not have auto lock function. Confirmed. As per manual, ‘auto lock’ refers to the function when there is no activity in the car and central locking activates automatically within 30 seconds or so.

Drive Safe,
350Z
This is a old thread to be awakened. The current Figo comes with auto lock but the earlier models did not. Is it possible to reprogram the older Fiesta? Anyone has done it on their Fiesta (Classic)?

This is a old thread to be awakened. The current Figo comes with auto lock but the earlier models did not. Is it possible to reprogram the older Fiesta? Anyone has done it on their Fiesta (Classic)?
We have a 2011 model of Figo. Its a mid variant. It has the auto lock feature. When the vehicle cross 30 KMPH speed, all the doors gets locked. And also, when you cross 30 KMPH, if you press the boot door switch, it does not function.

Last edited:
We have a 2011 model of Figo. Its a mid variant. It has the auto lock feature. When the vehicle cross 30 KMPH speed, all the doors gets locked. And also, when you cross 30 KMPH, if you press the boot door switch, it does not function.
It's 7 KMPH instead and not 30!

Top Bottom