Auto Expo 2012, New Delhi in Pragati Maidan

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Auto Expo 2012 may have a second venue within the capital region because the entire space at Pragati Maidan has been sold and there is a long queue of prospective participants outside. "We are contemplating a second location to accommodate the entire auto industry in an integrated manner," said Vishnu Mathur who heads the country's auto industry body. The Indian Auto Expo has become a priority destination for most automakers over the years when the country emerged the second fastest-growing car market and a global leader in truck and bus sales. But space is scarce.

The entire exhibition space at Pragati Maidan, which hosted all the 10 previous motor shows here, was sold in less than a week. And many multinationals are yet to ensure their participation in the world's largest motor show in attracting visitors. The venue has 55,000 square metre space, which is just about half of total demand, according to Mathur, director general of the Society of Indian Automobile Industry. The society jointly organises the show with industry body CII and auto component body ACMA. A person close to the organisers said Expo Mart at Noida could be the second venue that will accommodate component makers and ancillaries units. Space crunch had forced some big companies including Ford India to miss the previous auto show in 2010. There were several disruptions including cancellation of promotional events. The problem will be worse next year if Pragati Maidan remains the only venue, because there are more participants and there may be more visitors than last year's two million. There will also be 35 vehicle launches, 10 more than last time. Source: Economic Times

Re: Delhi Auto Expo may have 2 venues next year

i sincerely hope they sort out this issue cause this year it was huge chaos with auto expo where visitors were out of handle and so did the space, which is why they did announced a better organised venue for next auto expo, lets hope they does that.

Thread Starter #4

AMG

Suspended

Please no Noida/Gurgaon/Faridabad/Ghaziabad.

Better they keep the venue somewhere outside the city where there is less chaos and also keep the expo open for more days.

Re: New Delhi Auto Expo 2012 May Have Two Venues

well its good they are changing venue because now anybody comes at expo even if they dont know about cars or have any interest in them!! but going to two venues will become difficult for serious visitors..

Can anyone confirm dates ? I want to be in delhi to see expo.

350Z

Core Team

Auto Expo will happen from 7th to 12th January 2012. The venue is expected to remain the same. That is, Pragati Maidan.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks 350Z, Do you have more details like date when it will be open for public ? I will plan accordingly. I might come by car from pune [:)] Anyone from pune wants to join me ?

350Z

Core Team

Last time the schedule for general visitors was like as mentioned below, hopefully it will be on the similar lines this time too but I cannot confirm. However I shall keep this thread updated about further information on Auto Expo 2012.

- 7th, 8th, & 11th January 2010 (Weekdays): 1500 hrs to 1900 hrs
- 9th & 10th January 2010 (Weekend): 1000 hrs to 1900 hrs

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks 350Z, Do you have more details like date when it will be open for public ? I will plan accordingly. I might come by car from pune [:)] Anyone from pune wants to join me ?
not from pune but will sure meet you in delhi . But why car why not air plan or train it will be more comfortable or you are looking for some good long drive fun

I'm planning to visit Delhi with auto expo and to come by train there.[:)]

Hi ,

Auto-expo

the site is up and says - Open for Public from 7th January 2012 onwards.

Can anyone please confirm this so that we can book our tickets accordingly

Hi ,

Auto-expo

the site is up and says - Open for Public from 7th January 2012 onwards.

Can anyone please confirm this so that we can book our tickets accordingly
Can we book the tickets online or can we purchase at the venue?
and what would would be the price?

Top Bottom