Audio System Upgrade on Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Thread Starter #1

verna

Suspended
I have a Verna Fluidic 1.6 SX(O) CRDi stone beige colour. Amazing car :) Just three things I can say about the car to sum it all up - "VALUE FOR MONEY". I want to go in for an audio upgrade. Well, the car has an inbuilt audio system with 4 speakers + 2 tweeters which gives quite a goodish sound but not that kind of a " BOOM BOOM " sound expected from a cool car like this. I wanted to get a SONY XPLOD (1100 W bass tube) / JBL Bass Tube and a 4 channel Amplifier fitted to the system. Think it will do the trick !!

Now, I have never got an audio upgrade done to any of my previous cars so I am a little anxious how it is done and don't want to totally trust the mechanic and want to know a little bit about it. Guess the Bass tube will be fitted in the Boot of the car. Can the Amplifier be also fitted there itself (in the boot). P.S.My car is a sedan

What is the role of an Amplifier ?? Do we have to regularly fidget with the amplifier and do some settings kind of things? Because I had enquired once and one mechanic had told me that I will have to fit the amplifier under the front seat of the car...( I don't want to do that at all !!) I would be very comfortable with both the Bass-tube and the Amplifier in the boot.
Please Advise on how to go about it.
Thanks and Cheers !!!

Hi Verna,
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Since the ANHV, comes up with a double din unit, you want to check out Caska or Motevo. They come with the basic MP3 player, aux-in, USB and additional features like Touch Screen, Navigation, reverse camera. So, tell us your budget and depending on that, some of the experts will provide you some valuable suggestions.

Also, please go through this thread :
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-basic-information-car-entertainment-ice.html

Regards
Avinash

First of all do you want the BOOM BOOM to be heard outside for show-off or do you want to hear inside the car alone for enhancing your hearing experience?

And next with the stock Head unit i feel the amp and sub will not get the required power and justice , i would suggest an Head unit upgrade first. Single din or Double din depends on your requirement.

Amp can be fitted in boot itself , once fixed fitted and tuned properly it doesn't require any fiddling with at all.

Please tell us your budget and we will be able to guide you more effectively.

And i hope you have a professional installer with you , because installation is the key when it comes to ICE upgrade and always use only branded wiring , they do make a lot of difference in sound quality!

Thread Starter #4

verna

Suspended
Well, I want a good amount of bass in my car... for the listening pleasure inside... I have a double din music system with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters (4+2=6) factory fitted from the manufacturer.
What do you suggest ? What kind of a bass tube and an amplifier (2 channel or 4 channel)? Can they be both fitted in the boot of the car ?? And yeah, what do you recommend , getting these fitted at the dealership or a mechanic outside ??

And yeah, what do you recommend , getting these fitted at the dealership or a mechanic outside ??
I will leave the ICE suggestions to our gurus. However i would strongly suggest you to go with the installation at the dealership so as to avoid any warranty issues in future.

Well, I want a good amount of bass in my car... for the listening pleasure inside... I have a double din music system with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters (4+2=6) factory fitted from the manufacturer.
What do you suggest ? What kind of a bass tube and an amplifier (2 channel or 4 channel)? Can they be both fitted in the boot of the car ?? And yeah, what do you recommend , getting these fitted at the dealership or a mechanic outside ??

Like i said before with the stock system in the car , you wont get enough thump out of your sub. But still if you want to proceed , go ahead but mostly you wont be satisfied with the stock player.

Tell us your budget first because ICE is a very large field where you can have a setup for 10k upto 2Lakhs!

Yes both the bass tube and amplifier can be fitted inside the boot itself , no issues.

Well yes if you get it done from outside it will void all your electrical wiring warranty of your car. But i would say nothing much to worry , ICE is something which requires a very skilled and professional installer. Dealerships i don't think will be able to tune properly the amplifier.

Thread Starter #7

verna

Suspended
Budget around 10 K -15 K (max)....
Was thinking of JBL , Many say it scores over SONY... (But still I think when it comes to music and loudness and sound quality in music, thats subjective !!)
My Car Gives quite a decent sound quality with the stock player.... Think a Bass-tube and Amp will do the trick ;)

Thread Starter #8

verna

Suspended
Have you heard the sound quality of the Verna Fluidic cooldhaya ?? It is quite decent, I think .... Maybe a bass-tube and amp will be enough.
Don't want a disco in my car :) Its just a little more Bass, and a slightly louder/improved sound than before.... [:)]

Well okay then with 15k in hand you can go for a JBL bass tube and JBL 4 channel amplifier. Go for branded wiring kit and not the local ones.

No Sony in ICE , many of our members have complained before that Sony is not good when it comes to ICE , stay with JBL.

Thread Starter #10

verna

Suspended
Well okay then with 15k in hand you can go for a JBL bass tube and JBL 4 channel amplifier. Go for branded wiring kit and not the local ones.

No Sony in ICE , many of our members have complained before that Sony is not good when it comes to ICE , stay with JBL.
Well,Thanks !! I'll take some more advise from you and the other members when I get the fitting done. Audio fitting is something where the work needs to be perfect.

Yes exactly so i would recommend getting it done outside from a professional installer even though it will void your warranty.

Hyundai is not fussy about electricals like VW.
You would need a hi-low converter to get an amp installed.Its advised to change the headunit to have the desired output.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

verna

Suspended
What about this arrangement ??

(1)JBL GT5-1204BP
1100W 12"(300mm)
Band-Pass Subwoofer Box .

(2)JBL GT5-S422
300W 2-Channel Power Amplifier .

Think it would give give a good output and reasonable bass with the existing HU... (Frankly speaking, don't want to get rid of the existing HU just to get the extra BOOM [;)]).

Thread Starter #15

verna

Suspended
Would like to fiddle as less as possible with the new car... Whats the best JBL combo for the existing HU ??
What about this arrangement ??

(1)JBL GT5-1204BP
1100W 12"(300mm)
Band-Pass Subwoofer Box .

(2)JBL GT5-S422
300W 2-Channel Power Amplifier .

Attachments

Top Bottom