Audio System Upgrade on Hyundai Verna Fluidic

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
After 2 years my JBL GX - A644SI 4 channel amplifier is giving problems. For a month the rear speakers didn't work and after now the front speakers work but only for some time. The sound used to muffle up and then come back to normal and then again become distorted.
The installer said the amplifier is tripping and he also showed me the red light on the amplifier.

Anyone knows what could be the issue ? And any idea of what parts will replaced and the cost ?

The installer said the amplifier is tripping and he also showed me the red light on the amplifier.

Anyone knows what could be the issue ? And any idea of what parts will replaced and the cost ?
I believe the red LED mentioned above is the protection LED of the amp. Two work arounds:

1) Check is there any short circuit in the speaker wires. From the symptoms most probably this must be the issue. Remove any suspected cable and keep only other speakers and observe this problem is occurring again or not. If still not ok, then disconnect all the speaker cables and check the protection LED is still glowing red, if yes then its a problem with amplifier itself.

2) Is the distortion in sound coming when playing any particular genre of music?. May be it is a problem with high current draw playing high bass?. Turn off the bass boost switch and check still the sound is muffled.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even I was thinking the same since the sound was distorting and as far as I know if the amplifier trips it just stops working.
Will get it checked. Now the front left speaker is creating static noises even when the stereo is off. Will disconnect the amplifier power cable today.
Now the speaker works for 2-3 minutes then stops.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hello guys. I am here with another query.

I wanted to know if active subwoofers are successful for a sedan like Elantra ?

Some of you might know I have 4 components speakers , 1 four channel amp , 1 mono amp and a subwoofer in my verna and settings are not good and I get a headache listening at level 10 sound(out of 30) the speakers are too loud.

Elantra stock speakers are good for me at the highest levels but the bass is not that good so I was thinking of adding just an active subwoofer to take care of that need. Don't want to spend on a 4 channel amplifier plus component speakers.

What will be a good option for the Elantra ?
Active subwoofer or buying a mono amp and subwoofer seperately ?

Top Bottom