Audio System Upgrade on Hyundai Verna Fluidic

vikram

Suspended
Guys my new verna should be here in a week or two and i've decided to upgrade the ice since it dint sound great to me. My preference would be not to powerful to make the car vibrate and not underpowered. Clarity is the main concern. My choice of music is msotly trance and dads rock and a little bit of hindi. I plan to retain the head unit till i can get a caska. budget is around 25k can be increased a bit.
Thanx :)
Wow,nick.. We share something in common here ! I too am looking for an upgrade and not much for power but for clarity and quality sound where every single beat can be heard clearly and enjoyed. I was going through this thread with various suggestions starting from SONY, JBL to Rockford. Well, when it comes to sound quality, Rockford goes in the premium range. JBL follows with SONY trailing behind. It all depends on how much the customer is willing to pay. My budget is around 20K. Can't go beyond that (Now isn't 20K quite a bit just for music in a car?[:D] )
I don't think I can get Rockford within that. Maybe can just get the Prime line but not the Punch.
Can get a decent 12 inch JBL Sub and a 4 channel Amp though comfortably within 20K. I don't want to go for components. How about that ? How to go about it ? I think this arrangement will give me the results I want.

well for me trance music is extremely bassy and i like that feel only in my living room
as for car i just like bass to be produced without jarring and highs and mids to be accurate if i had to sleep in the car id not mind spending a lakh there :D
well jbl is fine i just came across this hertz amp and boy it seems amazing
Hertz EP4 4CH Car Amplifier Amp 100% NEW | eBay

and for components this
Hertz Component Speaker System - Dieci Series | eBay
the one i said esk is around 10k !!

Mods: forgive me if this is not allowed

Wow,nick.. We share something in common here ! I too am looking for an upgrade and not much for power but for clarity and quality sound where every single beat can be heard clearly and enjoyed. I was going through this thread with various suggestions starting from SONY, JBL to Rockford. Well, when it comes to sound quality, Rockford goes in the premium range. JBL follows with SONY trailing behind. It all depends on how much the customer is willing to pay. My budget is around 20K. Can't go beyond that (Now isn't 20K quite a bit just for music in a car?[:D] )
I don't think I can get Rockford within that. Maybe can just get the Prime line but not the Punch.
Can get a decent 12 inch JBL Sub and a 4 channel Amp though comfortably within 20K. I don't want to go for components. How about that ? How to go about it ? I think this arrangement will give me the results I want.
if you dont want too much of bass , you can buy 1 good 4 channel amp should cost you not more then 10k and for good speakers lets take 6k and jbl 12 inch sub 3.5k wiring 2k almost 22k.
if you are not adding component should buy 3 way speakers.. i prefer infinity over JBL. kappa series should be perfect for you

well jbl is fine i just came across this hertz amp and boy it seems amazing
Hertz EP4 4CH Car Amplifier Amp 100% NEW | eBay
if you convert ep4 price into Rs , it's almost 13k (279 $).. thats pretty expensive. I have got my 4 ch amp JBL gto1004 (150 rms * 4 ) in that price . Around 13.5 k , i purchased that amp. it has got all the features plus 1 preout too. if ep4 is priced around 10k , then it's a good deal i think so.

Last edited:

vikram

Suspended
if you dont want too much of bass , you can buy 1 good 4 channel amp should cost you not more then 10k and for good speakers lets take 6k and jbl 12 inch sub 3.5k... wiring 2k ... almost 22k...
if you are not adding component should buy 3 way speakers.. i prefer infinity over JBL. kappa series should be perfect for you

if you convert ep4 price into Rs , it's almost 13k (279 $).. thats pretty expensive. I have got my 4 ch amp JBL gto1004 (150 rms * 4 ) in that price . Around 13.5 k , i purchased that amp. it has got all the features plus 1 preout too. if ep4 is priced around 10k , then it's a good deal i think so.
What if I don't change the OEM speakers at all. I'll stick to them and go for a good 4 channel Amp(JBL) with a 12 inch Sub (JBL) and excellent wiring kit. I think it will be within 20 K with decent sound.

What if I don't change the OEM speakers at all. I'll stick to them and go for a good 4 channel Amp(JBL) with a 12 inch Sub (JBL) and excellent wiring kit. I think it will be within 20 K with decent sound.
i think as you need clarity , you must change OEM speakers. they are nothing but raw material and dont do any justice with 4 ch amp. it will be waste of money.
my suggestion for you -
1 - JBL - Product Support - GTO-504E - 280-Watt 4-Channel Full-Range Amplifier - 8k
2. - If oval -6k Infinity - Car Audio

OR

If - round -5k Infinity - Car Audio

3. Sub - 4k
JBL - GT5-10 - 250mm (10") Single-Voice-Coil Subwoofer

wiring -2k

total - 20 k. done.

but with these 4 ch amps , which can provide only 140 to 200 rms to subwoofer while they need 275 to 300 rms for best performance , you wont be getting the maximum punch from your woofer.

prices vary if its 12k i guess i wudnt mind but it seem to have fallen in love with it. about speakers ill check when they open the door panels. in my aveo i brot a 6 inch jbl comps n it dint fit in the door the window was obstructing it. had to fit it in the rear then and tweeters in front

oem speakers are not meant for amps they will jarr alot and may get damaged 20k is good budget do things in steps amps and speakers first then subs

Last edited:

vikram

Suspended
i think as you need clarity , you must change OEM speakers. they are nothing but raw material and dont do any justice with 4 ch amp. it will be waste of money.
my suggestion for you -
1 - JBL - Product Support - GTO-504E - 280-Watt 4-Channel Full-Range Amplifier - 8k
2. - If oval -6k Infinity - Car Audio

OR

If - round -5k Infinity - Car Audio

3. Sub - 4k
JBL - GT5-10 - 250mm (10") Single-Voice-Coil Subwoofer

wiring -2k

total - 20 k... done...

but with these 4 ch amps , which can provide only 140 to 200 rms to subwoofer while they need 275 to 300 rms for best performance , you wont be getting the maximum punch from your woofer.
I see. I'm actually very raw when it comes to Car Audio[:D]. whats the whole thing about rms ? you said that the 4 channel amp will give 140 to 200 while the woofer needs 275 to 300 for ultimate performance... I mean, then what's the solution ? Every problem has a solution? What if I fix a 12 inch subwoofer enclosure of JBL ? That has a good output...

vikram

Suspended
prices vary if its 12k i guess i wudnt mind but it seem to have fallen in love with it. about speakers ill check when they open the door panels. in my aveo i brot a 6 inch jbl comps n it dint fit in the door the window was obstructing it. had to fit it in the rear then and tweeters in front

oem speakers are not meant for amps they will jarr alot and may get damaged 20k is good budget do things in steps amps and speakers first then subs
Is it ? Cool !! How do I go about it dude ?? Help me out.

best wofer performance will need a monoblock amp. jbl 360w rs14k
or else get a bridgeable 4ch amp Rockford Fosgate® - R600-5 if you got 15k fr amp and can add sub later or components later

Is it ? Cool !! How do I go about it dude ?? Help me out.
well see oem speakers are just suited to 52w rms the head unit gives out adding an amp may give you some increase but it will sound bad. also there are no crossovers like in component speakers. add in what is more required. a good component system, say jbl 800w amp is 6k a good component depends you can take rockford and if your happy with the bass then good if not add a sub

Last edited:
I see. I'm actually very raw when it comes to Car Audio[:D]. whats the whole thing about rms ? you said that the 4 channel amp will give 140 to 200 while the woofer needs 275 to 300 for ultimate performance... I mean, then what's the solution ? Every problem has a solution? What if I fix a 12 inch subwoofer enclosure of JBL ? That has a good output...
4 ch amps are not made for subs .but you can still use it.
monoamp are the one that gives ultimate performance with sub
but as you see JBL monoamp will cost you 12000 which can run only 1 sub.[u need to buy seperate amp for speakers then, so total 2 amps]

or you can buy the same amp that i use for my sub - JBL gto1004 which gives [150 rms * 2 (for speakers) + 300 rms * 2 (for woofer) ] - will cost you 14000... or the one that nickandre has mentioned above.

there is no other solution. Amp plays very important role .
as i said above u need to match the Rms of your speaker/sub with that of amp for best result. there is no point in buying crap amp with costly speakers/sub.

Rms is nothing but the continuous power that can be delivered by an equipment. usually more rms gives louder sound but sound quality purely depends upon the brand you choose for your speakers/sub.
but if your amp's output rms is lower then the max.input rms that speakers can handle , you are underpowering the speakers. so not good result.
everything should be balanced.

you will find Rms written on the box on every single thing you will purchase.

Thanx [:)]

Last edited:
good info neil. now am of to rest these ice stuff are soo confusing really dont knw what to choose. hope i get my car tomorrow, wish me luck
ya even i am very confused. and now you showed me hertz when i almost decided to go for infinity. i think i will listen to both of them and then i will buy. but at least i dont have to buy amps and woofer.

good luck for your car. hope you will get it sooner.

vikram

Suspended
@ nickandre , @neil : Done ! After a lot of thinking, I have decided will go step by step on some quality Audio Upgrade instead of just putting up some c**p in a hurry.
First, I'll upgrade the 4 speakers.( Budget 10 K )
Second, Put a good 4 channel Amp for the speakers ( Budget 7-8 K)
Along with wiring, fitting charges, this comes to 20K. And I think this will give a decent sound. I'll go for a sub and a mono-amp for the sub later. [thumbsup]
Now, what is the wattage/rms of the OEM speakers ? I'll replace all 4, done ! Which are good speakers i'll get for 10 K ? (can i get rockford fosgate for 10K , all 4 ??).
Secondly, Can I get a 4 channel amp from rockford fosgate within 8K ? If not, JBL is there for sure. But will it work well with Rcokford/any other speakers ? Or is it that all the stuff (speakers,sub,amp has to be of the same brand) ? Which speakers of rockford/JBL GTO series/Infinity will directly fit into OEM speakers ? Will there be any difference in quality of music after fitting 4 new speakers and a 4 channel amp for the speakers ??How will the fitting/wiring be done for this? I am more keen on rockford fosgate or JBL GTO than any other brand. These are good.

vikram

Suspended
Or what about replacing the speakers and getting good JBL GTO ones(all 4 of them with a budget within 10K), a JBL subwoofer and a JBL 2 channel amplifier( connecting one way to a pair of speakers,either front or rear and the other to the subwoofer ) ? I think this will be a good arrangement and will be within 20K along with wiring and labour charges.
Please excuse me as I'm a little raw when it comes to car audio so don't know much,I'm making these wild suggestions some of which are my own,some which are being used in others' cars and some which have been suggested by various car audio dealers !!

This suggestion was made to me by a car-audio dealer. He said the result will be "great".

Top Bottom