Audio System Upgrade on Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Thread Starter #17

verna

Suspended
I was having a look at Rockford Fosgate... Amazing sound quality they offer. I have driven a Mitsubishi Outlander(fitted with a Rockford Fosgate and the sound ...[thumbsup])
Rockford in India gives enclosures and Amps at a reasonable cost (say you can go for an upgrade including component speakers,enclosure and a 2 channel amp for less than 20K) but that will be better than SONY,JBL,Pioneer,Alpine,Blaupunkt any day.... Almost similar sound quality to Harman Kardon.

What do you guys suggest ?

I was having a look at Rockford Fosgate... Amazing sound quality they offer. I have driven a Mitsubishi Outlander(fitted with a Rockford Fosgate and the sound ...)
Rockford in India gives enclosures and Amps at a reasonable cost (say you can go for an upgrade including component speakers,enclosure and a 2 channel amp for less than 20K) but that will be better than SONY,JBL,Pioneer,Alpine,Blaupunkt any day.... Almost similar sound quality to Harman Kardon.

What do you guys suggest ?
Here goes the pics :
(1) Rockford Fosgate P1L-1X12
Single Punch 12" 150 Watt Loaded Enclosure

(2) Rockford Fosgate R150-2
Prime 150 Watt 2-Channel Amplifier

(3) Rockford Fosgate P1652-S
6.50" Punch Series Component System.

I think this will do JUSTICE to MUSIC LOVERS and ICE of the car ..
Makes sense don't you think ?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #18

verna

Suspended
Haven't confirmed the prices as yet... But heard from a fellow who got Rockford ICE done on his Swift that an arrangement similar to this was around 20K....
NOT BAD [;)][:)]

Cheers !

Thread Starter #20

verna

Suspended
All those from RF under 20k? I highly doubt it!

RF is awesome no doubt , if you have the budget go for it.
I found out from a friend who had got these fitted in his Swift recently....
AND THE SOUND [thumbsup]
But still, I can get a good enough job done from JBL for 10-12 K !!
Would like to stick to the latter [;)]
can spend the extra 8K on something better , say sunfilms or add some extra cash and go for alloys !!

Dear Folks,

I wish to know if the factory fitted HU comes with a pre out for a sub on the new fluidic verna crdi 1.6? if no what 6x9s does the factory HU support? 300w? 290w? 100w rms?
cheers
Nj

hey , i am getting my new verna fluidic in couple of days replacing my honda city.

I have already spent 55 to 60 k for my music system in honda city .
now i am not sure that i can replace the stock system -- specially the head unit with custom one in verna.
I have double din sony mp3 player.

My cars music system specs are-
1.Head Unit -- Sony WX-GT77UI , [Double DIN MP3] [3 preouts]

2.Woofer -- Infinity 1260w -[1200 watts - 300 rms ] [ I will buy one more sub soon]
-- connected to jbl amp

3.Amplifiers --
(1)Sony XM-GTR7040 [700 watt] [ 80 rms * 4 ]
(2) JBL GTO1004 [1300 watts] [300 rms * 2 or 150 rms * 4 ]

4.Speakers -- Pioneer TS-A6993R , [460 watts with supertweeters]
connected to sony amp

5.Component -- Pioneer TS-A1302C [180 watts]
connected to sony amp

my current honda city [music sys] -- few videos here - http://www.youtube.com/user/neelppatel007?feature=mhee

I want to put this system in verna.. I know that except head unit , other things will be easily fit.
I am worried about head unit.... is it removable??
has anybody successfully replaced stock player here in verna and if yes then how?
or i will be the first one doing that... lol ..

Last edited:
@neil i am awaiting my car as well, to answer the second part of ur query, yes it can be removed and since you have a decent double din unit i thk u mite not have any issues at all i reckon,apart from the steering mounted controls. All you need to do is get a fascia for it. The rest of ur bit and bobs will blend in well.
regards
Nj

@neil i am awaiting my car as well, to answer the second part of ur query, yes it can be removed and since you have a decent double din unit i thk u mite not have any issues at all i reckon,apart from the steering mounted controls. All you need to do is get a fascia for it. The rest of ur bit and bobs will blend in well.
regards
Nj
the stock one is not in a symmetrical rectangle shape unlike most other cars . so i think if we remove it we have to fit some outer box or something that can hold the player...
Is such thing available to buy or we need custom made?
i am not aware about it..

this is what i get in indian model

Thanx [:)]

Attachments

@ neil you might need a facia(mite get it cheaper in india). check the link below. If possible could you enquire the spec of the stock player and stock speakers, like the rms out of the stock player, or whether the stock unit comes with a pre out at all? I am based in the uk, i bought the car for my brother hes a bass monkey, ideally i would like to pop in an amp and a 12 inch woofer. The sales clowns at the showroom are not helpful what so ever.
cheers
Nj

CT23HY08 Hyundai Sonata Double DIN Facia Kit

@ neil you might need a facia(mite get it cheaper in india). check the link below. If possible could you enquire the spec of the stock player and stock speakers, like the rms out of the stock player, or whether the stock unit comes with a pre out at all? I am based in the uk, i bought the car for my brother hes a bass monkey, ideally i would like to pop in an amp and a 12 inch woofer. The sales clowns at the showroom are not helpful what so ever.
cheers
Nj

CT23HY08 Hyundai Sonata Double DIN Facia Kit
thanx for the info...

so it's called fascia...
i just inquired about it to one of the dealer ... and he told that it's available for verna fluidic .. but m not sure until i check it out myself.
he was asking for around Rs 2800/- [£ 43] ..

He told me that if i want to keep the stock player , i can use some "conversation wire" to get better output. I dont know what is that.
Is it really good or i should use my double din ??

Thanx :)

The so called conversion wire is nothing but a Hi-Lo converter that converts the amplified signals to low voltage pre-amps to be fed to the amp. After all this, all u will get is crap. Stay away if u like clean Music.

The so called conversion wire is nothing but a Hi-Lo converter that converts the amplified signals to low voltage pre-amps to be fed to the amp. After all this, all u will get is crap. Stay away if u like clean Music. How many pre-outs does the verna have anyway?

@racerdabba
Even the engineers at hyundai doesnt know if pre-outs r embedded in the Stock unit or not its pathetic..:(

The so called conversion wire is nothing but a Hi-Lo converter that converts the amplified signals to low voltage pre-amps to be fed to the amp. After all this, all u will get is crap. Stay away if u like clean Music. How many pre-outs does the verna have anyway?
ya... i dnt trust it too...

i dont know yet how many pre-outs verna has..
i think it wont be more thn two...

My sony dbl din has 3 preouts and i have two 4 ch amps...

2 preouts has been used in 1st amp for speakers and component..
3rd preout in 2nd amp for 1 sub ... there is still 1 ch remaining in the 2nd amp , but i dont have preout for it.
and i want to put i more sub in tht ch , thn how do i do it??
Do i need to bridge it or something else i can do? .... i dnt want to loose output....

In my 2nd amp[jbl] there is one preout too... [to connect another amp]
Can i use it's own preout as input to it???

Thnx [:)]

Top Bottom