Atom: A Red Tata Nano Gen-X AMT

Re: Atom -- A Red Tata Nano Genx AMT

You could also go with black strip, as I have done with my 'Nimble mountain goat '.

But make sure from your sticker guy, if this can be removed at a later date.

Thread Starter #47

Hello All,

Atom has now completed around 6300km.

So finally got the aloys done for the Atom.

Make: Plati India
12 inches
Price: 16800
Installation: 500
total 17300

After installing the alloys the car felt a little bouncier than before at low speeds, however my wife didnt feel anything.

Here are the pics, will try to upload some more pics over the weekend.

IMG-20170630-WA0000-0.jpg

IMG-20170630-WA0001-1.jpg

Planning for a black coloured roof sticker, I have two options

1. regular Vinyl costs around 1800 rs
2. Some body wrap costs around 4000rs.: the dealer says it can be removed without any trace and will not fade like regualr vinyl.

any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,
Kinshuk

u
Hello All,

Atom has now completed around 6300km.

So finally got the aloys done for the Atom.

Make: Plati India
12 inches
Price: 16800
Installation: 500
total 17300

After installing the alloys the car felt a little bouncier than before at low speeds, however my wife didnt feel anything.

Here are the pics, will try to upload some more pics over the weekend.

View attachment 227923

View attachment 227924

Planning for a black coloured roof sticker, I have two options

1. regular Vinyl costs around 1800 rs
2. Some body wrap costs around 4000rs.: the dealer says it can be removed without any trace and will not fade like regualr vinyl.

any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,
Kinshuk
Wow @kinshuk, atom with alloy looks yummylitious, especially the red lip.

Just ensure as @Rahul had told me when I did racing strip, that the wrap should be removable without causing any damage to paint, in future when you get bored with the wrap and want to change.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49

u

Wow @kinshuk, atom with alloy looks yummylitious, especially the red lip.
yes just have to get the slightly more woblly issue rectified. will post more pics after a clean up of the car this weekend and in sun if possible.

Hi Kinshuk, Alloys are really looking nice.
How many kilometers on ODO and what mileage you are getting with AC in Pune traffic.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51

Hi Kinshuk, Alloys are really looking nice.
How many kilometers on ODO and what mileage you are getting with AC in Pune traffic.
Hello, I think around 7000km on the ODO. and mileage with AC I am getting is close to 15kmpl. I had checked the mileage sometime back but it is quite similar to the big suvs without ac.

Thread Starter #52

Atom finally completes 10000km over the past 2 years 4 months.

The mileage that I have gotten till now is close to 16kmpl with mixed drives of Sport and non Sport mode, but with almost 90% AC.

Atom is running fantastic except for some engine noise which has increased in the past 2 months.
apart from that no other issue.

Also I have lost one of the alloys and have reverted it back to the the steel wheel. Went hunting for another set of alloys but the good ones come in 13 inch, basically the Kwid alloys, which will cost me close to 40k for alloys and tyres, hence have postponed the upgrade till the time I change the tyres. As the tyres are still new.

One more point is since it being an AMT it needs to be put in Sports mode if you are climbing uphill will load and AC.

one more thing in Sports mode it touches 65kmph in3rd gear itself, so that was a fun drive.

the biggest qualm that I have with the Nano is bl***y no one gives a s*** to it in the traffic, people forget that it is still a car which weighs close to 650 kilos and comes with drum brakes which will mow down any god damn motorcycle or your scooter.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member

the biggest qualm that I have with the Nano is bl***y no one gives a s*** to it in the traffic, people forget that it is still a car which weighs close to 650 kilos and comes with drum brakes which will mow down any god damn motorcycle or your scooter.
I actually had a laugh with the way you wrote the quoted part buddy[lol] Always remember, What Mr. Muhammad Ali (boxing veteran) quoted "'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee'" This phrase holds true for the Nano. As for mowing down the 2 wheeler, on a lighter note, keeping all technicalities aside, it can do serious stuff with cars double it's size and four times it's price. Have a look!

Maruti-Ciaz-vs-Tata-Nano2.jpg

Maruti-Ciaz-vs-Tata-Nano.jpg

PS: Do not get carried away by the pic of the scooter in the pic!! Do concentrate on the cars only[:D]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #54

I actually had a laugh with the way you wrote the quoted part buddy[lol] Always remember, What Mr. Muhammad Ali (boxing veteran) quoted "'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee'" This phrase holds true for the Nano. As for mowing down the 2 wheeler, on a lighter note, keeping all technicalities aside, it can do serious stuff with cars double it's size and four times it's price. Have a look!

PS: Do not get carried away by the pic of the scooter in the pic!! Do concentrate on the cars only[:D]

Regards

Akash
I saw this pic earlier as well, but never noticed the "scooter"
Looks like that scooter might have been the cause of that accident.

OMG! I am wondered that a Nano could drill a Ciaz this way. Anyways Maruti's are known for their inferior fit and are put together not that great..... Nano seems to have very minor damage comparing the Ciaz's rear !!!

I have also come across somewhere online that Tata's build is far ahead of Maruti's. Take a Tiago / Tigor, the weight and the structural integrity is at par...... way ahead from a Celerio though...

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #57
Re: Atom -- A Red Tata Nano Gen-X AMT

Hello All,

A small update after a long time.

Got the 3rd year major service done yesterday, although it is a 40000km service we had to get it done at 17000km.

The parts and fluids that have been changed are:

1. Engine oil 2.2 liters 685rs
2. oil filter 191rs
3. coolant 3 liters 729rs. this I think could have been saved
4. brake fluid .25liter 136.8rs
5. spark plug 2 172rs. this could have been saved.
6. Fuel filter 1 371rs
7. gear oil 1.4 liters 442rs
8. major service 1800rs
9. external polishing and cleaning 3m 1700
10. internal cleaning 3m 1100
Total 7300rs.
After interior cleaning the beige interiors have gone back to showroom finish.

They have also said that a hose which connects the air filter to the manifold has a cut in it which according to the representative is the cause of jerks during idling which we had complained.

We also had a malfunction light on for a couple of days which went away 1 day before the servicing.
We have also ordered a spare remote for the car, in cases where you loose the remote and open the car with the key it starts screaming and doesnt stop.

Oh and by the way one of my alloys broke and the design is unavailable any more so using the normal steel rim for now.

Apart from this everything is fine with the Nano.

Last edited:

Hello All,

A small update after a long time.

Got the 3rd year major service done yesterday, although it is a 40000km service we had to get it done at 17000km.

The parts and fluids that have been changed are:

1. Engine oil 2.2 liters 685rs
2. oil filter 191rs
3. coolant 3 liters 729rs. this I think could have been saved
4. brake fluid .25liter 136.8rs
5. spark plug 2 172rs. this could have been saved.
6. Fuel filter 1 371rs
7. gear oil 1.4 liters 442rs
8. major service 1800rs
9. external polishing and cleaning 3m 1700
10. internal cleaning 3m 1100
Total 7300rs.
After interior cleaning the beige interiors have gone back to showroom finish.

They have also said that a hose which connects the air filter to the manifold has a cut in it which according to the representative is the cause of jerks during idling which we had complained.

We also had a malfunction light on for a couple of days which went away 1 day before the servicing.
We have also ordered a spare remote for the car, in cases where you loose the remote and open the car with the key it starts screaming and doesnt stop.

Oh and by the way one of my alloys broke and the design is unavailable any more so using the normal steel rim for now.

Apart from this everything is fine with the Nano.
Hello Sir. Could you please explain in detail about the jerks during idle, because our 2012 Tata Nano Lx has the same problem. Your explanation could be of help to me.

Thanks,
Vaishak Murugesan

Thread Starter #59

my automatic had an issue where when the car was idling the car used to vibrate a lot as in it is trying to run away. but mine is an automatic. the representative said it is because of the air hose being cut which he has ordered. will update once it is installed.

Top Bottom