Atom: A Red Tata Nano Gen-X AMT

Re: Atom -- A Red Tata Nano Genx AMT

Atom got its first servicing done this weekend. The service took just a couple of hours with a '0' bill.

No issues to report, still a peppy engine with a small body.

Although Atom did get his first battle scar this week, wifey trying to park in a tight spot got scratched by the pillar. I dont think anything can be done on this as the paint has peeled off completely and the filler is visible, but would love to hear suggestions if any.

View attachment 189852
congrats on your new car the tata nano kinshuk.arya, and have very very happy miles ahead with it. and i think you could take the car to the service centre and ask a quote for a repaint if the cost is worthy you could go for it otherwise buy a 3M Rubbing compound and try it yourself or take it to a 3m car care near you and tell them to remove as they have machine too it would be even better. after if the scratch is slighty visible leave it as it is. i think these are the only way i know. and your car looks fantastic especially in the red colour. how is the amt to drive and so far what mileage your getting.[:)]

Thread Starter #32

congrats on your new car the tata nano kinshuk.arya, and have very very happy miles ahead with it. and i think you could take the car to the service centre and ask a quote for a repaint if the cost is worthy you could go for it otherwise buy a 3M Rubbing compound and try it yourself or take it to a 3m car care near you and tell them to remove as they have machine too it would be even better. after if the scratch is slighty visible leave it as it is. i think these are the only way i know. and your car looks fantastic especially in the red colour. how is the amt to drive and so far what mileage your getting.[:)]
Thanks FordFiesta1.6, I dont think a repaint will be worth it because those guys insist on repainting the entire panel. Will try the rubbing compound to see if it can at least lighten the scratches, otherwise was thinking of getting a Carbon fibre sticker on top of it.

AMT drive is fun in the cities and boring on empty stretches. currently the milleage I am getting is around 17kmpl with AC.

Attachments

Thread Starter #33

Hello Guys,

No updates from Atom as nothing much is happening.
the mileage figures have gone up to 19kmpl in the city without ac. No other issues to report.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Hello Guys,

No updates from Atom as nothing much is happening.
the mileage figures have gone up to 19kmpl in the city without ac. No other issues to report.

Regards,
Kinshuk
Thanks for the update Kinshuk, how many Km have you covered, how is the AMT behaving? do you use the 'S' mode?, especially the creep function.

Regards

Vinod

Thread Starter #35

Thanks for the update Kinshuk, how many Km have you covered, how is the AMT behaving? do you use the 'S' mode?, especially the creep function.

Regards

Vinod
Hello Vinod sir,

have covered just 1500kms till date. Nano's not being used much.

AMT is superb in city riding, but I miss the manual. S mode is good for climbing and all but it woudnt have mattered much if tata hadnt included that in the Nano as the S mode can also be simulated by just pressing the accelerator to the maximum.

Hello Vinod sir,

have covered just 1500kms till date. Nano's not being used much.

AMT is superb in city riding, but I miss the manual. S mode is good for climbing and all but it woudnt have mattered much if tata hadnt included that in the Nano as the S mode can also be simulated by just pressing the accelerator to the maximum.
Sorry I dont agree. If you press the S mode then the shifts will happen at the max threshold thereby giving max output in a gear range, acceleration is way quicker, I have used it to embarass swifts, i10s and have even caught innova's by surpirse. Without the S mode and by depressing the accelerator to max you will get a delayed gear shift but definitely much sooner than the S mode. For eg in S mode 5 th gear kicks in at 70km/hr whereas at normal mode it will kick in post 60km/hr, S mode definitely gives the extra kick and you can feel the sudden acceleration, whereas it is linear in the normal mode

Thread Starter #37

Sorry I dont agree. If you press the S mode then the shifts will happen at the max threshold thereby giving max output in a gear range, acceleration is way quicker, I have used it to embarass swifts, i10s and have even caught innova's by surpirse. Without the S mode and by depressing the accelerator to max you will get a delayed gear shift but definitely much sooner than the S mode. For eg in S mode 5 th gear kicks in at 70km/hr whereas at normal mode it will kick in post 60km/hr, S mode definitely gives the extra kick and you can feel the sudden acceleration, whereas it is linear in the normal mode
Never noticed that much of a difference between the both, will check it out next time.

I am considering Nano AMT for my wife who is not that fond of driving (yes thats true) but she dont have any option as she has to travel 20 kms one way to her office daily. Currently she is going by bus and also she is a new driver. Would Nano AMT be a good option for her?

Thread Starter #39

I am considering Nano AMT for my wife who is not that fond of driving (yes thats true) but she dont have any option as she has to travel 20 kms one way to her office daily. Currently she is going by bus and also she is a new driver. Would Nano AMT be a good option for her?
Hey Souvik,

Nano AMT is a good option for her. Infact the best in the price range.

The only issue is no one considers it a 4 wheeler not even the cycle riders.

Amazing AC, no issues of gearshifts, average of around 20kmpl, smallest turning radius, 3.5 lakhs on road.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Hey Souvik,

Nano AMT is a good option for her. Infact the best in the price range.

The only issue is no one considers it a 4 wheeler not even the cycle riders.

Amazing AC, no issues of gearshifts, average of around 20kmpl, smallest turning radius, 3.5 lakhs on road.

Regards,
Kinshuk
Agree with everything apart from the mileage. My wife AMT has not been giving more than 16 km/litre. The manual nano gives better mileage not the AMT. But its the easiest thing to drive!

Thread Starter #41

Hello All,

Apologies for the delay in update, but the thing is there is not much to update, no issues with Atom, Have completed close to 3000km.

I am thinking of getting the Y shaped Alloys for the Atom. Any ideas of how much they cost?

regards,
Kinshuk

Hello All,

Apologies for the delay in update, but the thing is there is not much to update, no issues with Atom, Have completed close to 3000km.

I am thinking of getting the Y shaped Alloys for the Atom. Any ideas of how much they cost?

regards,
Kinshuk
It should cost around 10500/- for a set of 4.

Thread Starter #43

Hello all,

Apologies for the delay in updates. Things is tyere is nothing to update. Atom is doing good.

Now since my wifes has started taking out the Nano on a daily basis she want it to personalize it. I have finallized on the black Y shaped alloys from tata itself.

Looking for ideas apart from that to make the Automatic Nano more 'fun and cute'.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Hello all,

Apologies for the delay in updates. Things is tyere is nothing to update. Atom is doing good.

Now since my wifes has started taking out the Nano on a daily basis she want it to personalize it. I have finallized on the black Y shaped alloys from tata itself.

Looking for ideas apart from that to make the Automatic Nano more 'fun and cute'.
Try something as shown below bud!

20150912_113308.jpg

20150912_113201.jpg

20150912_113217.jpg

20150912_113340.jpg

20150912_113236.jpg

Top Bottom