Atom: A Red Tata Nano Gen-X AMT

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

After a lot of pondering over what car to buy we have booked a Red Genx Tata Nano XTA. It will be my wifey's car for office and its complete usage will be in the city only.

The booking amount is 5000rs and there is a waiting period of 2-3 months in Pune for the AMT version.

The on road cost is 3.53 lakhs without any discount, but this include minor accessory like Floor Mats and Mud flaps.

It took us more than 2 weeks to decide the colour, we were torn between Purple and the Red, then went ahead with the Red as it is kind of family colour to us.

Reasons to buy: Cheapest AMT available in the market, Looks good in red.

Observations: It is quite easy to drive around town even in bumper to bumper traffic, engine feels quite peppy in Sports mode and Manual mode. the best feature of the car apart from the AMT is the chilling AC, it is one of the most effective ACs I have seen in Indian cars. Drum brakes will take some time to getting used to.

At the end of the day Tata has nailed it right on the head and I am quite confident in saying that it is the Perfect City Car now sans the safety features.

Things I would have liked at least at optional cost. Disc brakes, ABS and air bags.

Planning to get the following things done:

1. Black Alloys from Tata, the v shaped one.
2. Projectors with HIDs if needed. Since it will be an only city car I dont think they will be needed.
3. A navigation system.
4. Reverse Camera.

Name: Deciding on a name took more time than deciding on the car. We had shortlisted a couple of names like Ariel (Little Mermaid), Sebastian (red lobster from the Little Mermaid), Elmo ( a character from Sesame Street), Almost finalized the name Ariel when I suggested my wife to keep Ariel Atom, Showed her some pics of The Ariel Atom after that we realized it was also the name of the tiniest robot in the movie Real Steel who was the underdog of the movie. So that lead to the name Atom.

As of now we are expecting the delivery sometime end of September, Will keep you guys updated on the proceedings.

Update: 19th October 2015

Hello guys, so finally got a call from Concorde Motors after numerous followups to get the payment ready. will be going there today to complete the payment and the RTO documentation formalities. Apparently the price of the Nano has been increased by 3-4k in the past 3 months.

26-10-15: have done the payment over the weekend, signed the Form 20 for the RTO. Should get the vehicle in 3-4 days.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Atom -- A Red Tata Nano Genx AMT

Thank You vikyjoshi. Optimus is doing great, the thing is there is nothing to update since my last mod of Hellas, It has covered close to 38000km as of now, and still feels like new.

Congrats on buying the most under rated cars in the country. Nice Name by the way, i'm sure you're loving the nimbleness and space the car offers.

Thread Starter #5

Congrats on buying the most under rated cars in the country. Nice Name by the way, i'm sure you're loving the nimbleness and space the car offers.
Thanks Krishna.

Even I used to dismiss Nano the way everyone does, but after a test drive the nimbleness of the steering, the space offered, the footprint of the vehicle even plastic qualities have changed my perception.

Congrats [clap] From which dealer you had taken delivery ?
And kitna deti hai ? [:D]

Hello Guys,

After a lot of pondering over what car to buy we have booked a Red Genx Tata Nano XTA. It will be my wifey's car for office and its complete usage will be in the city only.

As of now we are expecting the delivery sometime end of September, Will keep you guys updated on the proceedings.

Regards,
Kinshuk
Congrats kinshuk on booking the cutie Atom.....reading your post most thought you already owned atom[lol], change the heading to BOOKED-ATOM.

Regards

Vinod

Thread Starter #8

So the Atom is finally home.

The delivery was a smooth process. full points to Concorde Motors, In and out of the dealership in 35-40 minutes.

I am not giving any ride impressions, not good in writing. But I will say My wife and me are really happy with the purchase, ac is a chiller, suspension is good, turning radius seems like shorter than motorcycles, 1500 me tank full that too shell, a bit underpowered with full load.

So lets enjoy some delivery pics and morning photosession.

dsc07651.jpg

dsc07655.jpg

dsc07656.jpg

dsc07657.jpg

dsc07688.jpg

dsc07689.jpg

dsc07690.jpg

dsc07693.jpg

dsc07698.jpg

dsc07699.jpg

dsc07700.jpg

dsc07701.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9

Took out Atom today for a small jaunt around the city, travelled around 40kms, the average shown by the real time meter went up to 30kmpl for sometime and the average fuel consumption for the entire trip came around 19kmpl.

Atom is the perfect city car now.

I found something after the ride, the fan for the radiator in the rear end keeps ON even after the key has been removed. Is this normal that the fan is connected directly to the battery in case of Tata Nano?

Congrats Kinshuk on your Atom, enjoy your ride, the radiator fan on is a safety feature available on most cars, you will get used to.

regards

vinod

Thread Starter #11

Congrats Kinshuk on your Atom, enjoy your ride, the radiator fan on is a safety feature available on most cars, you will get used to.

regards

vinod
Thanks vinod. But normally the radiator shuts down after shutting down the car entirely.

Thanks vinod. But normally the radiator shuts down after shutting down the car entirely.
Congrats Arya on your Atom! I have the same variant , same colored car since 3 months now. In the AMT model the radiator is in the front whereas there is an additional fan in the rear.
The fan in the rear of your car running even after switching off the engine is normal. If you put your hand behind the rear bumper when that fan is on a significant amount of heat is felt in the air. This fan seems to work to pump out the additional heat generated in bumper to bumper traffic.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

Congrats Arya on your Atom! I have the same variant , same colored car since 3 months now. In the AMT model the radiator is in the front whereas there is an additional fan in the rear.
The fan in the rear of your car running even after switching off the engine is normal. If you put your hand behind the rear bumper when that fan is on a significant amount of heat is felt in the air. This fan seems to work to pump out the additional heat generated in bumper to bumper traffic.
Hello KSDR,

thanks a lot.

The fan working is not an issue. My point is that the fan keeps on working in cases even when the key has been taken out of the ignition lock.

shouldnt it stop at that time? if it doesnt it is just going to suck out the battery juice which might give an issue later on. so should we keep the engine on till the time the fan is running or that fan doesnt consume that much battery so as to give an issue later on?

Regards,
Kinshuk

Congratulation!!! You have choose the NANO technology.

I have driven this car so many times and it is fun to drive in heavy traffic of PUNE. I love the feather touché electronic assisted steering which make driving an ease. The cabin space, roof height, leg room, AC is just amazing.

Suggestion: If you wish to get a good FE try to drive in MANUAL mode, which is also a good to drive.

Hope you have great miles ahead.

"DRIVE SAFELY".

Top Bottom