At Last, Ritzu Comes to My Home..

@ Sbtrajesh Good to know that you are enjoying your ride. And about those filters , a stock K&N filter will not give any major performance boost to your car , will not solve your turbo lag problem. A better and costlier performance filter will see an increase in performance but it will void the warranty. Almost all the diesel engines suffer from turbo lag , you will have to get adjusted to it. Pete's i have no idea but i have heard very good reviews about it , and most importantly its plug type so no issues about warranty too i guess.

@ Fusion_defusion The reason why people change the OE tyres soon is because they are worst tyres which you can get in a car! Switch over to better tyres and you can feel the difference easily more comfort , lesser tyre noise etc. You can very well use the old rims unless you don plan to upsize them or add alloys. OE tyres and rims will be taken for a good rate by a good tyre dealer in your place.

@ Kamalb The amp does get heated a lot but the heat wont be that much to make the passenger complain , you can very well go ahead with it without any heat insulation as such.

My speaker max OP is 480W 5way so i tested with a friend of mine and sounds was awesome.and for that i have ordered a new parcel tray too which will be the speakers will be mounted and work as a big box. this saves more space on boot.. the shipment is arrived and the tray will be fixed next week..
goodluck and do post the results[:)]

Thread Starter #34
@ Sbtrajesh Good to know that you are enjoying your ride. And about those filters , a stock K&N filter will not give any major performance boost to your car , will not solve your turbo lag problem. A better and costlier performance filter will see an increase in performance but it will void the warranty. Almost all the diesel engines suffer from turbo lag , you will have to get adjusted to it. Pete's i have no idea but i have heard very good reviews about it , and most importantly its plug type so no issues about warranty too i guess.

Hai,
While I contacted pete's they send this mail to me

Thank you for your interest in Pete’s
[ Pete’s Tuning Box is available for Ritz Diesel. Costs Rs. 28,000/- it will increase Bhp from 75 to 92 and also increase Torque from 190 nm to 230 nm. Turbo lag can be reduced to some extent. Due to increase in Torque gear shifting ratio will be reduced.
Mileage will depend completely on your driving style. There won’t be drop because of Tuning box
Following modifications are also available for your Ritz Diesel :
1. Green Cotton Replacement Filter : Rs. 4,200/- will make your drive much more smoother
2. Bilstein B14 Suspension : Rs. 68,000/- ( Front & Rear It will cut all unwanted Roll and give you a controlled, Steady, Predictable and Comfortable Ride with Superb Handling.)
3. Tarox Brake Rotors : Rs. 22,500/- Will improve Braking efficiency
-----------Next Post-----------
First of all, a very heartiest congratulations for your ritzu rajesh. I myself own one (non ABS) silky silver.I just have one question to you and probably others who upgrade their rubber just after rolling their car out from the showroom. What do you do with your old (but still brand new) tires and the rims? do these dealers buy them back?
Hai fusion,
I upgrade the shoes the same day just after rolling out from the showroom.
They taken back old tyre+rims.
Driving diffrence is amasing.....
Thanks for my friends here for their valuable suggetions about upgrading rubber.
-----------Next Post-----------
congrats on the new car buddy.. can you post few pic's where have you fixed the ICE (HU,AMP and speakers)? specially the AMP where its fixed and how its fixed..
And also how much heat is produce by the AMP and any passenger complain about the heat produce by the AMP?
AMP just laid under the front passenger seat..
Not much heat I feel still now
Pics will post later kamalb

Last edited:
Hai fusion,
I upgrade the shoes the same day just after rolling out from the showroom.
They taken back old tyre+rims.
Driving diffrence is amasing.....
Thanks for my friends here for their valuable suggetions about upgrading rubber.
I just had a question with the older parts, good they buy it back. Well its still time for me to upgrade my rubber, I am still using the stock tires done 35k with that and i think they will still do 20k or more and yes its due to these guys we get to know more before deciding on to something, these guys rock!!

@sbtrajesh,

First of all, congrats on your new Ritzu and those are some really cool add-ons you have gifted your car with![cheers]

But regarding the Pete's tuning box, if you are planning to go for it, I would suggest you to wait for a while till you complete the initial run-in period. It's just my idea and more suggestions are welcome on this

I second holysatan. I was actually seeing a video on installing a pete's tuning box on a skoda laura. It seems pretty simple to install but they are charging 28k for the box:eek: may be they are importing it in bulk and then selling it. Is there a way to just grab the parameters which this tuning box feeds to the intake system for different car brands and then if we know somebody in US who get this for us, any thoughts??

@ Sbtrajesh Are you a real performance enthusiast , do you really want that improvement in performance? If yes then go ahead with Pete's if you have the budget for it. But i would say wait for a few thousand KMS till the running-in period gets over. Have heard good reviews for green cotton too but this wont provide any major performance boost.

Thread Starter #39
@ Sbtrajesh Are you a real performance enthusiast , do you really want that improvement in performance? If yes then go ahead with Pete's if you have the budget for it. But i would say wait for a few thousand KMS till the running-in period gets over. Have heard good reviews for green cotton too but this wont provide any major performance boost.
Hai cooldhaya,
Thanks for your advice, I will think about pete's after 10k
But can you give me brief idea about the changes they said to me

"increase Bhp from 75 to 92 and also increase Torque from 190 nm to 230 nm."
what feel I get while this changes happened to Bhp and torque
I am not much aware about that
Please explain it to me.. .

Well even am not much of a techie guy , hope somebody will clearly explain to you in detail.

But in short i can say good improvement in pick-up and top-speed! BHP is basically the power output of the engine , and torque in simple words is the pulling power of the engine. So if both these are increased you will notice a very good improvement in performance.

yes but i have read in other forums that the device kicks in at 1800 RPM and if you are one of those who average between 1500-1800 rpm range then don't go for it. But if you are really a rev happy guy then, just go for this product. I have read many reviews who simply had a jaw dropping experience!.

Last edited:
you can't go wrong with pete's tuning box . if this thing can increase safari 3.0 dicor power from 116bhp to 150bhp and torque 300nm to 360nm atleast that's what owner of 3.0 told me

Hello Rajesh did you checked your car that whether there was defect in the engine?
MS were replacing a part in the VDI engine , some connector which if not installed may stall the engine.

Top Bottom